Delisted #32: Andrew Lee

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 32. Andrew Lee

It is extremely lucky for Lee that he has a contract for next year as he has struggled to do much this year. Has had a string of minor injuries that havn't helped his cause and his output for Bendigo has been ordinary. In the last month he has sown signs of improvement but there is still a way to go. Yesterdays game against Williamstown (12/8/07) was a step in the right direction as he took a few good grabs while he was up forward and kicked two goals and he was solid in defence. He has the advantage that he has shown he can play at both ends of the ground when in form and he is reasonably quick for a tall. Needs a big pre season and a really solid year in 2008 as this year has been a backwards step from last season.

Time to go.

Is he really contracted for another year?

Another poor recruitment decision by Dedoro.

he showed some good signs in the last month of the vfl

2008 is make or break

What's happened to Lee? He played in the intra club match at Casey, went pretty well considering he was in the less expereinced team.

Has he played in a game since? Is he injured? :confused:

he has been injured for the past 5 weeks. he was going to play against brisbane but got a niggle the day before the match

he has been injured for the past 5 weeks. he was going to play against brisbane but got a niggle the day before the match

Must've been a pretty serious niggle for him to miss the next 5 weeks. Looking forward to his return for Bendigo.
Might be one of those players that strive under a new coach, well that's what hoping for anyway!

:cool:

it was a niggle up at brisbane.......he still almost played the first nab cup game. but when he came back to melbourne the medical staff didnt get on top of it and the inury complicated itself.

he should be a handy vfl player this year. but unless we go down the "carlton" route, he doesn't stand a chance of playing a game in the seniors

he'd definitely have to do something to impress. as the afl rules have it there has to be a minimum amount of player turnover by each club every season. besides pev and jj there wouldn't really be any other obvious delistees on the senior list so he is under pressure to perform.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came to the club as a skinny kid dreaming of being the next Riewoldt(I know,I know). There were signs yesterday he might be a handy lead up CHF for Bendigo this year. Don't write him off just yet. Playing there might be enough to get his confidence back.

i'm not writing him off just yet, but the ball is in his court

I'm writting him off. I would love for him to prove me wrong, but he has been in the system for 3 years and has shown little.

If he can't crack the side now, he never will.

Yep...

Andrew Lee
Shoulder
Indefinite

• Andrew has suffered a serious shoulder injury. It is not clear when he will resume playing.

Shame...

Well, this is his last year in contract. The injury might cost him 10-15 weeks (I have no idea) and perhaps he was told this was his last year to make the team. Maybe he feels that he should just retire now instead of doing all that work just to come back for 8 games.

Will he get back to play this year?

If he does it'll be interesting to see what he can do.

Does he have a chance?

If Lee is fit with two rounds remaining. Will he be chucked into the seniors straight away to see what he can do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back