Preview Brisbane Lions v Geelong Round 6 (Saturday 20 April 7:30PM @ Gabba)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance.
Bailey had 8 Centre Bounce Attendances last week and Neale is playing on one leg. We need a pure mid to support Neale and lessen his workload. That isn’t Tunstill.

How have you been Nunez? Getting to gigs? I’ve got Nick Cave and Colin Greenwood coming up and after that Radio Birdman. Looking forward to both shows.

Bailey had 8 Centre Bounce Attendances last week and Neale is playing on one leg. We need a pure mid to support Neale and lessen his workload. That isn’t Tunstill.

How have you been Nunez? Getting to gigs? I’ve got Nick Cave and Colin Greenwood coming up and after that Radio Birdman. Looking forward to both shows.

Rayner will take more CBAs and Jimmy is capable. If things go wrong they can sub Lyons in when needed. Ideally not till the fourth when he'll be most effective.

Some gigs - have only played one this year - festivals are dropping like flies so a good year to take time and save some $$ while s**t hits the fan!

I saw one of the best gigs I've seen in a long time a few weeks ago . Raye at the Palais.

Caroline Polachek was awesome as well .

We get these people who are going to be superstars who come out to Aus for gigs before anyone knows who they are.

Ironic Taylor fills out the G when artists with twice the talent do shows with no publicity/marketing at all. But that'll change in the next year or two with those 2.

Looks quite wet saturday, i saw one forecast 10-20mm. Lyons would definitely be suited by that. I think our best side these days is generally without him but this saturday is different with the rain. He’s a mudder. His father was a mudder. His mother was a mudder!

Looks quite wet saturday, i saw one forecast 10-20mm. Lyons would definitely be suited by that. I think our best side these days is generally without him but this saturday is different with the rain. He’s a mudder. His father was a mudder. His mother was a mudder!
17. 1111 Lyons (tdw) 84kg (2-1 Fav)

Last edited:
People angry we chose Lyons as our sub need to remember we didn't even use our sub last week.

Sure, a runner could get injured, but so could a key tall or a star inside mid with a bad ankle.

In hindsight we'll be able to say whether JL as sub was right or wrong, but that really lends itself to chance opposed to strategic blunders of successes. Let's be honest, we almost never have any strategy in our sub selections.

We haven't chosen him as the sub yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's a wet-weather game, which is looks like playing, I'd lean towards JL starting, perhaps playing a forward defensive role on someone like Holmes.
No way Lyons could run with Max Holmes, he is an endurance machine as well as being quite quick, he'd put 5 meters on him in 10.

I wouldn't be confident of Jarryd playing a lockdown role on anyone, he is just too slow on transition.

No way Lyons could run with Max Holmes, he is an endurance machine as well as being quite quick, he'd put 5 meters on him in 10.

I wouldn't be confident of Jarryd playing a lockdown role on anyone, he is just too slow on transition.
Possibly. If it's a congested game though, the danger is lessened. I'm firmly in the camp that sees JL as not best 22 anymore, but in this case, having him start is the way I'd lean. I've always thought his goal sense is pretty good (when given the chance), so could see him slotting into Bailey's role to some degree. Maybe it's because I'm not totally sold on Jimmy T just yet.

How many times have there been dozens of posts on this board about a wet weather game only for it to have little to no influence? Even 10mm won't drastically change the game
Very accurate re talk of it vs reality.

From memory a few of those times there has been a terrible forecast on the monday which has improved by the day before the game

The weather app i use is saying the heaviest rain will fall while the actual game is on. if 10-20mm falls during the game it will be a proper wet weather game. IF!

Very accurate re talk of it vs reality.

From memory a few of those times there has been a terrible forecast on the monday which has improved by the day before the game

The weather app i use is saying the heaviest rain will fall while the actual game is on. if 10-20mm falls during the game it will be a proper wet weather game. IF!
This is what I'm seeing right now. I can see it being a bit damp tomorrow night...

Screenshot_20240419_101956_Weatherzone.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back