Retired #11: David Zaharakis - Survivin'

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you retire when you are making probably at least $500k a year for another 2 years?

Still under contract. I think he could be a good experienced player for an inexperienced midfield outfit (Suns Blues Saints)

True but if he’s that s**t we won’t be able to trade him.

I shotgun what seems like the only positive post that this thread will get this week.

He’s fluctuated between a very good player for this club and an absolute jet for this club for a decade and the fact that Worsfold has found it in his infinite wisdom to to play him in a back pocket shouldn’t detract from that fact or cloud people’s judgement.

He’s still going decently well, that change of role has meant his numbers and his impact are down but his legs haven’t deserted him nor has his kicking. Still has gas left in the tank.

I'd say Worsfold moved him due to his inability to run defensively when in the middle. Maybe he thought putting him down back would force him to defend more whatever the thpught was it hasn't paid off.

Once Marty is ready for top level footy it's a straight swap.

The most irritating thing with Zaka is we know he can run both ways, he did it when half the team was banned and he stood up and took responsibility. Why he doesn't do it now is down to him and it's why it should cost him his place in the 22.

I'd say Worsfold moved him due to his inability to run defensively when in the middle. Maybe he thought putting him down back would force him to defend more whatever the thpught was it hasn't paid off.

Once Marty is ready for top level footy it's a straight swap.

The most irritating thing with Zaka is we know he can run both ways, he did it when half the team was banned and he stood up and took responsibility. Why he doesn't do it now is down to him and it's why it should cost him his place in the 22.
The bystander effect?

What a sad lot you are on this board - We should be celebrating Zaharakis 200 game milestone, instead of the petty sniping of the last two pages.

Last edited:
Yep nows not the time to pick holes. Not every player can be elite otherwise we wouldn't use the word. He's been more than serviceable at times and a good clubman. Hopefully he has a great game and enjoys himself along with a win. The future will be what it is.

He’s such a fuccboi of a player.

Hate him for making me imagine him being an elite kid and have him leaving me on “seen”.

But then I secretly still love him and would fall for his traps every day babe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think amongst BT's ramblings last week he may have said less than 5% of AFL footballers make 200 games, it makes it quite an elite club
That includes David Mackay.

In all seriousness though, awesome work Zaka.

While David's inconsistency in defensive effort frustrates me, there is no doubt he has been an excellent player for the club over a long period of time. He deserves every bit of love and respect from the fans in celebrating an achievement not many players reach (when comparing to the number of players who have played VFL/AFL football).

Congrats Zaka on a great career thus far and keep avoiding those needles, it seems to bring you luck.

I think amongst BT's ramblings last week he may have said less than 5% of AFL footballers make 200 games, it makes it quite an elite club
It quickly became clear that BT didn't know the actual percentage and had pulled 5% from thin air.. so really all he was saying was "only some players make it to 200 games"... which when you really think about it isn't super insightful ha ha.

Regardless of the percentage, 200 is indeed an elite club. Has had some great patches over the journey, but that Anzac Day highlight alone is more than enough for me to raise a glass to his 200th.

I reckon his best game was away vs Adelaide. Can't remember which year...

But anyway, he was clear BOG. Played at his peak for 4 quarters.

I reckon his best game was away vs Adelaide. Can't remember which year...

But anyway, he was clear BOG. Played at his peak for 4 quarters.
The day Gus had a field day too?

It quickly became clear that BT didn't know the actual percentage and had pulled 5% from thin air.. so really all he was saying was "only some players make it to 200 games"... which when you really think about it isn't super insightful ha ha.

Regardless of the percentage, 200 is indeed an elite club. Has had some great patches over the journey, but that Anzac Day highlight alone is more than enough for me to raise a glass to his 200th.

Lore with actual percentage incoming?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back