Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

In: Heverin
Out: Finey

Whilst this was not a direct swap/move it just encapsulates all that has been wrong with a lot of the moves.

I mean you listen to that RoCo Finey podcast posted just a page back and that’s the kind on discussion we want not this Heverin/ McClure/ Dal Santo/ Cooney type rubbish. People want substance.

I don't get Heverin. What am I missing?

Is there a blander flavour than vanilla?

I don't get Heverin. What am I missing?

Is there a blander flavour than vanilla?

There's just something about Heverin that grates me. It's okay to be 'vanilla' - Huddo is pretty vanilla but hes a smooth host and doesn't try too hard. Heverin, whenever he's on with someone tries far too hard to get in on the 'banter' and it's just cringeworthy. Him on Off The Bench with Pickers just stinks and the morning show with Dal Santo, well.....I don't drive in the mornings anymore so I don't listen but I was driving somewhere earlier last week and had to turn off after 5 minutes. The attempt by both to sound blokey and have banter with each other when there was clearly no chemistry was just awful. I'm no Gary Lyon fan, however you can clearly see the chemistry with him and Watson, ditto Hutchy and Pickers on Saturday. I guess it's not Heverin's fault he's filling in and paired with certain blokes, but the fake laugh and try-hard humour from someone who clearly comes across as boring as hell just puts me off.

There's just something about Heverin that grates me. It's okay to be 'vanilla' - Huddo is pretty vanilla but hes a smooth host and doesn't try too hard. Heverin, whenever he's on with someone tries far too hard to get in on the 'banter' and it's just cringeworthy. Him on Off The Bench with Pickers just stinks and the morning show with Dal Santo, well.....I don't drive in the mornings anymore so I don't listen but I was driving somewhere earlier last week and had to turn off after 5 minutes. The attempt by both to sound blokey and have banter with each other when there was clearly no chemistry was just awful. I'm no Gary Lyon fan, however you can clearly see the chemistry with him and Watson, ditto Hutchy and Pickers on Saturday. I guess it's not Heverin's fault he's filling in and paired with certain blokes, but the fake laugh and try-hard humour from someone who clearly comes across as boring as hell just puts me off.

Did you know Heverin is bald? How they haven't latched onto product placement for that by now is beyond me.

Seems to be his go-to self deprecation line that is almost akin to a form of tourettes....tune in for 10 minutes at any given time when he is on air and two things are certain - you will get live read gambling odds, and he will talk about being bald.

I do want to acknowledge bland vanilla Jack Hverin’s greatest ever contribution to radio.
I’m certain this can not be topped by him.
He pretty much announces he’s having a baby with his partner. Fair enough, congrats.
Then says this (his crowning achievement):

• I’m amazed somebody let me have a baby with them

Pure gold.

I do want to acknowledge bland vanilla Jack Hverin’s greatest ever contribution to radio.
I’m certain this can not be topped by him.
He pretty much announces he’s having a baby with his partner. Fair enough, congrats.
Then says this (his crowning achievement):

• I’m amazed somebody let me have a baby with them

Pure gold.

Was that on Off the Bench? I heard something about it during that show I think.....I was more shocked by how old he is, he comes across as about 10 years younger

Was that on Off the Bench? I heard something about it during that show I think.....I was more shocked by how old he is, he comes across as about 10 years younger
I think i it was morning breakfast with Del Santo.
But stand corrected.

Spot on he tries hard. Not as bad this arvo with Wallace. Terrible on OTB last Saturday , first time ive ever turned off.

So Mark Fines show “Evenings with his Finey”

Has now after 18 months become the show with the revolving door of hosts as the original appointed host to replace Finey has become the Sen fill in guy.

Breakfast with Jack Heverin

Mornings with Jack Heverin

Afternoons with Jack Heverin

Drive with Jack Heverin

Off the bench with Jack Heverin

Has now after 18 months become the show with the revolving door of hosts as the original appointed host to replace Finey has become the Sen fill in guy.

Drive with Jack Heverin

Haha very good , actually he said he's doing it for 2 weeks.

Drive with Jack Heverin

I still don’t get the Finey obsession or mourning period.

A weekly podcast actually suits him well IMO - small doses. The immortalisation of him in this thread is baffling based on the content he produced overall. I guess it is two different flavours of unlistenable.....vanilla vs rum punch

on the subject of finey sorta 'the right time' mick hall/gavin crosisca is making a return on MSR. i always really liked the time that finey put into bloke's health, be it craig harper or talking about addictions and stuff. i know it was a turn off for a lot of listeners, i just think it was brave radio programming to try and get people - mostly blokes - talking about stuff they might not always think about talking about. i know this is the SEN thread but finey's been on the agenda all day so i think it fits.

on the subject of finey sorta 'the right time' mick hall/gavin crosisca is making a return on MSR. i always really liked the time that finey put into bloke's health, be it craig harper or talking about addictions and stuff. i know it was a turn off for a lot of listeners, i just think it was brave radio programming to try and get people - mostly blokes - talking about stuff they might not always think about talking about. i know this is the SEN thread but finey's been on the agenda all day so i think it fits.
I had Mcquarie on for awhile and it's no good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back when they had Tony Schibeci he did a Richmond podcast each week with Mitch, the whipping boy. Once Schebeci was gone so was the podcast. I believe that Andy Maher did a Carlton one as well. They had some really good content once upon a time. Not anymore.

In saying that, Hutchy must be making a motza if he can afford to lose the people that the listeners enjoy the most.

Back when they had Tony Schibeci he did a Richmond podcast each week with Mitch, the whipping boy. Once Schebeci was gone so was the podcast. I believe that Andy Maher did a Carlton one as well. They had some really good content once upon a time. Not anymore.

In saying that, Hutchy must be making a motza if he can afford to lose the people that the listeners enjoy the most.
Maher still does it and TS is no loss.

And on comes Bob Murphy

Starts talking about it being hot in hell

And off goes SEN on my radio

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

I wonder if they realise how unpopular he is or is it another case of media people being totally out of touch with normal people.

I wonder if they realise how unpopular he is or is it another case of media people being totally out of touch with normal people.
I honestly don't think they care what the public thinks of them in the media tbh

I loved Bob as a player, but as a media 'performer' I have to turn off.

His bohemian, hipster, cool dude, inner city thing is wearing thin. Him and Whateley together are unbearable.

i dont mind him, but that only lasts a few minutes.

as a player everyone loved him. skinny pasty white boy who had sublime skills. a joy to watch. i think when you won the grand final, bobs involvement on teh stage (no fault of his own)..... that's where people started to dislike of him. And here we are.

Another theory about Bobs standing on SEN. He's not what people are used to, hipsterism isn't the "norm" and therefore isn't "normal". People like structure and for things to be the same. Deviation from that = bad.

Last edited:
i dont mind him, but that only lasts a few minutes.

as a player everyone loved him. skinny pasty white boy who had sublime skills. a joy to watch. i think when you won the grand final, bobs involvement on teh stage (no fault of his own)..... that's where people started to dislike of him. And here we are.

Another theory about Bobs standing on SEN. He's not what people are used to, hipsterism isn't the "norm" and therefore isn't "normal". People like structure and for things to be the same. Deviation from that = bad.

Perhaps, it's just he's playing up the hipster thing too much. Fine to think outside the square and be a bit alternative but that doesn't appeal to the majority of listeners and radio is all about listeners.

I don't think that it's his unpopularity that's the problem. He's just one of those people who we can stand in small doses but anything more than that he's irritable as hell. A poorer Turfy. Or another example, a Gilbert McAdam or someone who's a bit rough around the edges; you can handle them for 10 mins here or there, but after that they just grate on you.

Only thing I’m interested in is if Murphy can talk football. Haven’t heard too many interesting insights on game day but not the worst analyst in a field of many s**t ones.

Garry Lyon this morning trying to explain why Dees have struggled this season...they move ball too fast and it’s the forwards fault. When Riewoldt counters Lyon just gives a ‘yeah’.

No mention of Dees defence being poor and mid has under performed. Pretty ordinary ‘analysis’ tbh and kind of lazy. I know he’s said many times during the season that he hasn’t watched certain games. For a guy who’s a morning radio host and on Couch and Fox Footy analyst it’s not good enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back