No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just always amusing to me.

Football supporters thinking that free kicks are some sort of charity to be distributed evenly.

Apparently umpires should be out there thinking along the lines of this,

”That was a clear high tackle against Buddy Franklin. Sydney have made a few errant tackles today, we’ve had to pay a few against them for it. But Sydney have only received 5 free kicks so far and the opposition have 13 free kicks, so I’ll let this one against Franklin go and hopefully Sydney can earn a few later this quarter so it evens up a bit.

Even if say they make another 5 blatantly high tackles, that will make the free kick count 18-5 against them, and that’s way too much, so we won’t pay them.”

Completely laughable.

I watched the game today. Essendon got more free kicks and the umpiring was completely fine. Collingwood weren’t robbed, there was no conspiracy, the umpires weren‘t secretly barracking for Essendon to win, just over the course of the game, they won more free kicks.

The sooner people shit up about the amount of free kicks paid and realise that in any game, one side can infringe more than the other, the better.
Even that’s not enough for some deranged supporters. We get frees that other teams don’t get. Umpires pay frees that are not there and ignore others. The frees we get whether we win the count or not, or win the game or not, are not deserved but some sort of payoff. We are CHEATS! :rolleyes:

Man it must be a sweet gig being a journeyman ruck where you can average 5 games a year in an age where most clubs are clearly reticent to carry too many of the lummoxes. Unless they come very cheap.

Good luck to him for lasting as long as he has in the game. However, I'll never forget the glorious thunk that could be heard 20 rows back as the ball bounced out of Toms concrete hands as he made a wane attempt at a contested mark.

Our ruck stocks man be pitifully shallow, but they aren't shallow enough for me to pine for Toms return.

Watched 15 mins of Richmond annihilating West Coast. How the mighty have fallen. Shae Bolton running around doing what he likes - very talented, creative player but not an opponent within cooee.
I can also see why the cheque book will have plenty of zeros for English.

Watched 15 mins of Richmond annihilating West Coast. How the mighty have fallen. Shae Bolton running around doing what he likes - very talented, creative player but not an opponent within cooee.
I can also see why the cheque book will have plenty of zeros for English.
English is favoured to stay at the dogs..

Who in their right mind would go to wet toast regardless of dollars

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, a recording of this game is the best retention tool the dogs will have for English. WC in for 4-5 years of pain, right in English’s prime.

I turned off the game last night and read a book when Maurice Rioli jr kicked his 3rd from the goal square.

He was literally standing there surrounded by 3 Eagles the ball landed at his feet and whilst his opponents stood around scratching their arses. He laughed picked up the ball and slotted it through for the easiest of goals.

When we re-signed a 34 year old at the end of last season. We did it because he was cheap insurance, not because he was our focal point up forward. It speaks volumes to how good a player Kennedy is that he can still produce consistently good performances at 34, but to have him as their one avenue at goals shows how quickly they are hurtling towards an enormous cliff.

Other than to use them as a means of driving up his price with us. English would have to have rocks in his head to even entertain the thought of having anything to do with the Eagles. For the first time in the history of the corporation that they are at heart, they're about to feel the sting of what its like to spend an extended period as second banana in a town that they have dominated since their inception.

I hope Freo fans constantly and loudly remind them of this fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back