Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

You learn something new everyday. Today I learnt that Peter Mitchell, who I only ever knew as a Channel 7 guy, way back as far as when I was in primary school, had actually worked for a while a Channel 9.

Woah! My mind had been blown!

Think Mitchell went to Seven around 87 when Skase took over

Christopher Skase sacked Mal Walden sevens then news reader was soon picked up by 10 and co presented with David Johnston , as Jo Pearson - Gell had been poached by nine for their new new season show

Seven got from Greg Pearce WA for a short while and replaced him with Glen Taylor? , Mitchell who was doing weekend news for seven replaced Taylor in 88 or 89 , think that’s when Jen Keyte left 10 and read the 7 weekend news to replace Mitchell when he got the main gig

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gerard has re-signed with SEN for 3 years.

Link:
Acclaimed Australian sports broadcaster and 1116 SEN Chief Sports Caller Gerard Whateley has re-signed with Melbourne’s home of sport 1116 SEN for a further three years, taking him through until 2022.

Mornings with Whateley has established a strong following, with an average of 143,000 weekly listeners

I enjoy Beefy the 365days of sport guy whenever he is on, had a good hour this evening with BP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back