Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

6 to 9 am Morris and Lyon
9 to 12 De Stoop with a different person everyday
12 to 3pm Harford
3 to 5 30 Jason Richardson and Georgie Parker
5 30 Sportsday to 7 30 Healy and Cornes
After that no BP apart from AO , just no Hargraves apart from his golf show with O'Hern , no JJ , Cam Luke or utensils.
Edmund to do fill ins as he's good at it .
KB doubled the ratings of Poindexter , so why pay him so much and save some money

Id find time for matt granland. Perhaps replacing morris, with morris moving to special guest role floating between all shows.

Id also have sam edmund in. Most professional at sen with a wide arrange of sporting knowledge and knows how to structure and interview.

I dunno about my favourite moment, but.... After St Kilda lost either the 2009 or 2010 Grand Final, someone on air rang Finey. It amused me the way he described how bummed out he was. He drove home in daze, bought some pot noodles from a convenience store, then stayed in bed for 2 or 3 days. That's caring :grinv1:
My old man is a Queenslander and a racing man and was a Shearer, so think itinerant young punter and you’ve got an idea. Shearing back in the day was a big thing but during winter it effectively shut down. So he’d head off to the big smoke and get a job in the wool stores in Footscray for 3 months and go to the races on a Saturday and the Trots that night. He had a housemate that was a rabid Richmond supporter (we’re talking the 60’s) who if they won was up for days but if they lost, he’d stay in bed and not go to work for two days…it did my old man’s head in.

We were driving somewhere and had SEN on in the car and he heard Finey unload and he just lost his s**t…I’d heard the story before but here was Finey living it, he was so happy that someone had verified albeit vicariously his story.

The old man still cannot understand it to this day

The night Ross Lyon was flying across the nullabor to be announced Freo coach bought the best out of Finey .......we even called a halt to cricket training to listen in 🙂
He really lost his s**t that night, he was so ❤️ on sleeve it was glorious - he was scathing, vitriolic and bitter all at once

I have drawn up a strategic gameplan for SEN along those lines but I'd rather not post it here given I have nothing to do with the organisation.
This is very interesting. Could you give a summation? Only person lurking around here to pass it on would be old Roco haha
The night Ross Lyon was flying across the nullabor to be announced Freo coach bought the best out of Finey .......we even called a halt to cricket training to listen in 🙂
I'd give my left arm to get a copy of that. Is it anywhere online?

I can't get SEN Melb on my digital radio now, for some reason its disappeared.

Can get SEN Fanatic (oy vey, what a joke that is) & SEN 1170 (Syd) which had Trent Copeland and a woman i've never heard of doing breakfast, they were coherent and spoke okay but the subject matter was lacking.

Another nail in the coffin for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Credit to Dwayne for doing a topic that’s never been covered on SEN ever before, who are you GOAT’s of sport!
Dwayne would be good at overnights. Midnight madness? Let's make it happen.

I can't get SEN Melb on my digital radio now, for some reason its disappeared.

Can get SEN Fanatic (oy vey, what a joke that is) & SEN 1170 (Syd) which had Trent Copeland and a woman i've never heard of doing breakfast, they were coherent and spoke okay but the subject matter was lacking.

Another nail in the coffin for mine.
What radio is it? Can you re-scan?

Come at me!

I don't mind the two Andy's
heiitse-cfc.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back