Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

That so many people listen to this station concerns me greatly.

Shows how much influence those announcers can have. Still I think it's good that talk stations rate well.

Much cheaper for the FM stations to network pre recorded content. I don't listen to them but I think each states needs a strong talkback station

SEN’s Chief Executive Officer Craig Hutchison said he was thrilled with the results and thanked listeners for their loyalty.

“In what has been a year like no other – which left fans sport-starved for many months, listeners have embraced sports-talk like never before. Audiences across all of our SEN platforms have shown incredible growth and we expect that to continue as we head into a block-buster back-end of the year with AFL and NRL finals, AFL Trade period, State of Origin, Spring Racing and of course cricket over summer,” Hutchison said.

“It’s a testament to the strength of our incredible presenters, our content team and the common language that sport is to us in Australia – that we have been able to grow during this time. I’d like to thank our loyal listeners who have allowed us to be their companion through a tough year – and I’m delighted to welcome our new listeners,” Hutchison added.

So you want to tell people what to listen to, what to read - are you the sharpest tool in the tool shed, or just a tool?
Nice way to keep it civil. I stated it's not good to have one media organisation with such a big share of the listening audience. Stand by that.

At no point did I state the people have to listen to or read a certain thing. It's unhealthy for media organisations with agendas to have such big share of audiences though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice way to keep it civil. I stated it's not good to have one media organisation with such a big share of the listening audience. Stand by that.

At no point did I state the people have to listen to or read a certain thing. It's unhealthy for media organisations with agendas to have such big share of audiences though.

Clearly I misunderstood, people are entitled to listen &/or read whatever they like. It doesnt equate to accepting whatever the agenda ascribed to them, be that News or the ABC or Nine Entertainment, etc.

As for the unhealthy aspect, perhaps I have respect for people to make up their own mind, so dont share your concern at all here across Aus. Across Melbournes 14 radio outlets, only 2 outlets have double digit market share,

Here is a commentary on the latest Melbourne ratings from an industry site:
3AW rose 3.0 percentage points in market share across the surveyed period of Sun Jul 26 to Sat Sept 19, as did ABC Melbourne. 3AW is the market leader with 16.9% share, while ABC Melbourne holds 12.7

Last edited:
No, even before she got the boot as coach. When she had a regular spot with Andy's midday show, Offsiders or anywhere else. She is the dullest person in Australian sports media and possible media overall.
wasn't she on with Harf as well , my god i'd rather listen to the OX

With the reduced advertising $ on offer for media across the board, these consistently small numbers would have to be a concern for Hutchy. But he must have investors onside or he wouldn't be able to keep splurging on new projects the way he has been. I honestly hope it turns for him -- I think a healthy SEN is important for Melbourne radio -- but it's hard not to be critical of some key decisions, the debacle that is the drive slot being an obvious example. I wonder if the Pacific Star numbers show what revenue the podcasts bring in vs traditional radio as that is an area they are strong in.

No, even before she got the boot as coach. When she had a regular spot with Andy's midday show, Offsiders or anywhere else. She is the dullest person in Australian sports media and possible media overall.
The most self-important person I think I've ever heard have a consistent slot on SEN. I'm including people like Dermott Brereton in that. Harf had one of the easiest listening shows ever but she always made me want to turn off.

With the reduced advertising $ on offer for media across the board, these consistently small numbers would have to be a concern for Hutchy. But he must have investors onside or he wouldn't be able to keep splurging on new projects the way he has been. I honestly hope it turns for him -- I think a healthy SEN is important for Melbourne radio -- but it's hard not to be critical of some key decisions, the debacle that is the drive slot being an obvious example. I wonder if the Pacific Star numbers show what revenue the podcasts bring in vs traditional radio as that is an area they are strong in.

The most self-important person I think I've ever heard have a consistent slot on SEN. I'm including people like Dermott Brereton in that. Harf had one of the easiest listening shows ever but she always made me want to turn off.
At least if you meet Dermie he has time to have a chat and is a decent person

"Self important" is a good tag. Thinking she could coach an AFL team. What a moron.
Ha, just like Fraser Brown's mum, Joyce, back in the day. She was spruiking herself HEAPS at one time. There was even speculation that she was gunna get an assistant coaching gig at Fitzroy. I think she was even on the ABC radio footy coverage. What were they thinking?! Ah well, maybe she was good and knew it, but it always amused that while she banged on and on about how great she was at coaching, leading, and molding young minds, her son was a real "lad" and a bit off the rails for a time. :D I could almost hear Tim Lane thinking the exact thing each time she bragged about herself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back