Round 14 Trades: how can we win the weekly this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's enough trades left to be sideways trading premos. Just keep Rocky this week, this is a better week to hold an injured premo compared to next week when all 22 players count. It sucks but should be better in the long term...I'm in the same position with Rocky

Good point. Thanks mate!

Rank.

Ziebel
Marshall
Billings
Daniel
Worpel

To finish my fwd line.

Leaning Daniel as his scoring looks more steady.

The others have large fluctuations.

Last edited:

Rank.

Ziebel
Marshall
Billings
Daniel
Worpel

To finish my fwd line.

Daniel and billings are infuriating...both can score 60s. Whilst they have scored 100s, the 60s they throw up are costly.

Worpel is the safest to score 90-100 each week especially with omera being heavily. tagged

with Higgins out ziebell could be a good POD. He should score 90+ every week.

Marshall is too risky imo.

I would currently rank them:

1. Worpel
2. Ziebell
3. Daniel
4. Billings
5. Marshall

Rank.

Ziebel
Marshall
Billings
Daniel
Worpel

To finish my fwd line.

In terms of ceiling:
Ziebell
Billings (I know he got the highest score but Ziebell has more of a chance to go 140+ again)
Marshall
Worpel
Daniel

In terms of reliability:
Daniel
Marshall
Ziebell
Billings
Worpel

I would go Ziebell personally. Last week he should have easily tonned but gave up stupid free kicks. He was moved forward when he couldn't get a touch but importantly, they got him back in the mids again after a short spell

In terms of ceiling:
Ziebell
Billings (I know he got the highest score but Ziebell has more of a chance to go 140+ again)
Marshall
Worpel
Daniel

In terms of reliability:
Daniel
Marshall
Ziebell
Billings
Worpel

I would go Ziebell personally. Last week he should have easily tonned but gave up stupid free kicks. He was moved forward when he couldn't get a touch but importantly, they got him back in the mids again after a short spell

I'd go the following:
1. Ziebell
2. Marshall
3. Daniel
4. Billings
5. Worpel

- Ziebell has the best pedigree, and the best role (assuming he stays mid, which seems to be the case.
- Marshall only has one bad ruck matchup for the rest of the year (Gawn, round 19) and just gave Witts a bath so that might not matter anyway.
- Good consistency and role, though the Dog's overpossession of the ball has been called into question and they may look to play more efficiently. Also role ball-sharing competition from JJ and Suckling
- Weekend obviously proved a massive ceiling, though still question marks on him. Form line appears to be good
- Wouldn't be bringing him in, though has obviously been amazing as a starter. Wouldn't be surprised to see him tail off a little as the year wears on. Easy to forget it's only his second season

I have a question. Would you bring in a throwaway player (in my case a $130,000 def), if it enabled you to turn Setterfield and Gibbons into Dunkley and Macrae? Next week would trade Answorth to Logue, meaning Logue or Naish on field for a while.

Or is it too early for that type of move? Can bring Logue in this week, and go Billings and Macrae. Just seems about now or never (actually a few weeks to late) for Dunkley.

Onfield looks nice with Dunkley and Macrae must say.

I have a question. Would you bring in a throwaway player (in my case a $130,000 def), if it enabled you to turn Setterfield and Gibbons into Dunkley and Macrae? Next week would trade Answorth to Logue, meaning Logue or Naish on field for a while.

Or is it too early for that type of move? Can bring Logue in this week, and go Billings and Macrae. Just seems about now or never (actually a few weeks to late) for Dunkley.

Onfield looks nice with Dunkley and Macrae must say.
I'm actually considering a throwaway rookie as well, but they need to have dpp for me to consider doing it.

I'm actually considering a throwaway rookie as well, but they need to have dpp for me to consider doing it.

Yeah, I was looking at a Def/Fwd. Have Gardner already up forward, so someone who could swap with him, on the off chance Gardner gets more games and I'm desperate for 15 points.

Yeah, I was looking at a Def/Fwd. Have Gardner already up forward, so someone who could swap with him, on the off chance Gardner gets more games and I'm desperate for 15 points.
I kept Burgess for this with Gardner

I might grab a throwaway 130k MID/FWD eventually, but probably someone like Owies or Hayden who might get a game eventually

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Setterfield -> Dangerfield
B Smith -> Clarke
Rozee -> Blakely

Leaves me with $492K in the bank, and my only on-field rookies (post-byes) or Duursma and Baker. 7 trades left

Taking a bit of a punt on Blakely, but his last 3 games have been against 3 of the hardest teams to score against, and Freo's draw from here to the end of the year is just so nice. Sicily the only other potion I'm considering, and his draw is far less appealing

Thought on trade or hold.

Bsmith
Zwilliams
Walsh
If hold for how long?

Thought on trade or hold.

Bsmith
Zwilliams
Walsh
If hold for how long?

Depends what the rest of your team looks like, but my upgrade order would be:

Hore (1st), Smith, Williams, Walsh

Hore looks like he plateaus at a 75ish average, Smith is still losing cash this week. Williams and Walsh both have BEs in the 40s, but I think Walsh is the more consistent scorer of the two.

I'd say Hore and Smith should be upgraded ASAP (maybe Smith this week as he's not playing), whereas Williams and Walsh have a couple of games of cash making to come

I disagree with Pea Nut about Smith / Williams. They're the 26th and 27th ranked def (by average) over the season, and unless you're keeping them as bench cover, you can do better

Do you have Walters?

I’m considering Walters this week...has a great 6 weeks to come as well

146e499675b18f32ef01271df475983b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back