Analysis AFLX

Do you Want Collingwood Players in the AFL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

It was fun. You all take s**t so seriously. How much fun did the boys have? The kids got up close and personal to the players they love, they were so engaged with the fans that it was great to see.

I didn’t look at the score, nor did I know who won most games but it was an enjoyable night with plenty of smiling people. You flogs could learn a thing or two from them.

It was fun. You all take s**t so seriously. How much fun did the boys have? The kids got up close and personal to the players they love, they were so engaged with the fans that it was great to see.

I didn’t look at the score, nor did I know who won most games but it was an enjoyable night with plenty of smiling people. You flogs could learn a thing or two from them.
Absolutely!! The over-reaction of so many people (regarding AFLX) is just ridiculous. It's not meant to be taken seriously, and it's no doubt aimed mostly at young kids and people who are not football fans. With a bit of luck quite a few people who went last night (or watched on tv) will start following AFL football from here on in because they found it enjoyable.

It was on for just a handful of hours in one night, then it's finished, so it's not like it's going to take over from the regular format of the game! AFLX is to real football what BBL is to real cricket - but that takes over that sport for about two months a year now.

Absolutely!! The over-reaction of so many people (regarding AFLX) is just ridiculous. It's not meant to be taken seriously, and it's no doubt aimed mostly at young kids and people who are not football fans. With a bit of luck quite a few people who went last night (or watched on tv) will start following AFL football from here on in because they found it enjoyable.

It was on for just a handful of hours in one night, then it's finished, so it's not like it's going to take over from the regular format of the game! AFLX is to real football what BBL is to real cricket - but that takes over that sport for about two months a year now.
I’d like this in state of origin format.

I think that would be a sensible move, if they are to retain AFLX. At least it would give some of the more serious fans a team they could identify with. It has to be pretty hard for the average supporter to feel an attachment to Bolts, Rampage or whoever else there is!

I should point out that I did not watch a minute of it last night. I'm certainly in the category of "serious football supporter" and it's not something that has any appeal to me. Despite that, I just think the way so many people have acted over this is really over the top! Of course it's not like real football, but neither is the E. J. Whitten game (I don't watch that either!), which gets plenty of exposure every year. They're just meant to be a bit of fun, not taken at all seriously!

I think that would be a sensible move, if they are to retain AFLX. At least it would give some of the more serious fans a team they could identify with. It has to be pretty hard for the average supporter to feel an attachment to Bolts, Rampage or whoever else there is!

I should point out that I did not watch a minute of it last night. I'm certainly in the category of "serious football supporter" and it's not something that has any appeal to me. Despite that, I just think the way so many people have acted over this is really over the top! Of course it's not like real football, but neither is the E. J. Whitten game (I don't watch that either!), which gets plenty of exposure every year. They're just meant to be a bit of fun, not taken at all seriously!
You raise good logical points.
Whilst “contrived” formats aren’t my thing, if it’s a bit of fun and gives players like Stephenson exposure to opposition elite players as team mates all ok I guess.

Seemed/Felt very Americanized

IF They have to have AFLX going either have State or Orgion to Create Interest or Gave Non-AFL Players in it so fans not be scared of there Team Stars getting Injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are you calling a flog? Me?:mad::D

Who are you calling a flog? Me?:mad::D
I’d never call you that Maggie ;)

I’m glad I’m on ignore, saves me from having my posts reported by you Dave you giant baby

Even SOO with a non-traditional twist would suffice. Alternative/more casual names (Vics/big v, sandgropers, croweaters...) could be used along with modern jumper designs using traditional state colours.

Back