Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

KB and Doc. It barely worked on Sport 927 so what made them think it was a good idea to squeeze them into Drive. It's snoozeworthy radio.

This USA sport spot after 7pm is beyond lame. It's just some hack quizzing low level yank sports types about whether they've heard of Australia. Pathetic. Pay for your own backpacking trip.

This USA sport spot after 7pm is beyond lame. It's just some hack quizzing low level yank sports types about whether they've heard of Australia. Pathetic. Pay for your own backpacking trip.

Not listening but the bloke who hosts it has not shown any knowledge of sport on the various mediums I've seen/heard him yet somehow he gets to jetset around the world to all these top events and 'report' back. And before you ask, yes I am jealous.

Not listening but the bloke who hosts it has not shown any knowledge of sport on the various mediums I've seen/heard him yet somehow he gets to jetset around the world to all these top events and 'report' back. And before you ask, yes I am jealous.

Who is it?

I barely listen anymore.

Oh just crashed the car.

Oh jingos

KB - "Doc, according to today's poll, 5% of listener's fall asleep at the footy. They would be Freo supporters, Doc. 13% fall asleep in front of the TV, which is a surprise to me, I thought that would have been much higher, especially when Freo are playing. Now, 29% fall asleep at work, Doc. 29% - can you believe that?"

Doc - "Yes, I'd go along with that, KB, happens here all the time..."

KB - "29%, Doc - I like that number."

Doc - "I know you do, KB. I know you do. Get on with it..."

KB - "About to fall asleep, Doc? Well, maybe this will help you, because, according to the poll, called in by our listeners on the world-famous SEN talk-back number, 53% of them fall asleep during our show. 53% DOC!!!"

Doc - "Makes you think what the other 47% are doing. Probably drinking."

KB - "53% - I'm guessing we're helping the listeners with their afternoon nap, Doc. Now, are you one for afternoon naps, Doc?"

Doc - "You need to ask, KB?"

KB - "Oh, Doc, well then, you have a nap, because up next we have one of our favourites coming up, Terry Wallace. Bet he's never taken a nap on air, Doc."

That’s Australians in general please America like me!
Have u heard of Afl? Aussie rules? Cringeworthy how we want the world to think we’re a big player

Persisting with the silly embarrassing singing segment with Bob.
Hipster dufus is not witty or clever in my view.

Makes his assessments in football seem less, as he’s embarrassing himself.

He’s not a good singer at all.
That’s the single first issue, it’s not good on the ears.

Credit to morning show before 8am. Lots of discussion (one way) about the mighty Liverpools performance. Letting callers have their say. of course lyon and watson dont know much about the game but were perfect as hosts. of course they tied it back to afl footy asking if a team would celebrate like that after winning a prelim final. Similar but not the same.

Persisting with the silly embarrassing singing segment with Bob.
Hipster dufus is not witty or clever in my view.

Makes his assessments in football seem less, as he’s embarrassing himself.

He’s not a good singer at all.
That’s the single first issue, it’s not good on the ears.
I got in the car and couldn't believe what I was hearing , it's an embarrassment to SEN.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got in the car and couldn't believe what I was hearing , it's an embarrassment to SEN.
As a once off, ok.

But unfortunately all jokes aside, he’s a dreadful singer. So logic dictates don’t sing.

Very odd they keep, it going.
I even felt Tim was doing his best to pretend it was good. The awkward laughs etc.

As a once off, ok.

But unfortunately all jokes aside, he’s a dreadful singer. So logic dictates don’t sing.

I even felt Tim was doing his best to pretend it was good. The awkward laughs etc.
I noticed that with Tim , it was cringeworthy .

It’s a great shame.

SEN was far better than this.
It’s like they decided to clean the prawn but instead of removing the poo sack, they kept that and got rid of the rest of the prawn.

That’s Australians in general please America like me!
Have u heard of Afl? Aussie rules? Cringeworthy
Credit to morning show before 8am. Lots of discussion (one way) about the mighty Liverpools performance. Letting callers have their say. of course lyon and watson dont know much about the game but were perfect as hosts. of course they tied it back to afl footy asking if a team would celebrate like that after winning a prelim final. Similar but not the same.

Except when Andy Maher rang up... the famous Liverpool and Patriots fan.

As a once off, ok.

Thats the problem with aussie footy media. They blow smoke up each others arses, they cant criticise or else risk burning bridges. And cause footy is a domestic sport, if they are ostracised by the code, what else can they actually do?

Hopefully tim or gary just say ok bob that's enough singing. but they build him upto something big.

Except when Andy Maher rang up... the famous Liverpool and Patriots fan.

i laughed when they asked if hes been a LFC fan like being a pats fan (for the past 12 months)

After a questionable genesis with Hamish and McClure, Garry and Whispers have developed great chemistry and rapport for mine. Tim plays the naive/senile fool and Garry the curmudgeon with aplomb

Really? I haven't really gathered that from them tbh. Just feel they're too pretty knowledgable older blokes who have a pretty classic sense of humour. Some of the little jokes when Tim subtly takes the piss out of The Field Marshall or Mike Sheahan is great.
Enjoy listening to them every day during footy season on the podcast.

Really? I haven't really gathered that from them tbh. Just feel they're too pretty knowledgable older blokes who have a pretty classic sense of humour. Some of the little jokes when Tim subtly takes the piss out of The Field Marshall or Mike Sheahan is great.
Enjoy listening to them every day during footy season on the podcast.
Yeah I was exaggerating probably and forecasting their roles into the future lol
They’re decent is what I’m basically saying

As mentioned previously in the thread overnights is rubbish now a days. I happened to have it on very early on Monday morning and they replayed an interview where they previewed the Friday night game that was played a few days prior.

As mentioned previously in the thread overnights is rubbish now a days. I happened to have it on very early on Monday morning and they replayed an interview where they previewed the Friday night game that was played a few days prior.
Bring back Parkin Cooney or Richter with camero apperences from Howard Leigh Peakey and Christen Argenti

I think eventually they might go down the path of syndicating 5-6 hours of radio from an overseas sports-station (probably the US) in the same way that MSR does. It's very Hutchy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back