No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So according to Luke Darcy, we should "admire" Port. Let me get this straight. Out in straight sets, losing in front of their home crowd. yeah right Darce
Darce seems to have a strange view of what success looks like judging by what’s going on at our own club.

Exactly. Wtf is happening in here?!

GWS should be buried. Than the grave concreted over. Then something unbelievably heavy and immovable built on top of it.

If Ward wins a flag so does Toby ******* Greene. Seriously?!

I don’t like Collingwood, Carlton or Brisbane but I’ll cheer then on until I’m hoarse if they’re playing GWS.
The GWS Dogs rivalry is pretty manufactured by now tbh. Both lists have had a fair bit of turnover since those malicious games. There's not a lot of care about it from me any more. Toby Greene is a campaigner but they have about 300 fans.

I find GWS winning a flag far more preferable to Collingwood or Carlton winning one.

I'd say Brisbane beating GWS in a granny and the AFL suffering their worst grand final ratings performance in a decade is probably the ideal outcome for mine.

Brisbane and GWS are both playing the most visually appealing footy in the finals by quite some margin.

The GWS Dogs rivalry is pretty manufactured by now tbh. Both lists have had a fair bit of turnover since those malicious games. There's not a lot of care about it from me any more. Toby Greene is a campaigner but they have about 300 fans.

I find GWS winning a flag far more preferable to Collingwood or Carlton winning one.

I'd say Brisbane beating GWS in a granny and the AFL suffering their worst grand final ratings performance in a decade is probably the ideal outcome for mine.

Brisbane and GWS are both playing the most visually appealing footy in the finals by quite some margin.

It’s not manufactured for me. I’d rather anyone won the flag than them.

They are playing good footy but they only made finals because we shat the bed. Then they got the worst team in the finals in the saints, and then the opportunity tonight against a beaten up and pretty pathetic Port team.

They deserve to be there because they’ve beaten who’s been put in front of them. But I hope they lose next week, and lose big. And if they win, then I hope the GF is a 2019 repeat.

It’s not manufactured for me. I’d rather anyone won the flag than them.

They are playing good footy but they only made finals because we shat the bed. Then they got the worst team in the finals in the saints, and then the opportunity tonight against a beaten up and pretty pathetic Port team.

They deserve to be there because they’ve beaten who’s been put in front of them. But I hope they lose next week, and lose big. And if they win, then I hope the GF is a 2019 repeat.
For such a small fan base they sure have some s**t fans as well.

Think they’re still not over us demolishing their best chance at a premiership in 2016. I know they made the final in 2019 but they had no chance against that tigers team.

Hard to barrack for a club that got some of our players, got handed soo many privileges from the AFL and have Toby Greene as their captain.

I don’t care how irrelevant a Giants premiership would be in the wider AFL cycle, I don’t want to see it ever.

It’s also weird seeing the rest of the AFL go for the Giants like they are the youngest cousin.

Last edited:
Blows my mind how Ollie Wines got 30+ brownlow votes to beat Bont. He is such a limited footballer.

High half forwards are turning into the most important role in footy. Bedford and Daniel playing the role to perfection for GWS. Hill for the Pies. Cottrell Blues.

We have absolutely noone to play that same role. We just play Smith and Macrae there and use them as extra midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely can’t think of a player who should captain Port next year. Houston? Drew?

Rozee and Butters will be 24 next year. On the younger side but not outrageous for either of those guys to get it. Houston is probably the one in that age bracket you'd expect to be choosing from. Its hard to tell from the outside who would be good options.

Wines has obviously done it for the second half of the year since Jonas has been out of the side. I think it'd be a really bad call if thats what they decide. Completely right though, looking over their list none stand out as obvious.

Blows my mind how Ollie Wines got 30+ brownlow votes to beat Bont. He is such a limited footballer.

High half forwards are turning into the most important role in footy. Bedford and Daniel playing the role to perfection for GWS. Hill for the Pies. Cottrell Blues.

We have absolutely noone to play that same role. We just play Smith and Macrae there and use them as extra midfielders.

Its one of the quirks of the Brownlow with the 3-2-1 system with Wines. He had a good season in 2021 but it was nowhere near Bont's level. They won a lot of games and he was getting 30+, 35+ a game and its hard not to poll well with that happening. Boak was also getting 30 a game and getting votes but that was about it. The rest of the team were getting 20 touches or less essentially.

It’s not so much that he deserted us for mine.

Giants literally offered him a truckload of cash, and that idiot James Fantasia neglected to re-sign him when we could have and when he knew GWS were coming in armed with cash.

But Ward being a premiership player means that our enemy are premiers, and I just can’t abide that.

He deserted us. Then after he announced it, he had the cheek to show his face at the B&F (shows how weak a club we are to have even allowed it - Wallace got the complete opposite treatment & rightly so). Even Dunkley hadn't announced it yet to do that (although we all knew and he had the cheek to snicker at his B&F win - will always believe the win was a last ditch attempt to try and get him to stay). Ward has never mentioned the 'Dogs since. Remember this?

YzWcqdie.jpeg

I want GWS to win the flag because no one would care. The closest we would get to world peace in the off-season.

Delusional. The media would care and they will hold up this manufactured club on high and bang on about how great they are and how great Greene is all off season.

I’m scraping the bottom of the barrel but here are four good things about GWS winning the flag or at least coming second to Brisbane:
1. It might help the AFL’s pitch to broadcasters that clubs located in the big ratings areas (outside Melbourne where people watch footy compulsively) are powerful and worth watching. Result: more TV revenue … as if footy needs it.
2. A Brisbane-GWS GF helps the AFLs claim that it is truly the national winter game.
3. It might help curtail the ongoing favours doled out to GWS.
4. Carlton go another year without a flag.

Now let’s list all the bad things about GWS winning the flag…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back