Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I was listening to 774 ABC yesterday morning and the topic was people who had done a 180 degree turn in their careers. The first talkback caller was Mark and that he used to be a radio presenter. Said he lost his job when the radio station he worked at had a change of ownership. He explained that he bought a delicatessen from a mate and how much he enjoyed it.
Was great to hear Finey back on the airwaves, even if it was only as a talkback caller.
If you're interested, he does this weekly podcast with Brian Mannix and Kevin Hillier. They ramble about sport, some general news, old music, and dumb crap they did during the week.

If you're interested, he does this weekly podcast with Brian Mannix and Kevin Hillier. They ramble about sport, some general news, old music, and dumb crap they did during the week.

I ran into Brian Mannix at Westfield (Airport West), a few months ago. I had to ask him about Marty Sheargold, I couldn't help myself. Probably the funniest 15 mins, I've ever heard. Lol. Add in the story about the shark, Sam Newman and the boat, that did me...

I ran into Brian Mannix at Westfield (Airport West), a few months ago. I had to ask him about Marty Sheargold, I couldn't help myself. Probably the funniest 15 mins, I've ever heard. Lol. Add in the story about the shark, Sam Newman and the boat, that did me...
Good stuff. I knew he lived there but recently moved to QLD. All the times going up Parer Rd I hoped to bump into him but alas, no.

I used to listen to that podcast when it first started but had forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me.

About the 2 min mark.
He needs to be brought back to SEN. He has the knack of engaging with the listener.
What does he have to do>

I had 15 minutes on the radio with the pipe, he did his little “what’s coming up in the show “ with de stoop and the binocular chat started there, news, and then some clown rang him ( and got on) and questioned his choice of binoc....and off he went, as I said, a quiet pull over his binoculars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wull Hutchy send Whately over to the superbowl again this year? Looks like another Aussie (Jordan Mailata) will be participating.
Gerard heading over to call the game along with Nathan Buckley. I understand American sport is not everyone's up of tea, but it's a fantastic few days of listening as they soak in the build up and speak to knowledgable guests.

Gerard heading over to call the game along with Nathan Buckley. I understand American sport is not everyone's up of tea, but it's a fantastic few days of listening as they soak in the build up and speak to knowledgable guests.
Buckley? Interesting. Bucks is a pretty switched on person, as much as a figjam he may be, his insight into sport is really good.

i like your avatar.

Sending them to the SB is kind of embarrassing. The idea of the interviews etc is cool, but who is broadcasting the game actually for apart from Gerard?

He just keeps repeating himself , still reckons he hasn't got enough time
Hasnt got enough time but keeps repeating himself "we havent covered that, but thats the good thing about midday maddness you call you get on, we'll get to dave, sammy, bevo, potty, john from port augusta after these messages"

A lot of filler in the second half of Sports Today, which is prerecorded. They came a cropper during the Tennis when Healy was obsessed with the crescendo of a game right up till 7, then, after 7 - with it still going. - there was no reference to it, there couldn't be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back