Welcome to the Bulldogs Aiden O’Driscoll

Remove this Banner Ad

In Milesi's interview he mentions they view him as a forward who could play wing.

I checked his profile after the pick and he was classed as a forward, but bio read as a wing. It’s pretty clear he will start out as a forward whilst he builds his endurance

Not 100% sure but I think it’s the amount of distance he covers at greater than 25km/h. So total distance sprinting basically
If true, it's an (obviously) outrageous reflection on how big the jump from U18s to AFL is. 460 meters is >4SD above the mean for U18s, but the top three distances at high speed this season at AFL level were 4.3km, 3.9km, and 3.9km. Even accounting for quarter length - crazy.

If true, it's an (obviously) outrageous reflection on how big the jump from U18s to AFL is. 460 meters is >4SD above the mean for U18s, but the top three distances at high speed this season at AFL level were 4.3km, 3.9km, and 3.9km. Even accounting for quarter length - crazy.

‘Distance at high speed’ in the Telstra tracker is only 18km/h plus, so it’s running at a pace nearly 30% slower than the 25kmh+ metric.

This kid’s athletic tools for a flanker are perfect for the current way the game is played. Will need to be patient with him though, he was picked late for a reason. And particularly as he might be one kid whose abilities won’t always shine through as well on the boggy VFL grounds during the middle of winter when the ball movement can slow down.

Obviously a long way to go on both but if we got AOD & AJ up and running as high half forwards pushing up the ground, that would really help transform our front half and provide a link between our midfield & forward lines with elite speed. Which we haven’t had in our current line ups.

When the top prospects where asked prior to the draft who their bolter selection is:

3b606186fd50fc0837a66439a1d5661c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Obviously a long way to go on both but if we got AOD & AJ up and running as high half forwards pushing up the ground, that would really help transform our front half and provide a link between our midfield & forward lines with elite speed. Which we haven’t had in our current line ups.
Yeah but that’s a bit like saying “If a player becomes good that will help”. AJ still needs to find the ball more than 0 times and stick his tackles when he lays them.

Yeah but that’s a bit like saying “If a player becomes good that will help”. AJ still needs to find the ball more than 0 times and stick his tackles when he lays them.
Haha yeah not wrong, I just mean more that in theyre the sort of players that could transform our half forward line - so we’re really targeting the right types here at least. Some elite pace at half forward would give us a nice link & both have that mix of pace, tank & workrate

Seems he has been earmarked as a forward rather than a wing from Milesi's interview.
One of his coaches thinks his best football was as a rebounding defender. Super, super quick kid. If he's not the fastest player in the competition he's damn close to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off subject,
Remember during the days of Big Will, he had his own group over for Dinner once a week which comprised only those over 6 ft 4 or there abouts.

Wouldn’t surprise if this kid played games this season. Would slot nicely in to our fwd line with our lack of performing smalls.

Lachie Schultz type but quicker.

He may have a back injury currently that may interrupt pre season and season so may be difficult to get senior exposure this year

Didn’t know that. How bad is it?

I stand to be corrected CD but I do think one of the draftees has a back injury

Will come good it’s not on the serious end but enough to disrupt the pre season and sone of the season.

This snippet dovetails nicely with some of the assessments above.

The "Jesus" from Grant when discussing O'Driscoll's freakish GPS measurements is unintentionally hilarious.

I will herby only ever refer to him as Jesus. Apologies to any of you religious types.

I stand to be corrected CD but I do think one of the draftees has a back injury

Will come good it’s not on the serious end but enough to disrupt the pre season and sone of the season.

Yeah it's O'Driscoll with a stress fracture

I hope he joins the Arty, Flea, and formerly Garcia house of mayhem where residents have to be under 180cm. I also hope Darcy comes over sometimes and puts things on high shelves.
No need. Cody will fly for the speccy to get the corn flour from the top shelf.

And again to put it back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back