Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
As discussed in this week's round trades we discussed making a thread for the worst trade of the year to be known as the RnW award in (dis)honour of our fellow BF coach TheRednWhite.
This is an award that you do not want to win.
I'll start off with my ridiculous reactionary trade of Heeney to Kelly after round 2. Not only cost me a trade which will need to be reversed but has also cost me over 100 points.
Unless someone else makes the worst trade in RDT history the RednWhite's trade of Cripps to Rocky will be seen as this year's worst simply for the stupidity of it if nothing else. Hence his award will go to this year's second worse trade.
Currently the leaders are toxic, slippers and Agechamp with their madness trade of Gawn to Hoff although Agechamp is leading on a countback after then trading Hoff back out.
The RednWhite AGAIN is putting his hand up and running second with his wonderful trade of Taranto to Libba

Last edited:
Heeney to Kelly for me too. I'd easily be in the Top 100 now if I'd held my nerve.

I've only made one other trade, Oliver to Neale, which I'm more than happy with.

Gawn to Hoff after Rd1

The gift that keeps on giving

giphy.gif

Was bringing in Kelly under a cloud and good chance of the MDB tag worthy?

Taranto to Libba has potential to be up there...convinced that Taranto will now average around 110 but the real kicker will come when Libba gets injured. I'm just hoping he lasts until the byes and I'll call it a win, especially considering the cash the trade generated.

Btw, Gawn to Hoff is equally as bad a trade as Cripps to Rocky, if not worse. Hoff looking totally useless atm and Gawn kicking into gear now. I'm more confident of Rocky (with his ceiling) slowly closing the gap on Cripps. The Cripps to Rocky trade just had an absolutely nightmarish start but hopefully it evens out throughout the year. This week though it could be a continuation of the nightmare with Rocky tagged to a sub50 score and Cripps likely to go 140+ again. If that happens then it will be really hard to say that I salvaged anything at all from that trade and I will accept this "award"

Taranto to Libba has potential to be up there...convinced that Taranto will now average around 110 but the real kicker will come when Libba gets injured. I'm just hoping he lasts until the byes and I'll call it a win, especially considering the cash the trade generated.

Btw, Gawn to Hoff is equally as bad a trade as Cripps to Rocky, if not worse. Hoff looking totally useless atm and Gawn kicking into gear now. I'm more confident of Rocky (with his ceiling) slowly closing the gap on Cripps. The Cripps to Rocky trade just had an absolutely nightmarish start but hopefully it evens out throughout the year. This week though it could be a continuation of the nightmare with Rocky tagged to a sub50 score and Cripps likely to go 140+ again. If that happens then it will be really hard to say that I salvaged anything at all from that trade and I will accept this "award"

Yeah I tend to agree. Gawn to Hoff after one round is truly awful.

Or do you just want to state worst trades for the year then vote on it?

Toby Greene to Sam Gray 2016

Matt Crouch to Joel Selwood through the byes 2017

Starting Tom Bell to Aaron Young 2018

Just a few of my howlers over the years
Personally I feel it should stay for the year as the award is for the years worst trade. When we get to round 17or so, we should then start to take a poll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I feel it should stay for the year as the award is for the years worst trade. When we get to round 17or so, we should then start to take a poll.
If you can, edit your opening post for the thread every so often by listing the howlers so you don't have to do it all at once later

Then why is the award named after me! Are you forecasting that I will make another horrendous trade later in the year? Because if you are then you're absolutely on the money
No.
I consider that the second worst trade of the year wins the award which is named in your honour as I think no trade will be made which is actually worse than Cripps to rocky.

Not really a contender but Merrett to Brayshaw after Round 2 hasn't been great for me. Merrett's outscored Brayshaw by 54 points in the three rounds since, I paid $26k for the privilege, and burnt a trade in the process. Brayshaw will surely be a keeper and I'd have brought him in at some stage regardless, but those 54 points would be really useful for ranking!

Not really a contender but Merrett to Brayshaw after Round 2 hasn't been great for me. Merrett's outscored Brayshaw by 54 points in the three rounds since, I paid $26k for the privilege, and burnt a trade in the process. Brayshaw will surely be a keeper and I'd have brought him in at some stage regardless, but those 54 points would be really useful for ranking!
Heeney for Newnes going great guns here, lol

Newnes has been solid enough and has very similar scoring stats to Witherden but Heeney has tonned up every game since...

Ha! Rocky beat Crippa by 1 point this week! How good! Slowly making up the difference. Points lost since that trade is now 108...let's see if Rocky can half the difference before the byes. Also, I'm not considering the huge cash savings and the upgrades I made with the cash.
When I saw Cripps score part way through the second quarter I immediately thought of this trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back