Welcome to the Bulldogs Jordan Croft

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only one who thinks Croft is a tiny bit overrated? I'd have thought he was a 20-25 range pick.

Since we got a points discount we probably did OK. We ended up using the points equivalent of pick 20.

Anyway there's no rush with the kid. He might not even debut this year, so he's got plenty of time to prove me wrong.
Yeah, I'm with you - surprised by his draft range, with question marks that I've spoken to quite a bit on here.

But he's a Dog now, so firmly in his camp. I suppose what we have to remember is that he has been mostly focused on volleyball for much of his adolescence. That plus the athletic profile and competitiveness suggests a lot of room for growth.

One thing about Jordan as opposed to our other draftees is that he had the chance to sit down and discuss before committing to us. If he was told he’d be used as a defender, and he nominated for us, that’s a good sign.
I would be hugely surprised if it wasn't discussed with him.

He'd be well aware he will likely play defence and maybe swing forward if needed

Yeah, I'm with you - surprised by his draft range, with question marks that I've spoken to quite a bit on here.

But he's a Dog now, so firmly in his camp. I suppose what we have to remember is that he has been mostly focused on volleyball for much of his adolescence. That plus the athletic profile and competitiveness suggests a lot of room for growth.

Mitch is the volleyballer - his twin brother. Or are you saying he's both a good and evil twin?! 😵

what picks did we use? adding up a bunch of s**t picks to match the points of a better pick is still a great deal. A gift basically.

We simply dont have room for him up forward. We have too many great tall forwards (god, that still sounds unnatural) So why play him there in the twos? His dad was turned into a defender and he will be turned into a defender. Plus shave his head.
He was hardly a gift though. We used three first rounders to trade up for Sanders purely due to Croft. I doubt we’d consider making that deal if Croft wasn’t in the picture so it’s certainly relevant in terms of what we gave up.

Anyway it’s all pointless now, we’ll just support and root for Sanders & Croft to become long term guns at the Dogs.

Mitch is the volleyballer - his twin brother. Or are you saying he's both a good and evil twin?! 😵
Oh, right - I've got my wires crossed there, clearly. I'll have to find another reason to warm to him. ;)

He was hardly a gift though. We used three first rounders to trade up for Sanders purely due to Croft. I doubt we’d consider making that deal if Croft wasn’t in the picture so it’s certainly relevant in terms of what we gave up.

Anyway it’s all pointless now, we’ll just support and root for Sanders & Croft to become long term guns at the Dogs.

we didnt do it to get croft, we did it because the croft situation made it more worthwhile to trade up.

yep, we could have taken pick 11 in the draft and then pick 18 (osulivan and wilson/croft) and then taken our 1st next year.

instead we spent that first next year and got sanders and croft, give or take some s**t picks.

So roughly, we spent next years 1st to move from 11 to 5 to pick up Sanders. That feels about right.

Even forgetting about Croft I think we’d do it to be honest. I’ve lost track so correct me if I’m wrong, but those picks ended up at 13 & 23 I believe. Tholstrup & Hardeman, or realistically for us if we were using them maybe Leake & Collard etc?

Obviously depends how their careers turn out and next years first rounder. But if next years pick is over 12 where it should be, I’m taking pick 6 in this draft for an elite talent like Sanders over 12, 13 & 23 any day of the week.

If it ends up being a top 8 pick next year then yeah we probably got screwed.

Crofts a bonus for mine, we saw what clubs were willing to give up to get into the top 10 this year and it was a lot

Working my way through the member Q&A video with Milesi & Power (check your inboxes - great stuff) - will be tried at both ends of the ground and see where he best fits, has the attributes to play as a defender.
Can you post the video somewhere please

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This may just be me trying to distract myself on the eve of our season but… I see the vision

Attachments

• IMG_0925.jpeg
    IMG_0925.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0926.jpeg
    IMG_0926.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 76

Remove this Banner Ad

Back