Player Watch Welcome to Richmond Maverick Weller

Remove this Banner Ad

He was solid. No star, but did his job well. Cannot be unhappy we picked him up so far.

Will be interesting if he can still find a spot in the team once Caddy is fit and even if they want some more pace with Georgie

imo just does not give us enough either as a fwd or a mid.

With Edwards, Lambert, Higgins, Butler who should be dropped atm, Rioli and even Castagna when he gets fit i just dont see a spot or role for him.
Id prefer his spot goes to a genuine mid who may become more prolific than him ie a junior like Ross.

imo just does not give us enough either as a fwd or a mid.

With Edwards, Lambert, Higgins, Butler who should be dropped atm, Rioli and even Castagna when he gets fit i just dont see a spot or role for him.
Id prefer his spot goes to a genuine mid who may become more prolific than him ie a junior like Ross.

yes ross, stack etc. we have better options worth developing while caddy etc are out. weller is a clogger unfortunately

lets be fair dinkum with the depth on our list with some qty in smalls the bar has been raised , George would have had 15p or more very few times last year so lets not re write history. stack and baker are chomping at the bit to get into the side butler and weller currently occupy those spots, the standard has risen on what we used to expect from george and butler. Higgo has shown what a talented all rounder can do , theres others looming that could possibly deliver the same

Geez people are hard to please, thought he was good last night after HT, scratchy to start with but once the game settled he stood up.

Will play better as the season goes on, only thing will be if he holds his spot when Cads or Castagna come back.
Thing is he has a few more weeks before that’s an issue to make his mark on that spot

yes ross, stack etc. we have better options worth developing while caddy etc are out. weller is a clogger unfortunately

He’s back up no doubt but I understand why they didn’t play stack. Ross is a mid so no spot for him yet.

More concerned with Butler and Rioli who did SFA last night. They need to get their mojo back soon. Ball came inside 50 enough for them both to have better nights than they had

He’s back up no doubt but I understand why they didn’t play stack. Ross is a mid so no spot for him yet.

More concerned with Butler and Rioli who did SFA last night. They need to get their mojo back soon. Ball came inside 50 enough for them both to have better nights than they had
My first thoughts on Rioli was that he wasn't that good but watched a replay of Q1 and he was good. On Weller. I like him & we do have heaps of small fwds. And if Ross is playing well in the VFL. I wouldn't mind seeing him too. Lets see how the team goes over the next 3 weeks. Rance is an out, see what they do with Balta. Out of the fwd line? Leaving a spot for a small. George, or Baker? Or Rioli up fwd and Ross IN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hes only a stop gap. people had a go at butler only doing stuff in junk time but so did weller. give me townsend as a pure forward instead.

Towner did nothing at the VFL practice game. Pretty far down the pecking order.

Because we booted Miles and Ellis and needed a good hard body to replace them.
Miles and Ellis were not going to play a senior game this year.
Weller has a role to play.
He won't play every game, but he will offer something,

Playing on a wing, lining up on SideArse... whos getting leather poisoning... and his starting positions in 15m's away...

I don't even let U10's do that....

Biggest dud since Sziller. List clogger and a game thief. I can now see why the club website still had him in a Saints jumper for most of the Summer.
Xxxx him off ASAP.

I’m praying this is an over reaction and not a truth but it’s not looking great for Mav :(

He is on Ellis and co. Level. Should be plying his trade in VFL unless emergency situation requires his presence on field!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back