Player Watch Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

My comparison of Burton with Bonner is more the heartlessness in the contest and not having either the ability or the athleticism to run back to defend or chase. He is also prone to allow his man, even in a stoppage off half back a bit too much leniency and sling shot goals are possible, just because he won't man up and then when he sees the heels of his opponent jogs to cover.

There were just more obvious examples on the weekend but he had one in the 1st game against the West Coast.
Still the whipping boy and he isnt even at the *ing club anymore!! might want to check rnd 1 stats tiger, Bonner ran 15km, team high. I'd say that was plenty of defensive running from HB. chalk and Cheese vs Burton, Ryan doesnt train and isnt fit hence his output and effort.

Burton trains probably harder than anyone at the club, which has helped him overcome his injury problems earlier in his career.

From an article before his 100th game in 2022:

Burton's strong work ethic has allowed him to overcome challenges posed by injuries that date to his schoolboy football matches, in particular in 2014 when he broke a leg. He played in all of Port Adelaide's 24 senior matches last season and all four so far this year.

"I've continuity in my training (rather than a change of luck)," Burton said. "That is about it ...

"I've been rocking up every week, twice a week for training and then game day. I am just trying to do my thing every week and recover the best that I can. It is holding me in good stead at the moment. So we will keep doing what we are doing."

While many have been told to scale down the demands on the body, Burton took the opposite track by finding "more is best" with his training workloads.

"Getting a really good (training) base a couple of years ago - after being told by our fitness staff that I had done all the work - meant I should have been confident," Burton said of the turnaround in his fortunes. "Playing every game last year has me extremely confident now.

"This pre-season, I stepped up again and done even more. I am confident every week."

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/n...l-to-play-100th-game-in-port-adelaide-colours

Ease up Tiger.
I wont.
Go Tigers Football GIF by Clemson Tigers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ohh hit a nerve I see. Thinking about it so I dont have to read the uneducated garbage you put up each week. :stkilda:
I'm pleased I don't have to watch the utter garbage Bonner serves up week in week out at my club anymore, now trot along to the Saints board with your sick obsession.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back