Player Watch #10: Shane Edwards - Retiring at Seasons end

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee we played some glorious footy back then!
Sheddas vision in the 19 prelim with the pass and open goal to Lambert.Just underlines what a special player Shedda is.

Sheddas vision in the 19 prelim with the pass and open goal to Lambert.Just underlines what a special player Shedda is.
Yes...Just magical with his little touches of the footy and knock-ons....can remember one that was a toe poke of the footy on the ground lead to a goal...
Love to see a parade of Shedda's gifs...

Yes...Just magical with his little touches of the footy and knock-ons....can remember one that was a toe poke of the footy on the ground lead to a goal...
Love to see a parade of Shedda's gifs...
Better than Cyril as far as i'm concerned.

Dinner the Teppanyaki Way! - Sandos

Congratulations to Shane Edwards on gaining his AFL life membership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fear the end is near for Shane. He looks so much slower than he used to. Such an outright legend of our club but I hope he times retirement right.
Sonsie for Edwards would be an obvious one, but does he as a great player deserve it. Hard to drop the champs.

Our midfield ran out of legs big time.

Last edited:
Sonsie for Edwards would be an obvious one, but does as a great player does he deserve it. Hard to drop the champs.

Our midfield ran out of legs big time.
Gave him a ride for the first 2 rounds but today really made it too hard to ignore. Hes way off. Fumbly, slow, bad disposal and bad decision making. Hard to say but his form warrants dropping.

Gave him a ride for the first 2 rounds but today really made it too hard to ignore. Hes way off. Fumbly, slow, bad disposal and bad decision making. Hard to say but his form warrants dropping.

Thank you............he has been pox. His quick hands have been fumbly and his decision making crapola. Needs a break. Sonsie !!!!!!!

I fear the end is near for Shane. He looks so much slower than he used to. Such an outright legend of our club but I hope he times retirement right.
He's had no impact at all this year, unfortunately. Clearly we're not contending, so maybe it's time to give a kid like Sonsie a go in his role.

Love him , but Father Time doesn’t stop

He was always a cherry on top player, was always going to decline when the skills of the team declined surely he has a bit too but the side is not in good shape atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back