Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

i’m pissed off with the prevalence of dead air on s.e.n. it can last anything from minutes to hours. no announcement. no music. just dead air. rarely occurs on other radio stations - even community stations. either their server is shite. their software is shite. or their tech peeps are shite. or all three.

also pissed off with the off-peak programs. repeats which are on a loop. clearly a cost-saving measure as the outfit has debt issues.

frankly, the station doesn’t have enough listeners to piss off those they have.

there, i’ve said it
Don't they have a dead air tape?

i’m pissed off with the prevalence of dead air on s.e.n. it can last anything from minutes to hours. no announcement. no music. just dead air. rarely occurs on other radio stations - even community stations. either their server is shite. their software is shite. or their tech peeps are shite. or all three.

also pissed off with the off-peak programs. repeats which are on a loop. clearly a cost-saving measure as the outfit has debt issues.

frankly, the station doesn’t have enough listeners to piss off those they have.

there, i’ve said it

For a while I was thinking there was something wrong with my digital radio but came to the realisation that SEN's techo's have cocked things up.

This was written after he passed away - all his mates wrote a story about him - there are sone classics - my meagre contribution is that I continually educate the young blokes about the importance of having a good “Puerto Rican fade”
I don't have Remembering Hookesy, but I'm sure I'd like to read it. The one written by Allan Shiel was first published in 1993

I don't have Remembering Hookesy, but I'm sure I'd like to read it. The one written by Allan Shiel was first published in 1993
Get your hand on a copy - I’ll guarantee you’ll love it, so many great vignettes about a real contradiction / chameleon of a bloke, brash, arrogant outlandish and confident on the exterior but that was just a facade, if you knew him relatively well you saw another side that was totally different. I won’t spoil it for you but there are some absolute rippers in there.

Not sure how I feel about the constant roster changes and different voices on SEN.

In some ways it's good as you never know who will be on and they might have different opinions but also a bit frustrating as there is no flow or consistency.

I think their AFL coverage suffers a bit from that. Most other stations have a set lineup but SEN is all over the place.

Not sure how I feel about the constant roster changes and different voices on SEN.

In some ways it's good as you never know who will be on and they might have different opinions but also a bit frustrating as there is no flow or consistency.

I think their AFL coverage suffers a bit from that. Most other stations have a set lineup but SEN is all over the place.
That's because they try and do every game every week and some of them double up on fox footy

That's because they try and do every game every week and some of them double up on fox footy

True but they could still have a regular main call team for slots. They kind of did for Thursday and Friday nights I guess.

Even say the SA SEN call teams, it felt Ike they had a different special comments person every week.

Not sure if I should admit this publicly but I'm actually looking forward to fireball Friday tomorrow! 😬 Firrrreball...do do do dodo do
I like it, except for some of the serious bits. I’ve said before that I didn’t know King had sense of humour until he started that slot with Corn. Ah yeah, Craig Harper called Kane ‘Korn’ this morning. Hee hee :smilev1:

God bloody fireballlllll
I guarantee the do do do dodo do guy is someone on this thread lol
I like it, except for some of the serious bits. I’ve said before that I didn’t know King had sense of humour until he started that slot with Corn. Ah yeah, Craig Harper called Kane ‘Korn’ this morning. Hee hee :smilev1:
Yeah he isn't bad. I heard that haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hutchy sells Perth Wildcats stake as well as other stakes in other basketball teams AND netball team totalling $1.5 million with more to come to pay off monies owed to CBA

Did somebody say fire sale?
I'll give him credit. He can spin his way out of anything. He had made Mee think it was all just media carry on. He'll end up spinning this into something positive on the sounding board

I'll give him credit. He can spin his way out of anything. He had made Mee think it was all just media carry on. He'll end up spinning this into something positive on the sounding board

He’s no listed ASX company CEO, he’s a qualified journalist with little to no idea to run a large business, credit to him he built up a small enterprise in Croc media to a higher than ever expected level but he really needs to replace himself as CEO with someone who has a decent track record of running a business in an extremely difficult and volatile niche market. He should stay on in an advisory role as a business development executive because that’s where his strengths are in thinking outside the box and innovating but he needs someone more sensible and experienced with finance knowledge to have the final say and keep his cowboy like behaviour under control. Simple example is he doesn’t need to be on a plane, staying in hotels and eating out every second day on the company dime, what a waste of money.

Last edited:
He’s no listed ASX company CEO, he’s a qualified journalist with little to no idea to run a large business, credit to him he built up a small enterprise in Croc media to a higher than ever expected level but he really needs to replace himself as CEO with someone who has a decent track record of running a business in an extremely difficult and volatile niche market. He should stay on in an advisory role as a business development executive because that’s where his strengths are in thinking outside the box and innovating but he needs someone more sensible and experienced with finance knowledge to have the final say and keep his cowboy like behaviour under control. Simple example is he doesn’t need to be on a plane, staying in hotels and eating out every second day on the company dime, what a waste of money.
How do you know

Remove this Banner Ad

Back