Round 14 Trades: how can we win the weekly this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might go early on setters and grab billings to finish my fwd line.

And then Naish and maybe Clarke.

Gaff and Kelly, houli in the 3 weeks to follow.

Anyone holding off getting Gawn and riding the ROB gravy train til after the byes?

Also, can any Melbourne supportes comment on Brayshaw? Has he finally
Pulled his finger out?

I'm holding rob for at least 2 more playing weeks. I'm in an ok sir in my cash league to be able to have some losses if he doesnt perform. Plus don't want to waste the possible 100k he makes

Anyone holding off getting Gawn and riding the ROB gravy train til after the byes?

Also, can any Melbourne supportes comment on Brayshaw? Has he finally
Pulled his finger out?

With Brayshaw comes down to where they play him, Last few weeks been playing lot more inside and starting in middle which when does scores well, If he plays more on outside and on the wing struggles to go near it. So if you go by last few weeks seems to be back playing more on inside so think might be worth it.

Looking like just gibbons to macrae.

I’ll be fielding 20 including some spuds like Gardner, hind, answerth and rookies like hore and Baker so will still have to cop a few 50s in my best 18.

Will keep trades for round 15 and 16 to get in kelly and gaff.

Trades from round 18-23 will be crucial as teams like cats, pies and gws who will be locked into top 4 will rest players, especially the cats.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could be aggressive this week and go:
Balta to Gardner
Larkey to Macrae
Walsh to Gaff

11 trades remaining

Good news is it leaves me with 22 playing before team selection carnage (would love to be able to drop scores from Answerth, Gardner, Hind, Bewley). The bad news is that it only leaves me 58k remaining so I miss my chance to grab Taranto/Jelly for a while. Wish I had enough to grab Logue instead of Gardner, Logue will actually make some cash, but just fall short.
I think going Gardner is just a waste of a trade. Another week like last week and he gets dropped. In fact he may get dropped this week anyway.

I think going Gardner is just a waste of a trade. Another week like last week and he gets dropped. In fact he may get dropped this week anyway.
He's a decoy forward

I think he'll get 4-5 games or until Schache is deemed ready

To go you pups
I realise this is not the correct place to be showing this but I know that you do super coach pretty seriously so I thought I'd show you this.
I'm not a SC fan but this year entered a team with the sole purpose of trying to win the round 14 weekly as many do.
This is my side atm. I still have two trades left with $147K in bank. Will upgrade McGovern and Howe if both Yeo and Rocky play. If they don't they will be traded accordingly.

SC June.png

Grundy will be the obvious captain's choice so I'm hoping my vc (probably Fyfe) doesn't score 130 or so as I think Grundy could go huge against English.
Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah he is just a placeholder at the moment, will substitute for some other spud rookie if Gardner not named.
Like I said in the discussion thread last week, if Gardner is somehow named again this week then I'll know he has great JS because he was a spud last week

yeah he is just a placeholder at the moment, will substitute for some other spud rookie if Gardner not named.
Like I said in the discussion thread last week, if Gardner is somehow named again this week then I'll know he has great JS because he was a spud last week
Even if he has reasonable js what's the point in wasting a trade for someone who's going to score between 20-30?

He's a defender playing as a fwd.
With trengrove possibly being injured he may go down back.

To go you pups
I realise this is not the correct place to be showing this but I know that you do super coach pretty seriously so I thought I'd show you this.
I'm not a SC fan but this year entered a team with the sole purpose of trying to win the round 14 weekly as many do.
This is my side atm. I still have two trades left with $147K in bank. Will upgrade McGovern and Howe if both Yeo and Rocky play. If they don't they will be traded accordingly.

View attachment 694134

Grundy will be the obvious captain's choice so I'm hoping my vc (probably Fyfe) doesn't score 130 or so as I think Grundy could go huge against English.
Will be interesting to see how it goes.
Lol, nice mate

I guess yeah it's all or nothing this week for you

Only problem is you have just the 18 best scorers, if a number of popular premiums go well then you'll need those pods of yours to really step up as 4 scores will be whittled off. A lot of serious SCers will have their strongest side of the bye rounds out there this week unfortunately so you'll have plenty of competition

This is me this week, a potential full 22, just the 5 or 6 rookies onfield depending on trades

IMG_20190617_194324.png IMG_20190617_194310.png IMG_20190617_194251.png

This week I'm weighing up Logue + 232k vs Westhoff + 23k (Westhoff is purely a coverage pick while I've still got cows and trades left, he will also get an extra rookie off field too and structurally it helps me cover your Rockliff types). Macrae and Clarke will come in for Walsh and Libba who are done.

But yeah

If you're lucky with injury then R15-16-17 could be good chances for the weekly also for you considering you've been ultra aggressive and have completed your side before most, most people will still be fielding 1-2 rookies in R15, after that though you'll need a lot of luck with injury as you have bugger all coverage

He's a defender playing as a fwd.
With trengrove possibly being injured he may go down back.
Yeah seen Trengove limped off with like 3-4 minutes left on Saturday night, dunno what happened to him though

If Gardner is used down back then yeah I agree with the great JS sentiment as I'd imagine Roberts or Lewis Young should be ahead of him in the defender pecking order. I feel Gardner's competition is Schache and at a pinch Gowers if we play small. Can't see all of Schache, Naughton and Gardner playing forward together but Naughton, Gardner and Gowers could all play together though.

Whos this Griffin Logue character scoring 100 last week ? Anyone know much about him ?

Lol, nice mate

I guess yeah it's all or nothing this week for you

Only problem is you have just the 18 best scorers, if a number of popular premiums go well then you'll need those pods of yours to really step up as 4 scores will be whittled off. A lot of serious SCers will have their strongest side of the bye rounds out there this week unfortunately so you'll have plenty of competition

This is me this week, a potential full 22, just the 5 or 6 rookies onfield depending on trades

View attachment 694220View attachment 694219View attachment 694218

This week I'm weighing up Logue + 232k vs Westhoff + 23k (Westhoff is purely a coverage pick while I've still got cows and trades left, he will also get an extra rookie off field too and structurally it helps me cover your Rockliff types). Macrae and Clarke will come in for Walsh and Libba who are done.

But yeah

If you're lucky with injury then R15-16-17 could be good chances for the weekly also for you considering you've been ultra aggressive and have completed your side before most, most people will still be fielding 1-2 rookies in R15, after that though you'll need a lot of luck with injury as you have bugger all coverage
The only reason that they are pods is because the highest scoring players in most categories are not playing this week. I've certainly got the best who are playing this week.
Agree with your comment re the remainder of year. It is pretty much all or nothing this week or maybe the next 2. After that I'll fall away.

Even if he has reasonable js what's the point in wasting a trade for someone who's going to score between 20-30?
Just can't find another cheap rookie for the downgrade. Need the cash to bring in Crae and Gaff this week. I might have 22 playing this week so won't have to worry about Gardner's score and then after the bye he is just going to sit at D8. Will actually be more useful if he doesn't play so I can use him for weekly loops

Looking like just gibbons to macrae.

I’ll be fielding 20 including some spuds like Gardner, hind, answerth and rookies like hore and Baker so will still have to cop a few 50s in my best 18.

Will keep trades for round 15 and 16 to get in kelly and gaff.

Trades from round 18-23 will be crucial as teams like cats, pies and gws who will be locked into top 4 will rest players, especially the cats.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
how many trades will you have by the end of this week? If I make 3 trades this week I will have 11 left. Is this enough for the rest of the season? Really want to get in 2 mid premos this week but I might have to reconsider

how many trades will you have by the end of this week? If I make 3 trades this week I will have 11 left. Is this enough for the rest of the season? Really want to get in 2 mid premos this week but I might have to reconsider
Post your side

14 trades right now and only a handful of upgrades left is a pretty comfortable position I'd have thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back