Preview Round O - Brisbane Lions v Carlton Gabba Friday 8 March 6.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do we always get pencil neck :rolleyes: , must live in Brisbane.

Umpires
Brett Rosebury (8), Andrew Stephens (12), Brendan Hosking (16), Simon Meredith (21)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For anyone attending tomorrow night the Lions app was only recently updated for the 2024 season. I wasn’t able to access my tickets without updating and had to relink my Ticketmaster account afterwards.

1. Update your lions app before going tomorrow night
  2. Relink your Ticketmaster within the lions app

BRISBANE

B:
B.Starcevich 37 J.Payne 40 R.Lester 35
HB: K.Coleman 18 H.Andrews 31 D.Gardiner 27
C: J.Fletcher 28 Z.Bailey 33 J.Berry 7
HF: C.Cameron 23 E.Hipwood 30 H.McCluggage 6
F: C.Rayner 16 J.Daniher 3 D.Zorko 15
Foll: O.McInerney 46 J.Dunkley 5 L.Neale 9
I/C: K.Lohmann 1 C.Ah Chee 4 L.McCarthy 11 J.Lyons 17 D.Wilmot 44

Loving the look of this lineup. I would have Lohmann as the Sub. This team beats Carlton by 10 goals +

BRISBANE

B:

Loving the look of this lineup. I would have Lohmann as the Sub. This team beats Carlton by 10 goals +

I hope 10+ goals isn't an expectation or I fear you'll be very disappointed.

I expect a 3-5 goal win.

BRISBANE

B:

You like the 4 talls in defence?
Or is it just that Lester has been named?

Be interested to see how Oscar goes against a very average ruck
Based off every game I've seen from TDK, it will basically be him dragging Oscar down all night without any free kicks getting paid and people on here about how bad Oscar is as a result.

Happy with the 23 selected. Lyons selection interesting, but I don't mind a bit of extra experience early in the season. I think he'll be sub, if Neale isn't quite match fit yet, Lyons is the best option to give him a spell in the last qtr. Enough versatility with Ah Chee and Zorks to cover McKenna.

I hope we go hard at Carlton, keep the pressure up all game. Hope we come out n stamp our authority, start the season confidently. Still concerned about the tactic of dropping a fwd back in red time. Should have a win here, 4 goals plus.

Very surprised Lyon named, thought we had moved past him, otherwise the expected side named.
View attachment 1921798
I’m still concerned with our contested midfield depth. None of Rayner, Bailey or Robertson have been given a consistent run through the midfield, to show they have what it takes to be relied upon inside.

Lyons isn’t the answer, for me, but he’s the only other inside mid we have, that Fagan trusts.

As good as Will and Levi will be, they’re not big bodies inside.

I’m still concerned with our contested midfield depth. None of Rayner, Bailey or Robertson have been given a consistent run through the midfield, to show they have what it takes to be relied upon inside.

Lyons isn’t the answer, for me, but he’s the only other inside mid we have, that Fagan trusts.

As good as Will and Levi will be, they’re not big bodies inside.
Hugh has got a reasonably big body these days and if we can get Rayner in the centre a bit more hopefully that will help.

For anyone attending tomorrow night the Lions app was only recently updated for the 2024 season. I wasn’t able to access my tickets without updating and had to relink my Ticketmaster account afterwards.

1. Update your lions app before going tomorrow night
  2. Relink your Ticketmaster within the lions app
Yes, my son was just telling me about the changes(he works in IT) and does all the downloading of tickets etc, I reckon it will be a madhouse at the gates tomorrow evening, we are planning on getting there a little earlier than normal just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back