GDFL Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Thomson have signed former Sth barwon and ammos premiership forward Jarrod Westwood.
Wow, this guy can play. He could quite easily kick 50-60 plus goals as a small fwd come midfielder.
I remember Glen Wallace saying he was one of the toughest footballers he has played with due the size of the guy. If they can get his brother, Josh then double bonus!

Wow, this guy can play. He could quite easily kick 50-60 plus goals as a small fwd come midfielder.
I remember Glen Wallace saying he was one of the toughest footballers he has played with due the size of the guy. If they can get his brother, Josh then double bonus!
Hearing Josh and Grundell could be in purple and yellow.

I've heard Mark McDowell is in discussions with Corio about a joint roll with Challis.
And the Corio boys that went to Inverleigh including Hutchy, Bourke boys etc returning. Any truth to this?
I thought he was headed to North Shore

I've heard Mark McDowell is in discussions with Corio about a joint roll with Challis.
And the Corio boys that went to Inverleigh including Hutchy, Bourke boys etc returning.
Any truth to this?
I thought he was headed to North Shore

I doubt this.. massive step backwards

First draft draw 2019 released, early predictions? ..... ha ha or wait abit boys? :):footy::):think::footy:

Round: 1. 6 APRIL

INVERLEIGH V GW GIANTS

EAST GEELONG V ANAKIE

BELL POST HILL V WINCHELSEA

BELMONT LIONS V BANNOCKBURN

W/CENTRALS V NORTH GEELONG

CORIO V THOMSON

First draft draw 2019 released, early predictions? ..... ha ha or wait abit boys? :):footy::):think::footy:

Round: 1. 6 APRIL

INVERLEIGH V GW GIANTS

EAST GEELONG V ANAKIE

BELL POST HILL V WINCHELSEA

BELMONT LIONS V BANNOCKBURN

W/CENTRALS V NORTH GEELONG

CORIO V THOMSON
Tough start for corio

Is donohue confirmed as inverlieghs coach? Seen an article Hutchison seddon and Kennedy hunt leaving. Big holes.

Why cant bph find a coach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is donohue confirmed as inverlieghs coach? Seen an article Hutchison seddon and Kennedy hunt leaving. Big holes.

Why cant bph find a coach?

Big hole for inverleigh to fill. I think a few more players are out the door. The job is donohue's if we wants it.
I think you may find matt tyquin has also joined Ballan.

Big hole for inverleigh to fill. I think a few more players are out the door.

Yep, Grundell, Meehan trying GFL - 9 gone in total so far, I was actually talking to one of the players who left.

Inverleigh could go from Grand Finalists to Wooden Spoon, what a pity for their lovely supporters.....

Challis steps down at Corio.
Darren Bennett to take charge. Hopefully to bring a couple of GWSP players with him.

Challis steps down at Corio.
Darren Bennett to take charge. Hopefully to bring a couple of GWSP players with him.
I bet you will find that this is more likely the first official decision of the new Pres at Corio, bring back the old crew starting with Darren Bennett, sadly i doubt it will change much

I bet you will find that this is more likely the first official decision of the new Pres at Corio, bring back the old crew starting with Darren Bennett, sadly i doubt it will change much
I think it would come down to a couple of things actually.
1. Bring back a popular member from the club, a well respected Coach, player, and most importantly a decent person.
2. Hopefully being able to entice players that have left in recent years. e.g Michael Cadman, Lachie Hayes and even his youngest son Toby who has been exposed to senior football at GFL level. Throw in another 6-8 players playing at rival GDFL clubs that were once Corio juniors that would not hurt. Not to mention being a well respected assistant coach at GWSP and l think that the club could certainly be more competitive in games, with the hope of pinching a game or two.

I think it would come down to a couple of things actually.
1. Bring back a popular member from the club, a well respected Coach, player, and most importantly a decent person.
2. Hopefully being able to entice players that have left in recent years. e.g Michael Cadman, Lachie Hayes and even his youngest son Toby who has been exposed to senior football at GFL level. Throw in another 6-8 players playing at rival GDFL clubs that were once Corio juniors that would not hurt. Not to mention being a well respected assistant coach at GWSP and l think that the club could certainly be more competitive in games, with the hope of pinching a game or two.
Yep you are dead right, funnily enough with a bit of a cash injection and the right coaching staff, it doesn't take that much to turn a GDFL club around and I would say that Inverleigh are the perfect example of that when they took on Macca. Sadly it can turn the other way equally as quick.
Benny is a great bloke so I truly do hope he does well with his appointment but he has to get the commitment from the playing group and I believe that's where this gets a bit sticky.

Yep you are dead right, funnily enough with a bit of a cash injection and the right coaching staff, it doesn't take that much to turn a GDFL club around and I would say that Inverleigh are the perfect example of that when they took on Macca. Sadly it can turn the other way equally as quick.
Benny is a great bloke so I truly do hope he does well with his appointment but he has to get the commitment from the playing group and I believe that's where this gets a bit sticky.
I've said this before and l will say it again. You need to attract good people first and foremost to the football and netball club and if they can play the game it's a bonus.
You need to put a line through the names that either don't want to be there or don't want to buy in to what the club is trying to avhieve. Also you need to say goodbye to non financial players who are nothing but a burden on the club.
I can assure you the other 11 clubs and the league itself would rather play Corio with 22 players in each the seniors, reserves and junior sides with decent community minded civilians rather than a club full of thugs. Even if that means a few hidings along the way, as long as the game is played in good spirits then it's a win win situation for both clubs involved.
Take a look at Rory Nicol and Newcomb and see the inroads they have made in the last 3-4 years. A more competitive outfit, tripled there percentage, and barely a stroke of bad news against it's name in years. Well done Newcomb
Now its Corio's time. Small baby steps and a well thought out, and more importantly, an achievable target for Darren Bennett and co to achieve looking forward. It's time for other clubs from around to show support and offer guidance and assist in any way possible to make this target achievable.

I've said this before and l will say it again. You need to attract good people first and foremost to the football and netball club and if they can play the game it's a bonus.
You need to put a line through the names that either don't want to be there or don't want to buy in to what the club is trying to avhieve. Also you need to say goodbye to non financial players who are nothing but a burden on the club.
I can assure you the other 11 clubs and the league itself would rather play Corio with 22 players in each the seniors, reserves and junior sides with decent community minded civilians rather than a club full of thugs. Even if that means a few hidings along the way, as long as the game is played in good spirits then it's a win win situation for both clubs involved.
Take a look at Rory Nicol and Newcomb and see the inroads they have made in the last 3-4 years. A more competitive outfit, tripled there percentage, and barely a stroke of bad news against it's name in years. Well done Newcomb
Now its Corio's time. Small baby steps and a well thought out, and more importantly, an achievable target for Darren Bennett and co to achieve looking forward. It's time for other clubs from around to show support and offer guidance and assist in any way possible to make this target achievable.
I couldn't agree more, but their problem is that some of the ones that are sticking by the club are part of the problem. Eg. A certain ex president going around whacking blokes on the field. It's a vicious cycle they they have going on unfortunately.

Players that are leaving inverleigh
Hutchison, JKH, Seddon (Ballan)
Dalton and Casey (GFL)
Best (Melbourne league)
Bourke boys.

Anyone else you have heard punchy. Hard to replace large amount of players with the point system

Players that are leaving inverleigh
Hutchison, JKH, Seddon (Ballan)
Dalton and Casey (GFL)
Best (Melbourne league)
Bourke boys.

Anyone else you have heard punchy. Hard to replace large amount of players with the point system

2 more but I know one of the dads so best not mention names, what will DiBlasio do? Hybens?
Also will McDowell end up with the main gig at North Shore now Darley left them high and dry?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back