Victorian Covid Outbreak 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Two words - Private polling

"But in recent weeks Labor insiders have begun talking increasingly openly about the problems they are detecting in the party’s outer suburban and peri-urban electorates.

Instead of picking up seats, the talk now is that Labor might be in trouble in the two seats it won at the last election in Victoria – Dunkley on the eastern side of Port Philip Bay and Corangamite to its west.

If you talk to Labor insiders they all give the same reason: anger and frustration that has built up over the state’s long Covid lockdown."

That is or isn’t an acceptable rationale?

That is or isn’t an acceptable rationale?
Acceptable, but all I say to Dan is don't gaslight us with alternative fake benevolent reasons. I would be confident in saying that if private polling was favourable and if the masses weren't complaining about the differences between NSW and VIC easing of restrictions, then Dan wouldn't have budged on the roadmap content. Not to say the date would not have been brought forward.

I just think there's a few questions relating to the short term that take precedent.

The short term is already happening. My town has avoided it since it started and now we are having our first outbreak. Country NSW. State is reopened. Most businesses in town are short staffed today because of the amount of exposure sites from the past week. This is now. When do we coexist with Covid entirely? Lockdowns are over, but home isolation awaiting test results and close contacts quarantining for 14 days is reality. Is that forever? I haven't seen that answered anywhere.

PS. Live in the NSW/VIC border, so Victorias rules are of huge importance to us, hence why I'm posting in here.

Acceptable, but all I say to Dan is don't gaslight us with alternative fake benevolent reasons. I would be confident in saying that if private polling was favourable and if the masses weren't complaining about the differences between NSW and VIC easing of restrictions, then Dan wouldn't have budged on the roadmap content. Not to say the date would not have been brought forward.
That pressure to ease restrictions is always there. Regardless of what situation you are in. If people are happy, you can make them even happier by easing more restrictions. If people are unhappy, you can make them less unhappy by easing more restrictions. For every single factor outside of public health, you can only make things better by easing restrictions. The goal of this roadmap is clearly to allow us to be as free as possible without overloading the healthcare system. Health is the limiting factor - and with revised modelling (because that is what you do when you get new evidence), the definition of 'as free as possible' changes.

I watched a tik tok of that covid case predictor guy in nsw...the one that got covid in the end. he was at randwick and he was asking people what they have to say to Dan Andrews for not allowing things like 10k at the races.....

is he that special in the head that he doesn't understand why? I mean, we are literally going to have the same number, at the same event, when we hit the same vaccination number.
i think he proved himself to be that special months ago

In what universe is this messaging not about case numbers?

“where we are here today, has the most number of cases today of new cases.”

“There are 1863 active cases right now in the Casey LGA area.”

“ we can try to slow down the greater numbers that we are seeing.”

“We are seeing a strong testing response, both here in the south-east and across the state as a whole, with 79,000 tests done across the state.”
whats actually wrong with you? thats literally just talking about how many cases there are. nothing to do with whether they're relevant to the overall plan to end lockdown.

are you insane, or just a troll?

Never before has one been unable to grasp a point so basic.

I’m wasting my time here, but what the hell, let’s go one more time really slowly.

Fact 1: Case numbers are irrelevant. This is a fact everybody here acknowledges.

Fact 2: The Vic government, and by extension the media, are still putting a huge emphasis on case numbers.

It is up to you whether you wish to acknowledge fact 2, but it doesn’t make it any less of a fact.

Never before has one been unable to grasp a point so basic.

I’m wasting my time here, but what the hell, let’s go one more time really slowly.

Fact 1: Case numbers are irrelevant. This is a fact everybody here acknowledges.

Fact 2: The Vic government, and by extension the media, are still putting a huge emphasis on case numbers.

It is up to you whether you wish to acknowledge fact 2, but it doesn’t make it any less of a fact.

I feel like Gruffles covered this already

case numbers aren't as important as vax numbers are. Does that mean the government has to stop reporting case numbers? Nope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like Gruffles covered this already

A number of you did, I’ll paraphrase it:

Case numbers are irrelevant. It’s fine to talk about them every day and highlight that we need to bring them down. Because they’re irrelevant. We know the media starts each day’s reporting highlighting irrelevant case numbers. This is fine because they’re irrelevant. We should also encourage healthy, asymptomatic people to go and get tested, to create more of the case numbers that we know are irrelevant and that we need to bring down, so that the government and the media can continue to begin their daily briefings with this irrelevant figure.

What’s the problem? Why are you confused?

A number of you did, I’ll paraphrase it.

Case numbers are irrelevant. It’s fine to talk about them every day and highlight that we need to bring them down. Because they’re irrelevant. We know the media starts each day’s reporting highlighting irrelevant case numbers. This is fine because they’re irrelevant. We should also encourage healthy, asymptomatic people to go and get tested, to create more of the case numbers that we know are irrelevant, so that the government and the media can continue to begin their daily briefings with this irrelevant figure.

Oh so you're just complaining and pretending to ask a question.

A number of you did, I’ll paraphrase it:

Case numbers are irrelevant. It’s fine to talk about them every day and highlight that we need to bring them down. Because they’re irrelevant. We know the media starts each day’s reporting highlighting irrelevant case numbers. This is fine because they’re irrelevant. We should also encourage healthy, asymptomatic people to go and get tested, to create more of the case numbers that we know are irrelevant and that we need to bring down, so that the government and the media can continue to begin their daily briefings with this irrelevant figure.

Some people are still interested in the case numbers so the media continues to report it. It's the same reason why they have these stupid articles about what some random posted on social media... because people click on the article and it makes them money.

Now, you might not want to hear about case numbers or the story about the social media random. You can choose not to read/listen to the information if you want. I guess you can also choose to be outraged over it all, but don't expect everyone else to share that outrage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back