Player Watch #10: Shane Edwards - Retiring at Seasons end

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my favourites of all time. I remember when he was standing under highballs at CHB when he was all of 65kg when he was drafted. He took so long to develop but by his late 20's he was so, so good. That Geelong final where he was just about BOG was the highlight.

He was always a "cherry on top" player, but his hands and touch are gone. He used to have the best hands in the comp but has fumbled every third possession this year.

A true Richmond great. Happy for the coaches to play him and Cotchin as long as they want but the truth is both are probably in their final years baring a tremendous form uptick.

Last edited:
Pathetic by some of you. Eat your own well and truly in force
Not a single poster has bagged him. Everyone appears truly upset that he’s declined.

Since when can’t we criticize a players form ffs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a single poster has bagged him. Everyone appears truly upset that he’s declined.

Posters thanking him. Don’t be an idiot mate, you’re better than that

Sheddas drop off has been so sudden. Cotch u could see slowly declining but since shedda got his injury early last year he’s completely lost it

He hardly played in 2020 though as well. So was fresh come finals when he came back. So it has been a while since he put a season together.

Posters thanking him. Don’t be an idiot mate, you’re better than that
Which is the opposite of bagging him.

These posts telling people they are pathetic for commenting on a players decline are ridiculous.

You’re better than that.

Pathetic by some of you. Eat your own well and truly in force

You're pretty lost here.

Shane has been bad this year. I think most posters absolute adore him and are truly saddened by this loss of form. I for one am happy for Shane, Jack, and Trent to play as much footy as possible this year as true champions of the club. But the fact is that football is a business and if you're not competing, you should be developing.

Might want to read through again. Last time I checked, saying he’s cooked amongst other things is bagging him

Might want to read through again. Last time I checked, saying he’s cooked amongst other things is bagging him
Personally I thought KB had another couple of years in him but Father Time catches up to everyone ,how the * is that bagging the player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back