Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Due for another speculative bubble?

The market is undervalued, is coming off the back of a downward/stagnant period and is showing early signs of recovery.

Another speculative bubble remains to be seen, but I'm putting in a conservative estimate that crypto will end out the year above US$400b.

Without trying to play Nostradamus the crypto market is looking eerily similar to what it was about this time last year.

Except this time last year it was up around 400% for the year

it's not rocket science to see there's been more downfall from crypto than anything else, people lost in greater numbers than those that made something out of it, just another unequal missed opportunity for masses, so it's a fail !

Nice. Yeah some pretty big deal meetings/partnerships getting nailed. I'm waiting with my moonsuit on, body and mind ready. Picked up a bunch more a while back, pretty effective DCA picking it up at sub 5$ aus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, so you all think I've been burned ect ect. thing is I've been ok with the ups and downs with buying a coin and holding ect, bought and sold many, wins and losses, as a gambling man im fine with that. The side of crypto, and I think, am pretty sure I've expressed this previously in the thread is the nature of buying an ICO, that's where I've been burnt. I haven't invested too heavily in them, as it's an experiment. So far, fail, one coin left out of three ICO investments that may be ok, ok being the possibility of breaking even. one coin has folded completely, one is listed but seems 100000% less than what they said the value would be and another is in the air, the most promising one is in the air. anyway, much to learn but I feel its a fad, done with, the bitcoin thing is done and those smart cookies got there millions to billions and maybe this thing is done and done, professional finance people tell me so

OK, so you all think I've been burned ect ect. thing is I've been ok with the ups and downs with buying a coin and holding ect, bought and sold many, wins and losses, as a gambling man im fine with that. The side of crypto, and I think, am pretty sure I've expressed this previously in the thread is the nature of buying an ICO, that's where I've been burnt. I haven't invested too heavily in them, as it's an experiment. So far, fail, one coin left out of three ICO investments that may be ok, ok being the possibility of breaking even. one coin has folded completely, one is listed but seems 100000% less than what they said the value would be and another is in the air, the most promising one is in the air. anyway, much to learn but I feel its a fad, done with, the bitcoin thing is done and those smart cookies got there millions to billions and maybe this thing is done and done, professional finance people tell me so

Apple (NASDAQ: APPL) shares were worth $1.43 in 1988. $0.67 in 1998. $28.55 in 2007, before the GFC in 2008 sent them back down to $11.76, currently worth $212.24.
I reckon over the journey, plenty in Finance and in IT will have said that they're done.

I'm not suggesting Crypto Currency comes good, I'm suggesting that your friends, like myself, and like the posters on this forum have no idea.

Also, I understand that shares and Crypto Currency are not the same thing. That doesn't need to be pointed out.

Good post. See, you can be worth reading when you're not being a floggo.

I agree with it for a LOT of the CC market, however I do think some will survive and thrive long term.

Apple (NASDAQ: APPL) shares were worth $1.43 in 1988. $0.67 in 1998. $28.55 in 2007, before the GFC in 2008 sent them back down to $11.76, currently worth $212.24.
I reckon over the journey, plenty in Finance and in IT will have said that they're done.

I'm not suggesting Crypto Currency comes good, I'm suggesting that your friends, like myself, and like the posters on this forum have no idea.

Also, I understand that shares and Crypto Currency are not the same thing. That doesn't need to be pointed out.

Apple is a company that sells products. Back before they made iPods they were a small time player in computers and had revenues of $10b a year tops. Now they're up over $200b.

Crypto is a market of now over 2,000 currencies - most of which have zero functionality.

If you had every share in Apple you'd own something worth $1t and you would pocket ~$50b a year in profits. If you owned every single Bitcoin you'd have something worth $100b that was functionally redundant.

Apple(s) and oranges.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back