Upgrade

The next step of our upgrade will be happening on Sunday morning. Expect an outage of around 30 minutes at some stage.

Otherwise, use the site as normal.

Contact support@bigfooty.com if there are any big problems.

Welcome to the Bulldogs Lachlan Bramble

Remove this Banner Ad

Ash1337

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2009
Albany
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Reading through the Hawks thread on him, they were very excited early days and he played well in the backline as a cover to best 22 injured defenders Sicily and Mitchell. He then got moved to the wing and dropped of a bit. A few were surprised he was delisted.
Likely just unlucky like Jeka who was also picked up.

TazHawk15

Premium Platinum
Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Looking at his past couple of seasons with the Hawks it seems like he goes well in the first half of the season but is then replaced by younger?players and ends up in the VFL. Perhaps that indicates a fitness and consistency issue. Hopefully, our fitness people can improve this.
Its not fitness because the guy is a running machine.

What lead to his delisting is his ability to run like the wind and take a couple of bounces and with pin point accuracy hit an opponent on the chest with his kicks, time and time again.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anything we get out of Bramble will be a bonus, complete flyer and zero risk.

Dannnnnnnnnn

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
What lead to his delisting is his ability to run like the wind and take a couple of bounces and with pin point accuracy hit an opponent on the chest with his kicks, time and time again.
This is a critical component of our game plan so I don't see it as a problem.

TazHawk15

Premium Platinum
Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams

This is a critical component of our game plan so I don't see it as a problem.
If that’s the case he should have a career best year in 2024.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Hmm. I also note that Bramble's career goalkicking tally stands at 2.9.

Sounds like he's gonna fit in a treat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Golden_6

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
It feel’s like another Bevo reach to me, like O’Brien. He is 25. He should have shown enough at that age.
I’d say he’s actually shown a fair bit at AFL level. Hawks have a solid group of running defenders/wingman with Impey, Hardwick, CJ, Day (before 2023), Amon, Weddle etc.

He did average 20 touches a game this season in full games. Definitely not a walk up best 22 but I think there’s something to work with.

Foxman98

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’d say he’s actually shown a fair bit at AFL level. Hawks have a solid group of running defenders/wingman with Impey, Hardwick, CJ, Day (before 2023), Amon, Weddle etc.

He did average 20 touches a game this season in full games. Definitely not a walk up best 22 but I think there’s something to work with.
Agreed,

TOB was recruited off 1 game against us where we made him look like the 2nd coming of Jesus in a position he had previously not played and one we were desperate for,

Bramble is in a position of need for sure but not as much desperation as prior to the draft but has also been statistically fairly solid especially in his first season at the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad