Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm, nice spin, Hutch-blob :D "Strong"? Hmmm

CROCMEDIA ACHIEVES STRONG SURVEY 2 RESULTS
BY CROCMEDIA 6 DAYS AGO

Among the highlights, 1116 SEN achieved a year-on-year cume increase with 281,630 listeners tuning in weekly and Whateley dominated as the number one show 9am midday (Mon-Thurs) in Melbourne for the highest time spent listening (4 hours 40 minutes across the week - males 35 – 54).

Breakfast with Garry Lyon & Tim Watson was the No 1 sport podcast in Australia with Whateley in 2nd position – with just shy of 600,000 podcast downloads between them. Both also ranked in the top 10 of all Australian podcasts for the period.

Bob & Andy – were up year-on-year to 60,281 listeners each week in the drive slot – their laconic sport chat proving a winner with listeners.

While Sportsday with Malcolm Blight and David Wildy - which Crocmedia produces for FIVEaa, was number one in its timeslot achieving a 9.6% share (Males 25-54).

Pacific Star Network and Crocmedia Chief Executive Officer Craig Hutchison said the station aimed to be a support for the community during COVID-19.

“We’d like to thank our listeners for sticking with their SEN experience and coming together with us as we all navigate the hardships of COVID-19,” Hutchison said.

“Like everyone we’ve pivoted and our consistent audience growth shows that the community-based content we are producing is playing a small role being a daily companion to audiences in tough times.

“Texts and calls to our radio station are at an all-time high and our digital platforms have never performed better as people consume content and information in ways that best suit them.

Our video views for example were up 605% on last year and we had 47,500 podcast listens per day across our network.

“We’d like to thank all of our commercial partners for continuing their support during this time, our incredible on-air talent for the profound relationships they have built with our audience and our content team lead by Sam Thompson, for their agility and tenacity – especially with talent working from home studios which has added another layer of complexity,” Hutchison said.

In March Crocmedia also launched three ‘pop-up’ radio stations to be known as SENTrack to support Australia’s racing, harness and greyhound industries - in Melbourne on 1377; in Perth on the 657 AM frequency and in Wollongong, NSW, on 1575 AM.

“SENTrack presented an opportunity to innovate and support Australia’s racing, harness and greyhound industries while those sports are still able to operate under COVID-19 guidelines.

“The response so far has been terrific and we will shortly announce plans for a roll out of SENTrack more broadly across the country,” Hutchison added.

Other highlights include:
• Great Australian Lives on 3AW is the number one show in its timeslot for audience and share, with 45,000 listeners and a 18.3% share (All ppl, 10+)
• Sportsday on 6PR increased its share from 3.7 to 4.7% (All ppl, 10+)
• Sportszone Sydney increased its share from 1.9% to 2.4% for Males 25-54

Sources:
GfK Radio Ratings Surveys
Digital Figures as of 12th April 2020 for the period 5 March 2019 – 5 March 2020
Digital analytics sourced from Google Analytics
Australian Podcast Ranker 15th Feb – 15th March 2020

Bob & Andy – were up year-on-year to 60,281 listeners each week in the drive slot – their laconic sport chat proving a winner with listeners.
Great podcast stats for Gary and Tim and whateley.... But this part of the statement made me laugh.

Laconic sport chat to describe the maher and Murphy program? That's funny, nice joke. I'd use other adjectives.

Hmmm, nice spin, Hutch-blob :D "Strong"? Hmmm

CROCMEDIA ACHIEVES STRONG SURVEY 2 RESULTS
BY CROCMEDIA 6 DAYS AGO

Among the highlights, 1116 SEN achieved a year-on-year cume increase with 281,630 listeners tuning in weekly and Whateley dominated as the number one show 9am midday (Mon-Thurs) in Melbourne for the highest time spent listening (4 hours 40 minutes across the week - males 35 – 54).

Breakfast with Garry Lyon & Tim Watson was the No 1 sport podcast in Australia with Whateley in 2nd position – with just shy of 600,000 podcast downloads between them. Both also ranked in the top 10 of all Australian podcasts for the period.

While Sportsday with Malcolm Blight and David Wildy - which Crocmedia produces for FIVEaa, was number one in its timeslot achieving a 9.6% share (Males 25-54).

Pacific Star Network and Crocmedia Chief Executive Officer Craig Hutchison said the station aimed to be a support for the community during COVID-19.

“We’d like to thank our listeners for sticking with their SEN experience and coming together with us as we all navigate the hardships of COVID-19,” Hutchison said.

“Like everyone we’ve pivoted and our consistent audience growth shows that the community-based content we are producing is playing a small role being a daily companion to audiences in tough times.

“Texts and calls to our radio station are at an all-time high and our digital platforms have never performed better as people consume content and information in ways that best suit them.

Our video views for example were up 605% on last year and we had 47,500 podcast listens per day across our network.

“We’d like to thank all of our commercial partners for continuing their support during this time, our incredible on-air talent for the profound relationships they have built with our audience and our content team lead by Sam Thompson, for their agility and tenacity – especially with talent working from home studios which has added another layer of complexity,” Hutchison said.

In March Crocmedia also launched three ‘pop-up’ radio stations to be known as SENTrack to support Australia’s racing, harness and greyhound industries - in Melbourne on 1377; in Perth on the 657 AM frequency and in Wollongong, NSW, on 1575 AM.

“SENTrack presented an opportunity to innovate and support Australia’s racing, harness and greyhound industries while those sports are still able to operate under COVID-19 guidelines.

“The response so far has been terrific and we will shortly announce plans for a roll out of SENTrack more broadly across the country,” Hutchison added.

Other highlights include:
• Great Australian Lives on 3AW is the number one show in its timeslot for audience and share, with 45,000 listeners and a 18.3% share (All ppl, 10+)
• Sportsday on 6PR increased its share from 3.7 to 4.7% (All ppl, 10+)
• Sportszone Sydney increased its share from 1.9% to 2.4% for Males 25-54

Sources:
GfK Radio Ratings Surveys
Digital Figures as of 12th April 2020 for the period 5 March 2019 – 5 March 2020
Digital analytics sourced from Google Analytics
Australian Podcast Ranker 15th Feb – 15th March 2020

Go to the ASX not the PR handout.

Hutchy is under pressure.

Great podcast stats for Gary and Tim and whateley.... But this part of the statement made me laugh.

Laconic sport chat to describe the maher and Murphy program? That's funny, nice joke. I'd use other adjectives.

given his afl background there's every chance he meant lethargic.

one of the most uninsightful time wasting members from a crop of ex footballers turned sports/football commentators that includes both Cameron Ling & Wayne Carey...theyre just timewasters,thing is they know it themselves

this guy is too much,cant stand him

Maybe take a break from the station, listen to some music instead? It might be good for your welfare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe take a break from the station, listen to some music instead? It might be good for your welfare.
thing is ive listened to Tim & Gary on and off over past 9 weeks w/o a problem, then the other day up bob's this idiotic song hijacking
what was a good balanced program whilst i was making my breakfast,so i had to switch off
other than the morning show,Dwayne's show & the hilarious banter of the horse racing crew,it seems every time i tune in for a healthy dose of sport all i hear is absolute tripe from Gerrard in particular,who is in his element when it comes to cricket but not much else unfortunately & the 2 bores that soak up the middle to late afternoon.
if i wanted to tune into a current affairs program i'll watch the news on television or listen to 3AW or the ABC
when this station paints itself as 24/7 sports station i expect to hear topics on sport, i dont expect or want to hear Gerrards view on things happening outside the realms of sport
He should go back to where he came from if hes going to continue to be a conductor of current affairs
ive listened to the guy for a total of about 3 minutes over the past 9 weeks,the guys nuthin but a pusher
without David King & Crash Craddock the guys got nothin imo....its only my opinion : )

I don't have a problem with the occassional talk of something that is of importance at the time.......there has been plenty of talk about the virus, fair enough to keep SEN listeners in the loop and up to date without having to change stations.....if he was talking about the accident that claimed 4 police officers, well thats ok too imo. It was a shocking thing that happened and a big interest to a lot of people.

...it's not often they talk general current affairs, only if its a big deal at the time.

I don't have a problem with the occassional talk of something that is of importance at the time.......there has been plenty of talk about the virus, fair enough to keep SEN listeners in the loop and up to date without having to change stations.....if he was talking about the accident that claimed 4 police officers, well thats ok too imo. It was a shocking thing that happened and a big interest to a lot of people.

...it's not often they talk general current affairs, only if its a big deal at the time.
Well said

Same dance different step was Maher & Connolly on the US presidency count, live. As the votes came in, Trump is doing better we thought, oops whats going on, where are these results coming from, Americans arent that stupid ....

Condolences to VicPol & the families of the deceased.

Same dance different step was Maher & Connolly on the US presidency count, live. As the votes came in, Trump is doing better we thought, oops whats going on, where are these results coming from, Americans arent that stupid ....
That was a good afternoon of radio. Handled the callers reasonably well too even though the type of people to call up about that sort of topic are generally at least a little unhinged.

thing is ive listened to Tim & Gary on and off over past 9 weeks w/o a problem, then the other day up bob's this idiotic song hijacking
what was a good balanced program whilst i was making my breakfast,so i had to switch off
other than the morning show,Dwayne's show & the hilarious banter of the horse racing crew,it seems every time i tune in for a healthy dose of sport all i hear is absolute tripe from Gerrard in particular,who is in his element when it comes to cricket but not much else unfortunately & the 2 bores that soak up the middle to late afternoon.
if i wanted to tune into a current affairs program i'll watch the news on television or listen to 3AW or the ABC
when this station paints itself as 24/7 sports station i expect to hear topics on sport, i dont expect or want to hear Gerrards view on things happening outside the realms of sport
He should go back to where he came from if hes going to continue to be a conductor of current affairs
ive listened to the guy for a total of about 3 minutes over the past 9 weeks,the guys nuthin but a pusher
without David King & Crash Craddock the guys got nothin imo....its only my opinion : )
100% agree with you regarding whately. Sounds like he wants to run for parliament half the time.

Waiting for Crocmedia to “Jump the Shark” by announcing that they have Crocodile Dundee hosting a radio & podcast show on Crocodiles

images

Go to the ASX not the PR handout.

Hutchy is under pressure.

PNW has been in a trading halt since March 18, until at least May 1. That's a very long time for a listed company to be off the market.

Clearly they've had some issues in securing/rolling over funding, or else this should have been announced to the market by now. (I have another theory too about this length of time, but it's just a personal view.)

Next week there should be an announcement and the company should re-list by May 1. If they request another extension, the regulators should step in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back