RIP Helen Graham (Ben's Mother)

Remove this Banner Ad

FOOTBALL star Ben Graham's mother died in a Geelong hospital yesterday, ending a long battle with cancer.
Helen Graham, 60, was fighting the disease for the third time.

Just three months ago the proud mother of two sat in her Leopold home and watched her son Ben become the first Australian to compete for American football's biggest prize, the US Super Bowl.

She was undergoing chemotherapy at the time but told reporters she had drawn strength from the former Cat's achievements.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2009/04/22/64861_news.html

Condolences to Ben and his family. RIP Helen.

Died way to young. :(

thoughts to ben and the rest of the family. 60 is way too young:(
may she rest in peace

Wow, this is very sad, condolences the Graham family.

Too young.

Rest in peace Helen.

:(

Tragic news, My thoughts go out to ben and his family. May she rest in peace.

I knew Mrs Graham well. From the days when Leopold FC were involved in the BFL, my dad would work with both her and her husband and they were great people. We were also lucky enough to have her as a substitute teacher at my old primary school and we'd love it when she would be in because in stead of teaching, she'd spend the time telling us about Ben and how he was going in his early days at the Cats.

A great lady, in with a great family and will be truely missed.

Terrible. All the best to Ben & his family.

My mum past away in similar circumstances just over a month ago.

To state the obvious, cancer is a f#%king pr!ck of a thing.

Sorry to hear that mate :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to hear that mate :(

Sorry to hear that T.K.

All the best.

That is very sad for Ben and your family, really sorry to hear that

Cheers guys.

If anyone's feeling a bit down and want to do something positive, the McGrath Foundation is a good place to start.

Rather than having flowers @ Mum's funeral, she wanted people to donate what they could to the foundation.

They basically directly fund Breast Care Nurses, particularly in rural areas where there is bugger all for anyone. And for anyone who has either been through this themselves, or someone close to you has, you'd know how important these people are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back