Round 14 Trades: how can we win the weekly this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without knowing my whole team, would you consider Westhoff and Brodie Smith out for Dunkley and Duncan good moves? I'd be bringing in Logue for Smith.

If you consider it as two mid-pricers for two premiums it probably is, but Smith in particular is scoring well enough to hold.

Barring unforeseen circumstances, would then go Clarke (Gee) to rookie Garner (if he holds his spot), giving me enough to do Setterfield to T Kelly next week.

Then 9 trades to get in two defenders (still have Whitfield).

Without sacrificing Smith, can't get in the real big guns. Westhoff I no longer care about.

edit: forgot I'd written that previous post this morning. Seriously, don't even remember writing it, that's how bad I'm going. Anyway, figured a plan to get them both in.

Without knowing my whole team, would you consider Westhoff and Brodie Smith out for Dunkley and Duncan good moves? I'd be bringing in Logue for Smith.

If you consider it as two mid-pricers for two premiums it probably is, but Smith in particular is scoring well enough to hold.

Barring unforeseen circumstances, would then go Clarke (Gee) to rookie Garner (if he holds his spot), giving me enough to do Setterfield to T Kelly next week.

Then 9 trades to get in two defenders (still have Whitfield).

Without sacrificing Smith, can't get in the real big guns. Westhoff I no longer care about.

edit: forgot I'd written that previous post this morning. Seriously, don't even remember writing it, that's how bad I'm going. Anyway, figured a plan to get them both in.
I'm holding Westhoff for now

Hopefully he returns shortly, might need him to cover Grawndy one of these weeks

I really hope both Matt Parker and Duursma don't score well this week, if 1 of them spuds up then I can trade next week, if both go big then I miss out on Logue, Macrae, Naish etc

Running out of players to trade out next week

Walsh has another good rise in him, so can't trade there for 2 more weeks

Setterfield has 2-3 more weeks in him

Might have to trade Newnes next week at rock botton price who has completely shat the bed, was planning on holding him for cover once I sorted out the rest of my midfield/defence, but Westhoff is probably that player now.

Urgh, might have to go early on Walsh?

I really hope both Matt Parker and Duursma don't score well this week, if 1 of them spuds up then I can trade next week, if both go big then I miss out on Logue, Macrae, Naish etc

Might have to trade Newnes next week at rock botton price who has completely shat the bed, was planning on holding him for cover once I sorted out the rest of my midfield/defence, but Westhoff is probably that player now.

go you pups
I'm in the same position.

Walsh
Duurs
Setters
Actually

I say **** this now when thinking about it

Newnes and Walsh are gone

Macrae and Logue in, improves me to 21 playing this week

230k leftover, 8 trades left, 1 defender, 1 mid, 1 forward to complete my side considering how bad my side is, might do what I'm likely doing in Supercoach and just roll with a Logue/Naish D6-7 set up. Forwards are seriously the worst position in this game, if they don't have the role then they're simply DT irrelevant, they have simply ruined my season the last two years, spuds like Petracca, Billings, Heeney, Dunkley, Newnes, Westhoff etc. Might take all the rookies/midpricers up forward next year for cash generation and go set and forget down back. Only take the safest options forward.

I want Macrae with Libba out injured for 4-6, I didn't take Treloar when I could have when Adams was out, so I think that's the move to make now.

If I wait on Walsh to moo then Macrae could be 700k+ by then, so it might be cheaper now than what it could become.

Trade Walsh Agechamp out of them 3, he will be 600k after his next game, but that might be his peak for the season as that 140 will fall out, he's made enough, get the points now if you can.

Setterfield likely could make another 50-100k, I'd probably hold him the longest as there's no forward rookies currently, they're all defenders or midfielders

Duursma is a week by week proposition, he will be traded once his BE gets high enough, it won't be hard to upgrade him at least

Actually

230k leftover, 8 trades left, 1 defender, 1 mid, 1 forward to complete my side considering how bad my side is, might do what I'm likely doing in Supercoach and just roll with a Logue/Naish D6-7 set up. Forwards are seriously the worst position in this game, if they don't have the role then they're simply DT irrelevant, they have simply ruined my season the last two years, spuds like Petracca, Billings, Heeney, Dunkley, Newnes, Westhoff etc. Might take all the rookies/midpricers up forward next year for cash generation and go set and forget down back. Only take the safest options forward.

I want Macrae with Libba out injured for 4-6, I didn't take Treloar when I could have when Adams was out, so I think that's the move to make now.

If I wait on Walsh to moo then Macrae could be 700k+ by then, so it might be cheaper now than what it could become.

Trade Walsh Agechamp out of them 3, he will be 600k after his next game, but that might be his peak for the season as that 140 will fall out, he's made enough, get the points now if you can.

Setterfield likely could make another 50-100k, I'd probably hold him the longest as there's no forward rookies currently, they're all defenders or midfielders

Duursma is a week by week proposition, he will be traded once his BE gets high enough, it won't be hard to upgrade him at least

My only upgrade I "want" to make is gaff (played and will have a 140+ be) jelly (next week) or Mitch Duncan.

Could go Walsh to Duncan.

And my def is
Whit
Laird
Lloyd
Smith
Williams
Duurs

Setters is my forward f6 but he will be moved on once I work out the last one s same with you I'm not too sure yet on

Billings
Ziebel
Etc.

Actually

Yep this was my thoughts on Walsh as well...wanted to bring in an uber premo mid this week so Walsh had to go, even though he still has cash to make. Unfortunately, I chose Gaff last night so not the ideal return first week up.
I also want Macrae IN this week but can't get Logue as well... need more cash from Balta downgrade to turn Larkey into Crae so going to have to go early on Joel Garner.

Mate the season will be over before you get anything done. Time to work out if you're playing for ranking or league. If it's ranking, the longer you wait, the more points you lose.

Edit in, i read your following post after I posted this. I enjoyed your "* it" comment and what followed. That's how I'm playing it in 2019. You snooze, you lose. It's a rolling lockout so savvy coaches are getting 50 points a week on the knuckleheads so you've gotta be aggressive. You use trades to make ground or you use them sparingly if you're trying to win a league. TBH, who gives a toss about a league anyway. No question mark because I'll take the leage win if it happens, but it's not what I'm after.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of maybe just ditching Rocky now...if I complete 2 more trades this week then I have 11 remaining. I guess this is enough to get a bit creative with luxury moves. Rocky just killed my whole bye performance, effectively playing one premo down while the top premos all went huge. If I trade him this week I can get Macrae, and Logue instead of Garner. Anyone else with Rocky thinking the same? He's been out for so long that he might take some time before posting some good scores. Can't afford to wait for him to come good while Jelly/Taranto go huge every week.

I've got Rocky also.

Thinking of pulling the trigger on Rocky to Duncan.

Don't know who else I could get who's as good or better.

Screenshot_20190621-164237_Dream Team.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well Gaff trade IN was a bust.
Makes me hesitant on following through with my other trade IN of Duncan. 2 seagulls in the midfield can be either bliss or hell, there is no in between. Might be safer to just bank the cash and get in one of Taranto/Jelly next week.
Just don't trade in Taranto. The RnW curse of new recruits is just too much for the rest of us to take.

Considering when Logue last played (13 games in 2017) with an average of 42, I don't quite see why everyone is jumping on him after one game.
Yep, completely agree. I think it's more likely that is a "one out of the box game" for him, and won't be his standard at all. I would have been more convinced if he was taking a lot of intercept marks and intercept possessions, or if he was being used as the go to out of defence, but he was neither of those.

Can't bring myself to trade out Rocky averaging 107 even with that injury game.

And my only targets in my mids are gaff and jelly and ones played and one doesn't play.

And the fwd options of Walters, billings or ziebel haven't convinced me just yet.

If it was next week I would have done Walsh to jelly in a heart beat

Getting Duncan in would mean I'd have to cut one of gaff or jelly or sideways the worst of Rocky, Bray

Just don't trade in Taranto. The RnW curse of new recruits is just too much for the rest of us to take.
Finally someone who understands.
Gaff breaks his streak of 15 tons in a row at home, the week I break the bank to get him.
Gaff himself probably has no idea what happened last night, why was he suddenly running to the wrong positions and why was nobody kicking it to him anymore? Poor bastard had no idea that I traded him in...

Mate the season will be over before you get anything done. Time to work out if you're playing for ranking or league. If it's ranking, the longer you wait, the more points you lose.

Edit in, i read your following post after I posted this. I enjoyed your "**** it" comment and what followed. That's how I'm playing it in 2019. You snooze, you lose. It's a rolling lockout so savvy coaches are getting 50 points a week on the knuckleheads so you've gotta be aggressive. You use trades to make ground or you use them sparingly if you're trying to win a league. TBH, who gives a toss about a league anyway. No question mark because I'll take the leage win if it happens, but it's not what I'm after.
To be honest I normally make these moves over the years to finish my side early, but then I run out of trades

Trying desperately to find some balance, but yeah, think I'll just have to pick safe forwards for the next few years I play fantasy football, far too many wasted trades on underperformers in that position, going to get all the rookies and fallen midpricers in that position

Considering when Logue last played (13 games in 2017) with an average of 42, I don't quite see why everyone is jumping on him after one game.
Better option than Garner imo and potentially better JS than Naish

Will probably grab Naish next week too though

I'm thinking of maybe just ditching Rocky now...if I complete 2 more trades this week then I have 11 remaining. I guess this is enough to get a bit creative with luxury moves. Rocky just killed my whole bye performance, effectively playing one premo down while the top premos all went huge. If I trade him this week I can get Macrae, and Logue instead of Garner. Anyone else with Rocky thinking the same? He's been out for so long that he might take some time before posting some good scores. Can't afford to wait for him to come good while Jelly/Taranto go huge every week.
Grab Bont or Oliver or Fyfe or Treloar or Neale or Zorko or some other premo I don't have

Stay away from Macrae pls...

Grab Bont or Oliver or Fyfe or Treloar or Neale or Zorko or some other premo I don't have

Stay away from Macrae pls...
I'm on a tight budget, Macrae is the best value pick I can reach. Sorry...
I did get Macrae in AF last week and he rewarded me with a great score first up, so maybe Crae is safe from my curse.

I'm on a tight budget, Macrae is the best value pick I can reach. Sorry...
I did get Macrae in AF last week and he rewarded me with a great score first up, so maybe Crae is safe from my curse.
I got Gaff 2 weeks ago

2 90s, just like 1 tackle those 2 weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back