Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Criticism of Finey is bullcrap

Why because you liked him?

He is able to be criticised just like anyone else.

He was absolutely terrible imo for one reason.

He would CONTINUALLY interupt and talk over his guests. Made no difference if they were his regulars or special guests he would cut in mid sentence to put his two bobs worth in, totally interupting them mid sentence.

He had his positives but i just could not get past that and was really happy once i heard he was gone. The only thing that could have made me happier would be to have heard that Andy Maher was gone, but let's face it he's there for good.

Why because you liked him?

He is able to be criticised just like anyone else.

He was absolutely terrible imo for one reason.

He would CONTINUALLY interupt and talk over his guests. Made no difference if they were his regulars or special guests he would cut in mid sentence to put his two bobs worth in, totally interupting them mid sentence.

He had his positives but i just could not get past that and was really happy once i heard he was gone. The only thing that could have made me happier would be to have heard that Andy Maher was gone, but let's face it he's there for good.
If you read the rest of my post, you'd get your answer.

How is Andy going with Bob? Haven't listened too any of it yet. Have they started discussing about Vegan recipes and The Beatles back in '65?

I was listening today and Bob started making Native bird noises. Yes you read that correctly. He did the same last week. Scintillating radio.

The content feels a little B-grade. Something that borders on community radio.
To be fair, I don't mind Andy on radio, yet Bob can get tedious and strange (not in a good way) at times. Bob is designed for that weekly Tuesday one hour at a time stint. Just my opinion, don't know if others agree with me

I'm still giving them a go in the unlikely chance Bob starts to grow on me.

...Perhaps more so because there is nothing else to listen to on the drive home.

I was listening today and Bob started making Native bird noises. Yes you read that correctly. He did the same last week. Scintillating radio.

To be fair, I don't mind Andy on radio, yet Bob can get tedious and strange (not in a good way) at times. Bob is designed for that weekly Tuesday one hour at a time stint. Just my opinion, don't know if others agree with me

...Perhaps more so because there is nothing else to listen to on the drive home.
He woul have been doing that because in the 5 minutes I caught last week, Derm had a segment on himself as usual and was talking about his favourite bird and its call.. of course it was a bird no one has heard of with an overly long name just to try make himself sound quirky and smart - as he always is. He also went on to say that when parrots gather in trees of a night, all the chirping and chattering as the sun goes down is them telling each other what areas they found food in today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Criticism of Finey is bullcrap. I'm not saying his shows were perfect, but it was very good overall and was and contributed more to the station than what his place in the station/footy media would've expected.

A broad range of topics/themes/tones throughout the week would've had something for everybody. Conversely, there would be times you'd tune out of. But that's the nature of weekly shows like his.

It was pretty clear he put in more effort and application to his show than any other on the station earlier in the day.

Didn't have the benefit of a 20 year career as a journo or like. He was effectively a bridge between riff raff BF posters like us and those with a hardened presence in footy/sports media.

I can't say I liked all hours of his show. But from his pov, he can be justified in being proud in his work.

Gees for a moment there I had to check that Finey hadn’t passed away and this was a tribute by Dodgy! Or does Dodgy want a mention on his podcast?

He was good and I’d like him back but let’s not piss in his pocket. People have a right to criticise. Thought he could’ve been better informed on other sports and yes sometimes wasted too much time worrying about flogs.

I've tuned in and out over the past week or so and calling it b-grade community radio is putting it mildly (and a disservice to the great folks at RRR and PBS).

The amazing thing Bob Murphy has done is make Andy sound like a professional, million dollar, sold-gold radio dude.

Bob is so innocuous, so vapid and bland, Andy must be thinking he's landed in Weekend At Bernies 3.

Seriously, if a 'talent' like Bob gets to extend this experiment into a full-time caper next year, something is seriously wrong with this town. There would be dozens and dozens of people with more experience, wit, knowledge, street-smarts and basic personality for a radio gig than Bob.

I've tuned in and out over the past week or so and calling it b-grade community radio is putting it mildly (and a disservice to the great folks at RRR and PBS).

The amazing thing Bob Murphy has done is make Andy sound like a professional, million dollar, sold-gold radio dude.

Bob is so innocuous, so vapid and bland, Andy must be thinking he's landed in Weekend At Bernies 3.

Seriously, if a 'talent' like Bob gets to extend this experiment into a full-time caper next year, something is seriously wrong with this town. There would be dozens and dozens of people with more experience, wit, knowledge, street-smarts and basic personality for a radio gig than Bob.
sadly footy players jump straight to the front of the queue

What's with SEN's lack of access to the test cricketers? I heard Garry Lyon complaining the other day that Cricket Australia isn't giving them up at all but Macquirie had Travis Head yesterday.

maybe cricket australia realise sen not worthy,work experience station,low level,not enough clout,owner wants guests time for free ???

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back