Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

For 23 years he battled ABC'S Jon Faine for that morning slot. Ah yes, Jon Faine, the one who wouldn't go a day without quoting Monbiot and spruiking Capitalism as a failed "experiment". And then half an hour after going off-air pondered which of his seven classic cars needed it's dwell angle set. This Jon Faine, who arrogantly when The Australian printed his salary at 300K, exclaimed "They're wrong!! I earn much more than that!!" Mitchell's a stooge, but he gives voice to the non-welfare suburban belt in a way Aunty can never, will never.

That's fine. I am non welfare suburban belt. He does not represent me.Thank God for that.

Last edited:
Hard to understand any suggestion of a national sports network, given the recent failure of bits of Fairfax, there just isnt a national audience outside the horses.

'Pacific Star is also launching a national racing radio network, after moving to borrow up to $28.5m from Commonwealth Bank in early May, and also announced the sale of its 1377AM radio licence to the Paterson family’s Ace Radio network for $4.5m on Friday to help its balance sheet.
“The opportunity to own and run a commercial licence in Sydney is rare, and on a station and signal that has built an audience and a following,” Mr Hutchison told the ASX. “It made sense to plan for the long term.”

It is true commercial licences don't come up often. I think they paid overs for it. I agree, a sports station launch in Sydney could bring the whole company down if it failed.

To get a sports station up and going he would need the rights back for NRL Nation in Sydney and even then they would be up against the massive 2GB call and Triple M.

Is Sky Sports Radio in Sydney basically the same as TAB Radio and RSN?

Does anyone know why Sam Edmund replaced Peter Donegan as host of This Is Your Sporting Life?

Just listened to the Ian Robertson interview. It seemed like Sam had no idea who he was and was reading everything off a script. Was a terrible interview. I think given his age he wouldn’t know many players well before 1990s era?

Donegan was good. He had good relationships with older players and had some good inside stories to chat with them about.

Seems an odd choice to replace him but maybe he left on his own accord.

SEN losing a lot of what people like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know why Sam Edmund replaced Peter Donegan as host of This Is Your Sporting Life?

Just listened to the Ian Robertson interview. It seemed like Sam had no idea who he was and was reading everything off a script. Was a terrible interview. I think given his age he wouldn’t know many players well before 1990s era?

Donegan was good. He had good relationships with older players and had some good inside stories to chat with them about.

lost it a loooooong time ago,its all about the $$$$$....very boring station when u break it down,a lot of drivel and not many quality sports personalities
and stars on consistently enough for a 24/7 sports channel....lets face it, IT IS NOT a sports channel in the real sense of the word
you only need look at the saturday 9am -12pm slot to get an indication of that...i mean WTF is that garbage

lost it a loooooong time ago,its all about the $$$$$....very boring station when u break it down,a lot of drivel and not many quality sports personalities
and stars on consistently enough for a 24/7 sports channel....lets face it, IT IS NOT a sports channel in the real sense of the word
you only need look at the saturday 9am -12pm slot to get an indication of that...i mean WTF is that garbage
A good 3 hours , but was better with Turfy.

I noticed recently that Hutchy has replaced a lot of the weekend news breaks with more ads and betting spots.
Lolzoes when John The Quail Man rang him yesterday to tell him he must get Turfy back on Off The Bench. "I used to kill myself laughing, but now it's not the same"
I've said before that Hutchy's fake laughing is out of control, but it's recently reached FM breakfast show levels :D

I noticed recently that Hutchy has replaced a lot of the weekend news breaks with more ads and betting spots.
Lolzoes when John The Quail Man rang him yesterday to tell him he must get Turfy back on Off The Bench. "I used to kill myself laughing, but now it's not the same"
I've said before that Hutchy's fake laughing is out of control, but it's recently reached FM breakfast show levels :D
I notice fake laughing everywhere since you pointed this out, I was previously oblivious to this phenomenon.
That was a great call from John, wouldn't hurt to spice it up.

I notice fake laughing everywhere since you pointed this out, I was previously oblivious to this phenomenon.
I've also said this before: :p the only time i listen to music these days is when I'm cycling, mostly because I can't concentrate properly on the "important" talk shows. :D Some weeks ago, Gold FM started replaying parts of their breakfast show between 7 pm and 8 pm, and f'a'rk me, the fake laughing is inane and EXCRUCIATING. They laughing at NOTHING.

Last edited:
but he gives voice to the non-welfare suburban belt in a way Aunty can never, will never.

Is that why he repeatedly referred to the animal rights activists protest a few months back as ‘vegans’.....because the dumb non-welfare suburban belt think they’re the same thing?

Sorry, I prefer my social commentary a tiny bit more informed, and a little bit less ready with the Dymo labelling machine.

Last edited:
Is that way he repeatedly referred to the animal rights activists protest a few months back as ‘vegans’.....because the dumb non-welfare suburban belt think they’re the same thing?

Sorry, I prefer my social commentary a tiny bit more informed, and a little bit less ready with the Dymo labelling machine.

Bit of elitist thinking there Jimbo, people think according to location ... you need to get out to the burbs some time, you'd see the error of your ways, you are no smarter than the rest of us, just a 2 bob snob.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Edmund generally. But you're right, he's not a good fit for this show and Donegan was very good.

Does it really matter if the station gives special attention to a 90yr old "switched on" lady who has been a solid contributer to SEN since day dot?

Her birthday celebration was only for a day and only 1 hour of her personally...big deal. I thought it was lovely of the station to recognise her in that way. Its not like she's a dithering silly fool like some who are much younger that ring in.

Stop being such sour saps you lot.

Does it really matter if the station gives special attention to a 90yr old "switched on" lady who has been a solid contributer to SEN since day dot?

Her birthday celebration was only for a day and only 1 hour of her personally...big deal. I thought it was lovely of the station to recognise her in that way. Its not like she's a dithering silly fool like some who are much younger that ring in.

Stop being such sour saps you lot.
People dont tune in for feel good elderly people stories, a waste of listening time, I'm sure theres some other feel goods out there if youre that way inclined.

I've also said this before: :p the only time i listen to music these days is when I'm cycling, mostly because I can't concentrate properly on the "important" talk shows. :D Some weeks ago, Gold FM started replaying parts of their breakfast show between 7 pm and 8 pm, and f'a'rk me, the fake laughing is inane and EXCRUCIATING. They laughing at NOTHING.

Sadly people 'Fake laughter' is just another US media strategy we've adopted, which was initially contrived by the Yanks years ago to attract the attention of radio listeners - and I guess after some success it thereafter also made it's way onto TV shows, specifically those with a live audience.

It must be effective otherwise shows like the Bounce, who nearly have fake laughter down to a (cringe worthy) art form, simply wouldn't exist...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back