Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think they are at the ground, but that's totally a guess.

At one stage during the previous Test the "crowd sound" just stopped coming through, and it sure sounded like they were in an echoey studio!

Test cricket works okay for being commentated remotely, provided that the cameras show the field settings regularly enough.
Smoky Dawson likes this

bit of a shame that the overnight crowd with damo is only an hour post-finals, wish they would bin the cricket.

will be a crime to miss out on some good talkback content because the punters dont have enough time to get on; granted most of the finals have been lacklustre so far

I don't listen to the program but I'm guessing Maher went on about the vaccine and encouraged those who have not done it yet, to go and get vaccinated. Is that right? I'm sure that Maher would have received the vaccinations he needed throughout his life.
id like to see what qualifications maher has for recommending anything to do with medicine,can someone pls post them up here if they have his Quals
,thanks oh n by the way Television doesnt count;)

id like to see what qualifications maher has for recommending anything to do with medicine,can someone pls post them up here if they have his Quals
,thanks oh n by the way Television doesnt count;)
What has Neil Mitchell etc who are recommending the same , it's a f ing pandemic . All they are saying is get the jab so we get out of lockdown ! Enjoy it when you can't go anywhere

Anybody can encourage/recommend taking a vaccine, but none who are will be taking responsibility for what could occur afterward. Not only that, but they will absolve themselves from such responsibility if there were negative aftereffects to you due to taking the vaccine.
All vaccines, medication and medical procedures come with risk. There are people who have adverse reactions to the various covid vaccines. But over the coming months once things open up a bit and covid spreads rapidly through Victoria and NSW, a lot of people will get it. The vaccines are clearly showing a decreased chance of serious illness or death in most vaccinated people. Risks of covid serious illness will far outweigh most adverse of taking the vaccine.

Once restrictions are eased I will visit my 89 year old grandma as she is fully vaccinated and so am I. I will certainly not visit my other 91 year old grandma as she refuses to be vaccinated and I will not take the risk of being the person who spreads the virus to her and her getting very sick from it.

I personally have spoken to about 20 people who have received either vaccination and adverse effects have been minimal (headache, tired, sore arm, low energy).

When events like the grand prix, Australian open, AFL are back on next year with crowds and you will need to be vaccinated to attend, don't come.back and complain about the fact.

Surely people are not so easily influenced by a person saying on radio to get a vaccination......if they don't want to do that then don't. Simple. No need to get in a tizz because you heard on a radio someone said to get it.

...but if they think perhaps that's not a bad idea to get the jab, surely they would use their brains and talk to their doctor first, find out as much information they can about the vaccination....then decide.

Think independently of others people, seriously....don't let others influence you one way or the other.

Do your own thinking about any given situation.

Anybody can encourage/recommend taking a vaccine, but none who are will be taking responsibility for what could occur afterward. Not only that, but they will absolve themselves from such responsibility if there were negative aftereffects to you due to taking the vaccine.

The same could be applied to eating fast food. Or taking panadol. Or anything really. Have a headache, take panadol. Have an adverse reaction. Who do you blame?

Do you have a problem with the vaccine or being told what to do (even if you don’t have to follow)

The same could be applied to eating fast food. Or taking panadol. Or anything really. Have a headache, take panadol. Have an adverse reaction. Who do you blame?
Yourself. You're the one to took it.

Do you have a problem with the vaccine or being told what to do (even if you don’t have to follow)
I've been interested in who's taking responsibility for taking the vaccine, because no one is. Morrison, Andrews and other Premiers, Gale, Setka, no one so far.

Responsibility is never taken and always being deferred.

I've been interested in who's taking responsibility for taking the vaccine, because no one is. Morrison, Andrews and other Premiers, Gale, Setka, no one so far.

And who is going to take responsibility if you get covid and require hospitalisation from it? The health care system will.

Get a grip ! Can we get back to SEN ffs

And who is going to take responsibility if you get covid and require hospitalisation from it? The health care system will.
Any infection gained is my responsibility. I've taken responsibility for any hospitalisation through paying health insurance.

Although from what I've been told, I won't be getting the luxuries I've paid for anyway!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any infection gained is my responsibility. I've taken responsibility for any hospitalisation through paying health insurance.

Although from what I've been told, I won't be getting the luxuries I've paid for anyway!
And what about infection you may accidentally pass on to someone else who does not have PH insurance? Who is responsible for that? By the way are you sure that your health insurance would cover ALL costs of medical care if you needed it? Or would some of the cost be covered by the government?

And what about infection you may accidentally pass on to someone else who does not have PH insurance? Who is responsible for that?
Theirs/.

By the way are you sure that your health insurance would cover ALL costs of medical care if you needed it? Or would some of the cost be covered by the government?
[/QUOTE]Atm, yes.

Just had to turn over to AW still talking footy , SEN off to the delayed races

Sen racing hosts spruiking for the horses to take the ivermectin medication

Even interviewing the horses that were anti ivermectins when they were in the parade ring and on the way to the gates , you could tell which horses were anti ivermectin as they responded with a deliberate and gruff neigh

And to those horses that have taken the ivermectin, Thank You

How can 3AW's pre/post-game be so much better than SEN but the ******* talkback so much worse?

Why are AW letting punters onto FOOTY Nightline who only want the lottery numbers?

How can 3AW's pre/post-game be so much better than SEN but the ******* talkback so much worse?

Why are AW letting punters onto FOOTY Nightline who only want the lottery numbers?

They were playing musical chairs calling tonight Bris v Digs game if you were listening on 1116

Started at 6 with Whateley , Hudson & Cooney

Then Cooney out Dal Santo in

Then when AFL Nation went live just before the game started on the app it was Maher , Dwayne , & Cooney which is their regional & rest of Australia call team

Then at 10:30 after the game the AFL nation team took it up to 11pm

They were playing musical chairs calling tonight Bris v Digs game if you were listening on 1116

Started at 6 with Whateley , Hudson & Cooney

Then Cooney out Dal Santo in

Then when AFL Nation went live just before the game started on the app it was Maher , Dwayne , & Cooney which is their regional & rest of Australia call team

Then at 10:30 after the game the AFL nation team took it up to 11pm
Cooney is as bad as anyone

I'd say it's mostly due to 3aw's listener demographic of older people and insomniacs. Also, I've got a theory that 3aw's call-screening is too rigid, therefore, it's mostly only stupid people with nothing to do who can be bothered going through it, then holding on for 30 mins or more. :laughv1:
I rang David Hookes and Gerard Healy a few times when I was young (I dunno why :grinv1: ), and the screening and waiting was annoying. "What do you want to say? Eh, we talked about that already; have you got anything else to say? You might have to wait a little while", etc. The screening needs to be done, I suppose, but still...

Last edited:
I'd say it's mostly due to 3aw's listener demographic of older people and insomniacs. Also, I've got a theory that 3aw's call-screening is too rigid, so it's mostly only stupid people with nothing to do who can be bothered going through it, then holding on for 30 mins or more. :laughv1:
I rang David Hookes and Gerard Healy a few times when I was young (I dunno why :grinv1: ), and the screening and waiting was annoying. "What do you want to say? Eh, we talked about that already; have you got anything else to say? You might have to wait a little while", etc. The screening needs to be done, I suppose, but still...
I only go there like yesterday when SEN changed to racing and AW still had sport on and when Hargraves comes on . Absolutely hate scum like Mitchell , Panahi and Elliott

Also, I've got a theory that 3aw's call-screening is too rigid, therefore, it's mostly only stupid people with nothing to do who can be bothered going through it, then holding on for 30 mins or more. :laughv1:

No screening on midday madness. You call, you get on. It's the Midday Madness Guarantee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back