Painting miniatures, terrain and scenery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stuff from this month; 8 Valkyrs, and an Iron Ancestor that tipped over and took fall and painted ripped off the primer damage on the way to the photo booth that I'll repurpose as battle damage, for my Forge Fathers in Deadzone/Firefight/Warpath; and the fields box from my Terrain Crate kickstarter. All Mantic.

4MYo1Z5.jpg

K1wHPJJ.jpg

wzdejtb.jpg

If space dwarf pikers aren't punk to you, we're not on the same page

tPgkKU4.jpg

NV7PLnR.jpg

53C02A92-9D61-4C3A-B058-929F601489A7.jpeg

First go at the salt weathering technique.

Not too successful but I have the other pieces to practice on.

... And first go at photographing with a sheet of HIPS curved up behind the subject.

Last edited:
good stuff. Have you tried the citadel paint Typhus Corrosion? its perfect for this sort of stuff, slap it on, sponge on some bright orange and add a few flicks of silver and you've got an awesome weathered/rusty/damaged piece :D
I’ll have a look out for it.

fAXCEyI.jpg

Urabn Demolisher pattern weapons platform and two Bomb Bots

Rj7elyX.jpg

Brokkr Chiefs

nfSkEyP.jpg

Brokkr Engineers

vO5BJ3A.jpg

Brokkr Heavy Weapons

UYHfwg0.jpg

Brokkrs

avtZ6D4.jpg

More Brokkrs

Not much left to go in this army now
Btw that surface is nicer for photos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As you can see I have done nothing with the Necromunda gang but the scatter I am working on makes a fun setting for pics.

IMG_7734.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Been a while since I've gotten online so thought I'd check in and see how the thread was going haha.

Bought one of these bad boys from IKEA over the weekend - pretty handy, frees up the dinner table again and I can now move everything around the house pretty easily, not a bad stop gap alternative for not having a dedicated hobby table set up. :D

upload_2018-9-10_12-18-58.png

Haven't had a chance to do much painting the last few weeks but I did invest in bases recently (so I can move them more easily rather than just sticking to cardboard) - IMO, makes it look more ordered and easier to identify each unit. Will need to work on gluing the miniatures to the bases and painting them in the next few months as I had left the bases unpainted (hence why some are blue and some are grey). Currently slowly painting a regiment of Polish Vistula Legion, another line infantry regiment and yet to start on a regiment of Middle Guard. Should keep me going a while! :cool:

upload_2018-9-10_12-34-42.png

upload_2018-9-10_12-29-19.png

Sphinx is Reaper Bones. The Red Goblin Scouts are Hasslefree multipart goblins on Stonehaven raptors. I painted the raptors to look like the Rainbow Lorikeets I see in the garden and out walking :) The Ogre Warlord on chariot is regular Mantic, with weapons pieced together from the blades and handles of a bunch of regular 2 handed warrior weapons (plus a Reaper sword blade and a bit of skewer), and the mount is a Brontotherium from Acheson Creations.

You can click on the images and it'll take you to imgur where you can see 'em full size.

Morning all!
Only just recently got into the hobby and thought I'd check to see if any like-minded people are here on BF. Very happy to find out there are!!

The kids gave me a First Strike kit for father's day and after some hits and misses have decided on the Salamanders chapter for my upcoming army.
Really look forward to posting some pics for feedback.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back