Welcome to the Bulldogs Lachlan Bramble

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading through the Hawks thread on him, they were very excited early days and he played well in the backline as a cover to best 22 injured defenders Sicily and Mitchell. He then got moved to the wing and dropped of a bit. A few were surprised he was delisted.
Likely just unlucky like Jeka who was also picked up.

Looking at his past couple of seasons with the Hawks it seems like he goes well in the first half of the season but is then replaced by younger?players and ends up in the VFL. Perhaps that indicates a fitness and consistency issue. Hopefully, our fitness people can improve this.
Its not fitness because the guy is a running machine.

What lead to his delisting is his ability to run like the wind and take a couple of bounces and with pin point accuracy hit an opponent on the chest with his kicks, time and time again.

What lead to his delisting is his ability to run like the wind and take a couple of bounces and with pin point accuracy hit an opponent on the chest with his kicks, time and time again.
This is a critical component of our game plan so I don't see it as a problem.

This is a critical component of our game plan so I don't see it as a problem.
If that’s the case he should have a career best year in 2024.

Hmm. I also note that Bramble's career goalkicking tally stands at 2.9.

Sounds like he's gonna fit in a treat.

Hmm. I also note that Bramble's career goalkicking tally stands at 2.9.

Sounds like he's gonna fit in a treat.
Not only a great fit but inline to be our goal kicking coach with numbers like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It feel’s like another Bevo reach to me, like O’Brien. He is 25. He should have shown enough at that age.
I’d say he’s actually shown a fair bit at AFL level. Hawks have a solid group of running defenders/wingman with Impey, Hardwick, CJ, Day (before 2023), Amon, Weddle etc.

He did average 20 touches a game this season in full games. Definitely not a walk up best 22 but I think there’s something to work with.

I’d say he’s actually shown a fair bit at AFL level. Hawks have a solid group of running defenders/wingman with Impey, Hardwick, CJ, Day (before 2023), Amon, Weddle etc.

He did average 20 touches a game this season in full games. Definitely not a walk up best 22 but I think there’s something to work with.
Agreed,

TOB was recruited off 1 game against us where we made him look like the 2nd coming of Jesus in a position he had previously not played and one we were desperate for,

Bramble is in a position of need for sure but not as much desperation as prior to the draft but has also been statistically fairly solid especially in his first season at the Hawks

I'm telling you guys this bloke is Shane Biggs 2.0
The scintillating runs off half back combined with the deep penetrative kicking that clears defensive lines. Every time Bramble went inside 50 we scored. We have found an absolute gem with this guy. After the half time break he was the one who said "* this, I'm not losing to these campaigners" and got us going.

The Bramble Gamble is gonna pay off for us in a big, big way.

I'm telling you guys this bloke is Shane Biggs 2.0
The scintillating runs off half back combined with the deep penetrative kicking that clears defensive lines. Every time Bramble went inside 50 we scored. We have found an absolute gem with this guy. After the half time break he was the one who said "* this, I'm not losing to these campaigners" and got us going.

The Bramble Gamble is gonna pay off for us in a big, big way.
I would consider his fledging career at Hawthorn merely a preamble to the Bramble Gamble - the man most certainly does not shamble.

I would consider his fledging career at Hawthorn merely a preamble to the Bramble Gamble - the man most certainly does not shamble.
Hopefully he stays out of trouble and we avoid a Bramble scandal.

Lachlan Bramble - lots of run, not much amble.
Are we worried he rhymes with Tom Campbell!

Very impressed with Bramble so far, seems to have a decent blend of defensive instinct mixed with attacking nous. Certainly no knocks at all on his disposal so far too, which is really nice. I thought his kick-ins from behinds against Melbourne were all good.

Very impressed with Bramble so far, seems to have a decent blend of defensive instinct mixed with attacking nous. Certainly no knocks at all on his disposal so far too, which is really nice. I thought his kick-ins from behinds against Melbourne were all good.

I think that he didn't fit in with Hawthorn's methodical chipping it around to poke holes in the defence style. He's much more aggressive and direct with his kicking which means that the off kicks get highlighted more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back