Welcome to the Bulldogs Aiden O’Driscoll

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he now the fastest player we've ever had on our list?
Quite possible. Crazy good 2km time trial too

I was hoping pre draft that we would pick up Aiden. Like his mix of speed and high end endurance. He could be one of the HHF that works back into defence then runs hard forward once we take possession.
Hope he goes well 🙏

Not too much footage of him online but looks exciting, agree with the calls that maybe we’re eying off HF for him - especially at that size he’s probably more suited there than wing. Really covered a lot of needs this draft

Interesting that he was used as a small forward.

Changes our forward line depth

That speed in the forward line will be very valuable. Give him the task to chase and apply pressure. We could have ourselves a bargain.

Seems to have the ability to kick goals as well so could prove dangerous.

Could rotate with Arty through forward and wing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 standard deviations above the mean for GPS data (unclear what data exactly) since 2014. Outrageous.

For those without a stats background this puts him in the top ~0.1% over the past 10 years.

Last edited:

4 standard deviations above the mean for GPS data (unclear what data exactly) since 2014. Outrageous.

So he’s in the 99.9th percentile of that data. “+25 a game, his average is 460 metres”, unsure exactly what that relates to but it was talking about his athleticism, so maybe how much distance he covers at that speed? whatever it means, exceptional athlete.

Talking about metres gained. So 4x the mean metres gained. Mentioned 460m or something he averaged in shorter quarters.
Yeah, but specifically mentions GPS data, which doesn't relate to metres gained - so I suspect it's closer to what weltschmerz suggested above. Still not sure what +25 means though.

In all, my complex, expert summary is: he run gud

Remove this Banner Ad

Back