Preview 2024 Rd 7 Carlton v Geelong Saturday 27 April 4:35PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over to the Game Day thread …

I'm a Sam Durdin fan. I reckon he will be a gun KPD if he can stay on the park
His pre season has been awesome and they have really managed him to get him over his injury issues.
He is calm, strong and I have seen him constantly beat Charlie and McKay one one one. Perfect Weitering foil.

IF he can stay fit I believe he will become a vital part of our defence. Fingers crossed
I was thinking he might be a chance. Has he been suspended? There has been no mention of why he has been missing.

Young is a spoiler. He's an athlete but he's not a footballer. He can come in and punch the ball away from a key forward and that's it. Decision making, ability to read the game, positioning etc is not there. He doesn't know how to zone off or when to guard grass or a man. He does things that are unexpected like spoil when he should be marking that put his team mates on the back foot.

Can't stand Weitering and Young in the same team, it just doesn't work. Durdin and Weitering would likely work ok. Young is an ok replacement for Weitering but that's all he is. He doesn't work well with the other defenders, if anything he disrupts the whole team defence because he doesn't get it and makes the wrong decisions too often.

Durdin on the other hand can do all those things but he is, IMO a footballer. Could we see him this weekend? I think we just might.

I'd be happy to see Durdin come in, get the feeling we rate him.

I'm a Sam Durdin fan. I reckon he will be a gun KPD if he can stay on the park
His pre season has been awesome and they have really managed him to get him over his injury issues.
He is calm, strong and I have seen him constantly beat Charlie and McKay one one one. Perfect Weitering foil.

IF he can stay fit I believe he will become a vital part of our defence. Fingers crossed
I never rated him from the games I watched him play for Nth. But that was a long time ago, I could say the same about Jones and he really blossomed. It would be fantastic if he could come on, key defender quality is certainly not a strength of ours.

When kennedy went back last week didn't see harry and TDK get in each others way and fwd line seemed to function - with TDK the true 3rd marking fwd..
what to do with Matty now do you play him solely in the middle off the bench as he can go fwd or back if in game injury necessitates.

Cats could bring in Guthrie, Rohan,Tuohy, and Stanley. Only one injured player Stewart

I was thinking he might be a chance. Has he been suspended? There has been no mention of why he has been missing.

Young is a spoiler. He's an athlete but he's not a footballer. He can come in and punch the ball away from a key forward and that's it. Decision making, ability to read the game, positioning etc is not there. He doesn't know how to zone off or when to guard grass or a man. He does things that are unexpected like spoil when he should be marking that put his team mates on the back foot.

Can't stand Weitering and Young in the same team, it just doesn't work. Durdin and Weitering would likely work ok. Young is an ok replacement for Weitering but that's all he is. He doesn't work well with the other defenders, if anything he disrupts the whole team defence because he doesn't get it and makes the wrong decisions too often.

Durdin on the other hand can do all those things but he is, IMO a footballer. Could we see him this weekend? I think we just might.

I'd be happy to see Durdin come in, get the feeling we rate him.
Are you serious Sam Durdin has not even played a game this year, he is no chance at all for this week or in the Foreseeable future.

Young is a solid back up and is in front of Durdin, in fact l see Durdin not holding a list spot at year end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young played on Cameron last year , Cameron kicked 6 but we still won reasonably comfortably. That's probably a worst case scenario. Doesn't mean that if it happens again we win but it's not necessarily doomsday.

Wasn't 6 on Young though. Cameron played one of the all-time great games against us last year - was awesome to watch. Think you just have to try and minimise his impact/hope he has an off day - we've not really got a good match-up for him (not many do).

Wasn't 6 on Young though. Cameron played one of the all-time great games against us last year - was awesome to watch. Think you just have to try and minimise his impact/hope he has an off day - we've not really got a good match-up for him (not many do).

It was a while ago but most of those were on Young from memory. Maybe Kemp is quick / mobile enough to stick with him up the ground ?

I have no doubt that if we bring last weeks intensity we’ll get the chocolates….

But…

Can we bring that insane amount of pressure week in week out? Particularly with injuries mounting.

There would have to be lots of sore bodies.

I guess cats had a big slog fest last week so they’ll be sore also.

After last week I think our current line up can handle any team. At worst you think Sam Durds and Alex Cinc will come in. At least they are like for like replacements. I think Weiters will get up and they will choose to be cautious with Zaccy boy.

If we win clearance convincingly we deny Jeremy Cameron and Co more chances to score and take some pressure of our defence. Of course, we'll still have to defend well when they have ball in hand.

Regardless, if we play like last week we win. Beating Geelong would give me just as much satisfaction as beating the Bombres or Colliwobbles. I'm a bit over Chis Scott and his band of ageing campaigners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back