Player Watch Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

The dude's entire schtick is a bizarre hard on for Bonner.

Burton is welcome to join them both.
What sort of weirdo stakes his whole BF identity on some random ex-Port fringe player?

Anyway might go bump the Sam Hayes thread, haven't posted there for a while.

Burton lost me after the 2021 prelim. His short stepping with the flight of the ball was the straw. He may do some good things but all I see now is his Nathan Lonie esq softness.

I think the strange life consuming McEntee blood thirst is all you need to focus on Tiger.
My takes on McEntee's continued selection are exactly the takes that McEntee's continued selection deserve.

You know how there's about 10,000 pages of Sack Hinkley thread on this board and most of it is pointing out how unprecedented it is for a coach to continue to keep his job after 11 years with no success? McEntee's continued selection is equally unprecedented.

Find me another club contending for finals in, let's say, the last ten years, which had a forward averaging under 10 disposals, under 3 tackles (always important to mention the tackle numbers just to head off the dEfEnSiVe pReSsUrE apologists), and 0.6 goals per game as a rolled gold lock in their best 22, and I'll never say anything bad about McEntee again.

My takes on McEntee's continued selection are exactly the takes that McEntee's continued selection deserve.

You know how there's about 10,000 pages of Sack Hinkley thread on this board and most of it is pointing out how unprecedented it is for a coach to continue to keep his job after 11 years with no success? McEntee's continued selection is equally unprecedented.

Find me another club contending for finals in, let's say, the last ten years, which had a forward averaging under 10 disposals, under 3 tackles (always important to mention the tackle numbers just to head off the dEfEnSiVe pReSsUrE apologists), and 0.6 goals per game as a rolled gold lock in their best 22, and I'll never say anything bad about McEntee again.
I was going to look up Cryril Rioli but he average 15 over his career

I was going to look up Cryril Rioli but he average 15 over his career
You can look up players much worse than Cyril Rioli.

Jake Neade averaged 11.1 disposals, 0.8 goals and 3.6 tackles per game over his career. Sam Gray 17.4 disposals, 0.8 goals and 3.4 tackles.

Look up Willi Rioli’s stats so far this year. Should be sacked according to you.

Look up Willi Rioli’s stats so far this year. Should be sacked according to you.
I know you're not stupid enough to compare a player's stats over 2 games to a player's stats over 24 games, are you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you're not stupid enough to compare a player's stats over 2 games to a player's stats over 24 games, are you?
Comparisons can be over any period you choose. This season, last season, both, career, etc. I was responding a bit to your absolute statement on the stats (as a side, I am a bit aware of Rioli’s output so far this year and he needs to do more for an attacking forward). I agree that McEntee needs to do more than he showed against West Coast - he seemed to be building nicely this year. A bit concerning about our small forwards if we don’t have faith in McEntee, Evans and Narkle and we have a misfiring Rioli. I also think Evans did more than Rioli in the last game.

That's the entirely weird thing about the Jed situation.

There are some people who will take huge potshots at Kenny Average and rightfully so but his selection of the average to poor output of Jed is somehow allowed.

In this way, the continued selection of Jed is actually an endorsement of the mediocrity and clouded decision making of Kenny and the coaching panel at large. I mean did the forwards on the weekend struggle without Jed's blocking to lead? It's just propaganda rubbish.

I don't really get any comparison of Jed with Willie Rioli. It is disingenuous at best.

And I personally think that the role of Jed would be best left to a true, crumbing forward that can snap a couple of goals and create. I am a big fan of the potential of Thomas Anastasopoulos and his skill set would fit in really well up front. Something as simple as the crumbing goal by Evans against Richmond on the weekend gives so much more pressure on the scoreboard than running like a headless chook to space.

And with regards to defensive pressure, I would say that it is a bit of a given that any player in the AFL should have that string to their bow unless they are a score involvement king.

Anyway, if he is continually selected, I hope that Jed continues to improve and starts to kick bags.

Burton lost me after the 2021 prelim. His short stepping with the flight of the ball was the straw. He may do some good things but all I see now is his Nathan Lonie esq softness.
Burton needs the old Alberton club where the members give feedback after the game. A few home truths like Greg Anderson got would benefit him right now.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
He kicked a goal and had 22 from HB, are we on drugs? There's many I'd put the blowtorch on before him based off this game.

It's taken a while but it's pretty clear now that we officially lost the Wingard trade.
I think thats not the case because we sort of ended up with BZT. Burton himself is a wash though. Genuine s**t.

It's taken a while but it's pretty clear now that we officially lost the Wingard trade.
Well, I suggest we wait till tomorrow for Wingard to play, and then make that judgment!

Will Ferrell Comedy GIF by filmeditor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back