Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Dam missed the Gary interview was on to late for me, might have to podcast it.
And had the unfortunate problem of listening to Bob and Andy for 15 mins this arvo, they are truely shocking, crapping on about their stupid 4th year player award and Adam cerra, it’s just unlistenable radio
The interview with Wayne Weiderman was fantastic

I will have to podcast yesterdays show at some point today. Seems like a goody.

Garry and Tim are fantastic. No issues.

Gerard thinks he is Gandhi, * off. He isn't that bad, but needs to stop with the intros.

Derwayne is almost unlistenable now. His focus on midday madness takes away the point of talk-back radio. Correct me if I'm wrong, talk back radio is a discussion forum. Derwayne and his s**t show just focus' on getting through as many callers as possible. The calls become statements with a 10 second uninterested response from Derwyane. His show uninterested it hurts, he cannot fake it anymore if he tried to.

Kane Cornes is good, but is extremely limited.

Bob and Andy are the most left wing people on radio. ******* jamming AFLW down our throats everyday. I dont mind the show, the best on the AM band at that time.

Dont get me started on the amount of betting promotions. Get the advertising during the breaks but now I swear you get an hourly update like you do with traffic and news.

I will have to podcast yesterdays show at some point today. Seems like a goody.

Garry and Tim are fantastic. No issues.

Gerard thinks he is Gandhi, fu** off. He isn't that bad, but needs to stop with the intros.

Derwayne is almost unlistenable now. His focus on midday madness takes away the point of talk-back radio. Correct me if I'm wrong, talk back radio is a discussion forum. Derwayne and his sh*t show just focus' on getting through as many callers as possible. The calls become statements with a 10 second uninterested response from Derwyane. His show uninterested it hurts, he cannot fake it anymore if he tried to.

Kane Cornes is good, but is extremely limited.

Bob and Andy are the most left wing people on radio. ******* jamming AFLW down our throats everyday. I dont mind the show, the best on the AM band at that time.

Dont get me started on the amount of betting promotions. Get the advertising during the breaks but now I swear you get an hourly update like you do with traffic and news.

👏

Gerard as Gandhi - perfect description. The sweeping, over dramatic, theatrical intros which put sport on the level of life and death are good when used sparingly, but not daily.

The betting ads are a joke. I don’t need to hear an ‘update’ on the odds at 8am like it’s breaking news. The normalisation of betting is disgusting. In general the amount of ads on SEN and anything Hutchison is involved with is a joke, but we all know that.

👏

Gerard as Gandhi - perfect description. The sweeping, over dramatic, theatrical intros which put sport on the level of life and death are good when used sparingly, but not daily.

The betting ads are a joke. I don’t need to hear an ‘update’ on the odds at 8am like it’s breaking news. The normalisation of betting is disgusting. In general the amount of ads on SEN and anything Hutchison is involved with is a joke, but we all know that.
At times recently i've gone over to AW and they have just as many adds , betting as well.

👏

watching (the) front bar last night, they had aflw "star" georgie parker do the sportsbet odds. suppose GP gotta bay the bills, but its on sportsbet here. wait if she's a registered player can she present betting stuff? *just checked she was delisted in 2019. play on

At times recently i've gone over to AW and they have just as many adds , betting as well.

hutchy

watching (the) front bar last night, they had aflw "star" georgie parker do the sportsbet odds. suppose GP gotta bay the bills, but its on sportsbet here. wait if she's a registered player can she present betting stuff? *just checked she was delisted in 2019. play on

hutchy
Hutchy what

ratings.jpg

Not too much change in the overall SEN ratings, stuck in the low 3s. Gerard up half a point, Bob and Andy down half a point.

Hutchy will celebrating the big gains in the lucrative 55+ age cohorts.

ah yeah... I recorded and edited the first hour of Monday night's Sportsday on 3aw. Mondays includes that woman doing the short advertorial for Country Racing Victoria. I 'generously' left in the 40-seconds or so of the non-racing-related 'bants' she had with Healy and McClure.
Cutting out all ads, betting spots and news, the first hour had 33 mins and 25 seconds of content. Thanks, Hutchy. I wonder if he can squeeze in another betting spot before the year is out. :tongueoutv1:

Last edited:
ah yeah... I recorded and edited the first hour of Monday night's Sportsday on 3aw. On Mondays they have that woman doing the advertorial for Country Racing Victoria. I 'generously' left in the 40-seconds or so of the non-racing-related 'bants' she had with Healy and McClure.
Cutting out all ads, betting spots and news, the first hour had 33 mins and 25 seconds of content. Thanks, Hutchy. I wonder if he can squeeze in another betting spot before the year is out. :tongueoutv1:
I don't listen to that . I listened to their pre match the other day as Hargraves was on SEN and it's unbearable.

ah yeah... I recorded and edited the first hour of Monday night's Sportsday on 3aw. Mondays includes that woman doing the short advertorial for Country Racing Victoria. I 'generously' left in the 40-seconds or so of the non-racing-related 'bants' she had with Healy and McClure.

It’s genuine s*** now. Was must listen radio in the late 90s to mid 00s and even up to
five or six years ago. Then it was cut to an hour taken over by Hutchison and now it’s rubbish. Not worth the trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s genuine s*** now. Was must listen radio in the late 90s to mid 00s and even up to
five or six years ago. Then it was cut to an hour taken over by Hutchison and now it’s rubbish. Not worth the trouble.
I still think it's better than anything being offered up on SEN. Good roster of regular guests - Lethal, Richo and Matty Lloyd. Caro used to be on Tuesdays, but she's gone now (not offered enough $$??)

And I just love listening to Gerard get tongue-tied and his other slips of the tongue.

I podcast it, so most of the betting ads get cut out. Although the dreadful Spider Everett "ad" sometimes slips in. Easy enough to press the +30 button a few times and nuke the segment.

Anyone been doing the live SEN at Marvel under the WiFi? Thought it was alright last week, will probably do it again if I sit on level 1.

And risk hearing derwayne and Sam

Yeah, not the best team but it is nice to have a bit of visibility if you're sitting on L1 near the goals or something. Especially when you support North, and it's usually down the other end lol

Saw finey last night at the footy. Poor man. Needs to get back on the waves, last night would've been must listen radio.
Hutchie is all about the ratings with zero intregity why wouldn't he bring back Finey? He was the best thing on that station.

I can just imagine Dad and the kids in the car listening in and the kids asking ‘Daddy, what’s Tinder?’. Real family friendly radio...
Its obviously targeted at younger people. Around my age group. I just dont understand why he thinks that makes good radio. Sometimes he even asks do you know how Tinder works? * off mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back