Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a real credit to you if you've managed to evolve with triple J over the years. The station gets worse every year. It's not really about young Aussie artists like it once was. It's about playing as much American pop and mumble rap music as they can. Even though every second word is about their arse or vagina lol it's what the youth of today want to listen to. I've retreated to Spotify only pretty much. Just try to find the stuff that would have been triple J worthy pre 2016ish
Hate mumble rap so much.

Because he isn't a broadcaster.

Broadcasting is a craft like anything else. You have to have the voice, understand and engage your audience, make tough calls about what is interesting and what isn't, cut off talkbalk callers who are boring everyone witless, and be a good interviewer ... amongst other things.

There is this thing on SEN where they think you just hand someone a microphone and a producer and away they go.

Cornes is a boring interviewer and isn't very knowledgeable about sports outside of the AFL.

He would be much better suited to being a regular long form guest with someone like Whateley, where Whateley kind of drives the show but Cornes is just chipping in with his opinion.
Not saying he's good or bad but Cornes has been hosting radio shows since at least 2018, and possibly earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very funny tonight on sportsday Tom Morris claimed he's only just heard about only fans with the whole nick Kyrgios thing. Cooney was very quick to call him out on that one lol.
I heard the segment. And his VERY entertaining story about Rocket Eade's spray after yanking off the ground within the first minute of a game, then proceeding to call him the c-word ten times. One of the best yarns in a while!

Here's the thing about Cooney for me. He's limited in this role. He knows it too. Doesn't pretend to be otherwise. Tom asked him if he's into tennis. He could have bullshitted and faked interest like so many tryhards do, but he was refreshingly honest. Said he watches it a bit, but doesn't know much about what's going on.

I heard the segment. And his VERY entertaining story about Rocket Eade's spray after yanking off the ground within the first minute of a game, then proceeding to call him the c-word ten times. One of the best yarns in a while!

Here's the thing about Cooney for me. He's limited in this role. He knows it too. Doesn't pretend to be otherwise. Tom asked him if he's into tennis. He could have bullshitted and faked interest like so many tryhards do, but he was refreshingly honest. Said he watches it a bit, but doesn't know much about what's going on.
Don’t mind tom and Adam together.

Tom is so so much better than Edmund

Remove this Banner Ad

Back