Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Bob and Andy unlistenable. One of the reasons for me is the blatant promotion of aflw, talking it up at all costs.

Yeah, I have a very stern dislike for Bob Murphy.

Not sure if you had SEN on around 630, Jack Heverin had a St Kilda AFLW player on to celebrate the first goal in their history, cmon man. FMD

I like Gary and Tim in the morning but if you are going to have an athlete on saying 'we profess to not being experts in this sport doesn't cut it when it sounds like you haven't done any ******* research.

the Jorge Masvidal interview was as bad as it gets

I like Gary and Tim in the morning but if you are going to have an athlete on saying 'we profess to not being experts in this sport doesn't cut it when it sounds like you haven't done any ******* research.

Thats their main weakness. and they profess to that a lot. A good host will never admit that, as theyll do research. By saying were not experts is a cop out

Yeah, I have a very stern dislike for Bob Murphy.

Not sure if you had SEN on around 630, Jack Heverin had a St Kilda AFLW player on to celebrate the first goal in their history, cmon man. FMD
ive switched off except for about 1hr of Gary n Tim here n there,if im not busy i'll tune into dwayne but the rest ive permanately banned due to
the over saturation & nonsense,caught some of afl memebership days,thats cool,Rattens a good speaker

Thats their main weakness. and they profess to that a lot. A good host will never admit that, as theyll do research. By saying were not experts is a cop out
Did the same thing this morning with ryan broekhoff (gary did). "our experience in sport is from an afl point of view"

Yes yes I get it lets go encourage AFLW. But interviewing players like they did this morning on SEN and RSN is like interviewing VFL or TAC Cup player or state league soccer player.

That golfer was also on Sportsday last night, about 30 mins into the podcast
had to laugh when listening to this...he doesnt have his own car yet and borrows his sisters car to drive around when home in Perth,his sister happens to be the very successful womens golfer Minje Lee.
Shes worth a small fortune ..surely she can lend her young brother a bit of coin to get his own wheels ? its not as if he wont be able to pay her back...lol

Yes yes I get it lets go encourage AFLW. But interviewing players like they did this morning on SEN and RSN is like interviewing VFL or TAC Cup player or state league soccer player.

Funny thing is i doubt gary, tim, GW or even dwayne even know who the interviewed players are/were

without knowing the ins & outs of theyre contracts id sy this would be very close to truth

Its a really vexed situation. They have to promote aflw, but like a bell curve, once you reach peak, the only way is down and saturation may drive listeners away.

Love male sports but as soon as they begin talking about women's sport I turn off immediately, it irritates me to no end I find it boring as.... Is this too tough an action, should the radio be left on? [Btw a am female]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love male sports but as soon as they begin talking about women's sport I turn off immediately, it irritates me to no end I find it boring as.... Is this too tough an action, should the radio be left on? [Btw a am female]
good to hear things from a females perpective,its neither right or wrong,you sound as if like the majority of listeners youd rather have them talking about and talking with professional sports people regardless of the sport,except in your case ,female professional sports

Im the same. I give the female sport talk half an ear in the background.

Even stuff like tennis Im more likely to be interested in Rafa/Joker than any of the women.

Dunno. Maybe what were used to?

I dont mind the Aussie womens cricket team though.... but couldnt watch a whole game.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I love them too, only listen on the pod during the season but jeez I was sick of Garry saying that all the time last year! Do a bit of research to try and not sound too dumb and you'll probably be fine.

I haven’t listened to SEN for a while but flicked it on yesterday as it was North membership day and Min Woo Lee was definitely interviewed by, I think, Gerard.
Geez your lucky to hear some of North all I heard Dwayne the Fu:king Pain Russell who is one eyed NMFC hater ramble on like a real dick about every else bar the NMFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back