Welcome to the Bulldogs Lachlan Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Kieran was a plodding key back, Lachlan is a beast of a ruckman. You can plod as a ruckman and be elite but not as a key back.
In fat not in any other position other than the ruck - only here are plodders welcome.
I don't even think he is a "plodder" anyway,

Collins always looked slow and had the turning circle of the titanic whereas albeit from a few small clips this kid looks like he isn't to bad in his movement and could actually speed up some more once he turns some of his puppy fat into muscle

I'm actually really excited by this pick. Interesting to note that he only began to focus on footy at the beginning of last year after spending his time on basketball.

Averaged 17 disposals a game for Gippsland suggests he certainly knows how to find the footy. He's definitely giving off Nankervis vibes.

Between Smith, Darcy and Croft we've got a developing tall brigade that all seem to love the contest and have a real competitive streak.

Together they could give us a real edge in the coming years.
As well as Naughty whose as competitive as it gets and still young.

Marras shown a bit of an aggressive streak too, even JOD - maybe these two in a different manner than the guys you’ve listed but still competitive.

I think it’s been a good shift in our mindset to be honest, it’s a bit of a non-negotiable in the talls we take now and I like it, it really does set them apart. How many talented as all * but soft and passive talls have we seen come through over the years? We wait and wait and wait but they just never develop those competitive instincts if they don’t have it to begin with

Between Smith, Darcy and Croft we've got a developing tall brigade that all seem to love the contest and have a real competitive streak.

Together they could give us a real edge in the coming years.

It feels like there was a directive this list management period to bring in players with a competitive streak or that like to get stuck in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually really excited by this pick. Interesting to note that he only began to focus on footy at the beginning of last year after spending his time on basketball.
Why why why would you bring that up????????
If the kid is any good now for the next 10 years every commentator in every game, in every quarter and for every touch will say “ he has a basketball background you know”.
Just why?

Given he only allegedly turned 18 only a month ago you'd think he'd still have a little bit more growth in him!

Looks a very exciting prospect to develop

Reminds me of playing FDL under 17s and some of our opposition drove in to the ground and got out of their cars scratching their beards.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reminds me of playing FDL under 17s and some of our opposition drove in to the ground and got out of their cars scratching their beards.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

One of the Brunswick's in the EDFL (East or West - whichever ones wore Collingwood colours) were the same. Also had a propensity to lay seige outside oppo and umpires rooms if they lost!

One of the Brunswick's in the EDFL (East or West - whichever ones wore Collingwood colours) were the same. Also had a propensity to lay seige outside oppo and umpires rooms if they lost!
Reservoir u14 Hockey team…all their voices had broken and they looked like they spent all day in the gym

That would be East. West were in the VAFA. Smashed our visitors rooms after a loss. I remember the toilet being completely ripped out. Lucky our President at the time was a plumber!

That would be East. West were in the VAFA. Smashed our visitors rooms after a loss. I remember the toilet being completely ripped out. Lucky our President at the time was a plumber!

After beating them at their ground in u15s - we had to barricade ourselves in visitors rooms with umpires while the constabulary were called so we could leave! Not very gracious losers!

Their u17s - some of them arrived driving their own cars, sporting beards, like Claudonious said about the FDL team above. Old before their time! 😆

After beating them at their ground in u15s - we had to barricade ourselves in visitors rooms with umpires while the constabulary were called so we could leave! Not very gracious losers!

Their u17s - some of them arrived driving their own cars, sporting beards, like Claudonious said about the FDL team above. Old before their time! 😆
Who said football wasn’t a matter of life or death?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back