Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

How did Harf go this morning? I'm on holidays and be stuffed if I'm getting up early to listen
Well I tuned in and there were a couple of pre-recorded interviews which were of appalling quality. Could barely understand what was being said.
Harf is Harf, full of enthusiasm, boisterous, but he seems out of place with the rest of the fossils on 927 with little support. Desperately needs his wing woman in Rita Panahi.

Not that anyone will give a s**t, but my thoughts on their Mon-Fri (I actually really enjoy their Friday night and Saturday AFL coverage, Sundays are crap though)

Lyon - Like him
Frawley - Is he even on Mon-Fri? I don't mind him anyway
Watson - Cannot stand him, Essendon bias aside he talks so much s**t
Hamish - Worst of the lot
McClure - Self important flog
KB - Master troll
Leach - He is OK I guess, not the best but far from the worst
Mark and the Ox - Actually like this pairing which seems a bit unpopular
Finey - Only listen when he is on with Connolly doing the teams and tips on a Thursday night

Not that anyone will give a s**t, but my thoughts on their Mon-Fri (I actually really enjoy their Friday night and Saturday AFL coverage, Sundays are crap though)

Lyon - Like him
KB - Master troll
Finey - Only listen when he is on with Connolly doing the teams and tips on a Thursday night

I agree with most of that. I don't mind Watson though and KB gives me the shits. It's even worse with regularly having Denham, Smith and Waldron on his show.

Marko and the Ox on the run home is the greatest pairing imo. Regularly have me in stitches

Lyon - Like him
KB - Master troll

I agree with most of that. I don't mind Watson though and KB gives me the shits. It's even worse with regularly having Denham, Smith and Waldron on his show.

Marko and the Ox on the run home is the greatest pairing imo. Regularly have me in stitches

Yeah individually Ox and Marko amount to little. Together they are Australia's very own Dumb and Dumber.

KB is a very funny guy IMO. Trolling his guests can be funny - surely the only reason Denham has a gig.

Never been a big fan of Lyon - has a massive negative undertone to him. But he works well with Watson IMO. Always enjoyed Tim's dryness - with EFC he is hopelessly compromised and I think he recognised that and eventually stepped away from SEN during the drugs thing.

Frawley just seems to be a limited guy - not sure what he offers. Can't tolerate Hame and McLure. Smugness may be a problem with breakfast SEN - Lyon and Watson will have their work cut out balancing it out. Can see Lyon taking McLure apart at various stages.

Yeah individually Ox and Marko amount to little. Together they are Australia's very own Dumb and Dumber.

KB is a very funny guy IMO. Trolling his guests can be funny - surely the only reason Denham has a gig.

Never been a big fan of Lyon - has a massive negative undertone to him. But he works well with Watson IMO. Always enjoyed Tim's dryness - with EFC he is hopelessly compromised and I think he recognised that and eventually stepped away from SEN during the drugs thing.

Frawley just seems to be a limited guy - not sure what he offers. Can't tolerate Hame and McLure. Smugness may be a problem with breakfast SEN - Lyon and Watson will have their work cut out balancing it out. Can see Lyon taking McLure apart at various stages.
Ham is smugness personified, cannot stand the prick.

KB was ok, but over time he just gets annoying. The best guest he has is Jason Richardson (who imo is one of the best media performers across all media streams)

KB is terrible, I can't believe people think he is remotely good.

Looking forward to seeing how the new breakfast show goes!

Out - Mark Allen, knowledge of all sport except for golf minimal, tries to hide this by trying to be funny.

In -Chuck Berry

TBH I haven't really found Chuck to be all that impressive. Just a bit meh and a bit part player at best

I think he was a bit nervous but I was surprised with his knowledge of several sports. Sounded like he had researched.

I was probably the opposite I didn't think he followed other sports enough.

That's why I loved Harf on the arvos as he seamlessly switched from sport to sport and had a fair grasp on all of them

I was probably the opposite I didn't think he followed other sports enough.

That's why I loved Harf on the arvos as he seamlessly switched from sport to sport and had a fair grasp on all of them
Agree Harf has a strong knowledge of cricket, American sports, horse racing and soccer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree Harf has a strong knowledge of cricket, American sports, horse racing and soccer.

Add tennis, netball and he even tried to dabble in the rugby. He was well researched even if he didn't know what he was talking about it sounded like he did.

Whereas with chuck he sounds like a fish out of water with anything outside of cricket.

Add tennis, netball and he even tried to dabble in the rugby. He was well researched even if he didn't know what he was talking about it sounded like he did.

Whereas with chuck he sounds like a fish out of water with anything outside of cricket.
Played under 19's at St.Kilda and did his best when it came to other sports. Probably not a natural radio presenter.
Mark Allen on the other hand is a f***wit

Don't mind having Berry even if his general knowledge isn't outstanding. SEN in general have treated cricket poorly - Dawson and Hogg don't count - so to have someone who can talk cricket intelligently in summer makes sense, considering a decent amount of their target market would be keen on cricket. Should have happened years ago.

Don't mind having Berry even if his general knowledge isn't outstanding. SEN in general have treated cricket poorly - Dawson and Hogg don't count - so to have someone who can talk cricket intelligently in summer makes sense, considering a decent amount of their target market would be keen on cricket. Should have happened years ago.

Agree. Cricket is still the main summer sport and to have not had a presenter with a cricket background until now was remiss of SEN imo. After all they have Marco (golf) and had Gazey (basketball) as permenant presenters even though their sports are less significant than cricket. Berry's not sensational but, yep, definitely better than Hogg and Smokey.

I love when KB predicts the margin that Richmond will beat Carlton by. And when he buys hes Carlton membership for the trolls.

Agree. Cricket is still the main summer sport and to have not had a presenter with a cricket background until now was remiss of SEN imo. After all they have Marco (golf) and had Gazey (basketball) as permenant presenters even though their sports are less significant than cricket. Berry's not sensational but, yep, definitely better than Hogg and Smokey.

That is a very good point and have never really thought of it that way. I don't mind Chuck as a fill in / short segment but can't see him in a full time hosting roll.

Actually after listening to Leach on afternoons the shift suits him better as he's not a funny man so when he tries it's cringeworthy. Will be a better solo host than Maher who needs the back and forward banter to be even half entertaining.

Didn't mind it TBH.

McLaughlin is a prat but he makes a decent radio host, wWatson is bareable despite the Essendon bias because at least your listening to someone semi coherent compared to Schwarze, Lyon has always been decent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back