1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how I feel about the constant roster changes and different voices on SEN.

In some ways it's good as you never know who will be on and they might have different opinions but also a bit frustrating as there is no flow or consistency.

I think their AFL coverage suffers a bit from that. Most other stations have a set lineup but SEN is all over the place.

Not sure how I feel about the constant roster changes and different voices on SEN.

In some ways it's good as you never know who will be on and they might have different opinions but also a bit frustrating as there is no flow or consistency.

I think their AFL coverage suffers a bit from that. Most other stations have a set lineup but SEN is all over the place.
That's because they try and do every game every week and some of them double up on fox footy

That's because they try and do every game every week and some of them double up on fox footy

True but they could still have a regular main call team for slots. They kind of did for Thursday and Friday nights I guess.

Even say the SA SEN call teams, it felt Ike they had a different special comments person every week.

Not sure if I should admit this publicly but I'm actually looking forward to fireball Friday tomorrow! 😬 Firrrreball...do do do dodo do
I like it, except for some of the serious bits. I’ve said before that I didn’t know King had sense of humour until he started that slot with Corn. Ah yeah, Craig Harper called Kane ‘Korn’ this morning. Hee hee :smilev1:

God bloody fireballlllll
I guarantee the do do do dodo do guy is someone on this thread lol
I like it, except for some of the serious bits. I’ve said before that I didn’t know King had sense of humour until he started that slot with Corn. Ah yeah, Craig Harper called Kane ‘Korn’ this morning. Hee hee :smilev1:
Yeah he isn't bad. I heard that haha

Hutchy sells Perth Wildcats stake as well as other stakes in other basketball teams AND netball team totalling $1.5 million with more to come to pay off monies owed to CBA

Did somebody say fire sale?
I'll give him credit. He can spin his way out of anything. He had made Mee think it was all just media carry on. He'll end up spinning this into something positive on the sounding board

I'll give him credit. He can spin his way out of anything. He had made Mee think it was all just media carry on. He'll end up spinning this into something positive on the sounding board

He’s no listed ASX company CEO, he’s a qualified journalist with little to no idea to run a large business, credit to him he built up a small enterprise in Croc media to a higher than ever expected level but he really needs to replace himself as CEO with someone who has a decent track record of running a business in an extremely difficult and volatile niche market. He should stay on in an advisory role as a business development executive because that’s where his strengths are in thinking outside the box and innovating but he needs someone more sensible and experienced with finance knowledge to have the final say and keep his cowboy like behaviour under control. Simple example is he doesn’t need to be on a plane, staying in hotels and eating out every second day on the company dime, what a waste of money.

Last edited:
He’s no listed ASX company CEO, he’s a qualified journalist with little to no idea to run a large business, credit to him he built up a small enterprise in Croc media to a higher than ever expected level but he really needs to replace himself as CEO with someone who has a decent track record of running a business in an extremely difficult and volatile niche market. He should stay on in an advisory role as a business development executive because that’s where his strengths are in thinking outside the box and innovating but he needs someone more sensible and experienced with finance knowledge to have the final say and keep his cowboy like behaviour under control. Simple example is he doesn’t need to be on a plane, staying in hotels and eating out every second day on the company dime, what a waste of money.
How do you know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEN owner Craig Hutchinson receives financial lifeline after bank loan runs down to last $1.25 million

'Craig Hutchison has received a lifeline from one of his radio presenters, as his company’s Commonwealth Bank loan has run down to its last $1.25 million. Documents reveal Hutchison has drawn down almost all of his $28.7 million loan with the bank.
The loan has only $1.252 million remaining, with refinance or repayment in full due by August 31.
The details were contained in the Sports Entertainment Group’s quarterly report to the Australian Stock Exchange this week.

Documents also revealed three white knight investors have propped up the company, paying $1.5 million for a 3.75 per cent share of his sports teams. The teams include the Perth Wildcats, three other basketball franchises and a netball team that the Collingwood Football Club walked away from after losing millions.

SEN’s Sunday morning presenter David “The Chief” Alcaro put his money where his mouth is by pouring $1 million into Hutchison’s company. David Alcaro, known as The Chief, has paid $1 million to invest in Sports Entertainment Group. Picture: Facebook
The New York-based share trader has updated his Twitter handle to reflect his new found basketball team ownership. “Futures Trader, Chief Horse Futures, SEN Teams, Perth Wildcats,” his profile page now says.

Alcaro was also known as a producer on the 2013 film Farewell to Hollywood. He appears each week on SEN with Jordan Kounelis, with the timeslot rating 1.7 in Melbourne according to the latest GFK radio report.

Perth Wildcats superfan Bill Bloking, who is often seen courtside at the NBL club’s games, has also tipped in $400,000. Bloking has been well known to the Wildcats family and had regularly travelled with the team. The retired mining company executive was president of Australia/Asia gas division at BHP Billiton until 2007.

Beauty industry entrepreneur Jodi Millhahn, who previously worked for Elle McPherson’s WelleCo, also invested $100,000.
The Perth identity returned to WA after a decade in New York to start her company Wildhood, which makes “clean, natural and sustainable deodorants for tweens and teens”.

The investment values the teams at $40 million, which will assist with dealing with the Commonwealth Bank. Hutchison’s company had breached its banking covenants, meaning the CBA could call the loan in at any time because its debt to value ratio was too high.
SEG company documents also state it has $5 million cash at hand. Revenue was $42.6 million in the December quarter, with “net operating cash inflows of $2.6 million.”

Hutchison declined to comment on Friday on a detailed list of questions about the company’s finances. But he did speak with The West Australian, saying: “We’ve been open to the possibility of a minor share holding group joining us. “We think there is incredible value in the SEN Teams world that we are building that can continue to be reinvested in the respective clubs.

“We will have more to say about that at the end of the month.” Hutchison said he would continue to hold a majority investment in the sporting teams.

Last edited:

SEN owner Craig Hutchinson receives financial lifeline after bank loan runs down to last $1.25 million​

Craig Hutchison has received a lifeline from one of his radio presenters, as his company’s Commonwealth Bank loan has run down to its last $1.25 million. Documents reveal Hutchison has drawn down almost all of his $28.7 million loan with the bank.
The loan has only $1.252 million remaining, with refinance or repayment in full due by August 31.
The details were contained in the Sports Entertainment Group’s quarterly report to the Australian Stock Exchange this week.

Documents also revealed three white knight investors have propped up the company, paying $1.5 million for a 3.75 per cent share of his sports teams. The teams include the Perth Wildcats, three other basketball franchises and a netball team that the Collingwood Football Club walked away from after losing millions.

SEN’s Sunday morning presenter David “The Chief” Alcaro put his money where his mouth is by pouring $1 million into Hutchison’s company. David Alcaro, known as The Chief, has paid $1 million to invest in Sports Entertainment Group. Picture: Facebook
The New York-based share trader has updated his Twitter handle to reflect his new found basketball team ownership. “Futures Trader, Chief Horse Futures, SEN Teams, Perth Wildcats,” his profile page now says.

Alcaro was also known as a producer on the 2013 film Farewell to Hollywood. He appears each week on SEN with Jordan Kounelis, with the timeslot rating 1.7 in Melbourne according to the latest GFK radio report.

Perth Wildcats superfan Bill Bloking, who is often seen courtside at the NBL club’s games, has also tipped in $400,000. Bloking has been well known to the Wildcats family and had regularly travelled with the team. The retired mining company executive was president of Australia/Asia gas division at BHP Billiton until 2007.

Beauty industry entrepreneur Jodi Millhahn, who previously worked for Elle McPherson’s WelleCo, also invested $100,000.
The Perth identity returned to WA after a decade in New York to start her company Wildhood, which makes “clean, natural and sustainable deodorants for tweens and teens”.

The investment values the teams at $40 million, which will assist with dealing with the Commonwealth Bank. Hutchison’s company had breached its banking covenants, meaning the CBA could call the loan in at any time because its debt to value ratio was too high.
SEG company documents also state it has $5 million cash at hand. Revenue was $42.6 million in the December quarter, with “net operating cash inflows of $2.6 million.”

Hutchison declined to comment on Friday on a detailed list of questions about the company’s finances. But he did speak with The West Australian, saying: “We’ve been open to the possibility of a minor share holding group joining us. “We think there is incredible value in the SEN Teams world that we are building that can continue to be reinvested in the respective clubs.

“We will have more to say about that at the end of the month.” Hutchison said he would continue to hold a majority investment in the sporting teams.
Thanks for putting that up

SEN owner Craig Hutchinson receives financial lifeline after bank loan runs down to last $1.25 million

'Craig Hutchison has received a lifeline from one of his radio presenters, as his company’s Commonwealth Bank loan has run down to its last $1.25 million. Documents reveal Hutchison has drawn down almost all of his $28.7 million loan with the bank.

Sadly the more that comes out, the less hopeful I am that the stations will survive by the end of the year

Barring a miracle

They still have the lever to raise capital via an ASX placement, last resort as Hutch won’t want to dilute.

Might be able to scrape through with asset sales & cost cutting.

Inflation stabilisation is a good sign for them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back