Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Simple don't listen , I just turn off when i don't like it .
I give it a chance usually when I’m driving but turning it off virtually every time …it’s reached a new lower level of rubbish.

Mark Allen is being touted as a full time replacement for Russell Howcroft on 3AW breakfast.
That would be a big win in my mind. Howcroft is appalling. The many 3AW Breakfast listeners that I know cannot stand him. Not enough breadth in his contribution. He is limited to talking about Melbourne FC and business ('Mr Digital Transformation"). Does not fit with a breakfast radio program based on entertainment, a bit of irreverence, a bit of sport, a bit of informative content. Marko gels with Ross Stevenson.

Couldn't really give a stuff about Perth , i give a stuff on what's happening to the station as a whole .
I've been off sick for a few days with covid so have had lots of time to listen to the station from 10am to 5. It is filled with lots ofcrap. Full of ads, everything is sponsored, on air segments are filled with sponsor mentions, sports betting infiltrates every program, they played news from another state at least twice while I was listening, Russell's 3 hours on air is mind numbing level bad.

Sam Edmund who took over from whateley yesterday was very good, give him a full time hosting gig.

Im not sure marko would be the answer. limited, golf (which he is very good at talking about), and a bit of footy. need someone who can slalom through various caterogies including sport, politics, medicine, law, industry, commerce.
who ever is on just plays second fiddle to Ross, cant stand russ though, marko was ok i thought, not sure why the changed from burns.

who ever is on just plays second fiddle to Ross, cant stand russ though, marko was ok i thought, not sure why the changed from burns.
Burns was pushed out by 3AW Management under the veil of “retirement“ he was 75, I found Howcroft an unusual choice for his replacement, he’s definitely an acquired taste

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It must've been another day, because Garry and Tim weren't on this morning. Podcast? ;) "Irregardless", one silly thing about their comments is that those 2 pretty much NEVER listen to their own station, but I'm sure they expect us to. It amuses me that Tim regularly mentions US podcasts he listens to, but references something he's heard on SEN about once a year.
Might have been Der-Wayne both times...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back