1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

i’m pissed off with the prevalence of dead air on s.e.n. it can last anything from minutes to hours. no announcement. no music. just dead air. rarely occurs on other radio stations - even community stations. either their server is shite. their software is shite. or their tech peeps are shite. or all three.

also pissed off with the off-peak programs. repeats which are on a loop. clearly a cost-saving measure as the outfit has debt issues.

frankly, the station doesn’t have enough listeners to piss off those they have.

there, i’ve said it

i’m pissed off with the prevalence of dead air on s.e.n. it can last anything from minutes to hours. no announcement. no music. just dead air. rarely occurs on other radio stations - even community stations. either their server is shite. their software is shite. or their tech peeps are shite. or all three.

also pissed off with the off-peak programs. repeats which are on a loop. clearly a cost-saving measure as the outfit has debt issues.

there, i’ve said it
Digital 1116 was off the air yesterday morning for about six minutes at the start of Off The Bench

Digital 1116 was off the air yesterday morning for about six minutes at the start of Off The Bench

it was off the air half a dozen times last night. just dead air. other stations, when there’s a glitch, have it programmed so either a message comes on or there’s music. nothing on s.e.n just dead air. and it’s become a regular problem. really annoying.

Something needs to be done. Even though I've always been a fan of Hutchy, I wonder what things would be like if he was not in charge. Would probably lose Gary, Tim and Whateley but I'd deal with that if the station could create better content.

Last edited:
I used to send a text when they were off their air both when it was analog and/or digital.

It never seemed like they read the message so I just don't bother any longer letting them know.

SEN is garbage and has been garbage for some time boring people that our presenters once KB,Finey and the overnight crew of Parkin,Cooney and Richter went that the beginning of the end just wish a station like Triple M would benefit if they had a Finey from 11pm to 1am Friday and Saturday nights
A lot is still good , some isn't and obviously you're not listening , you know the rest

Was that digital?

it’s a digital world m8. none more than s.e.n who push their apps incessantly. i have spoken to someone who said there was music on the a.m. station.

think ‘kreg’ should spend more time with his rear in his office seat and less in an airline seat. pay attention to the knitting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to be desperate to listen to SEN live these days, not including pre and post game. Can't stand the ads. I just do the podcasts on spotify. I'll listen to the breakfast show sometime during the day, maybe Wheatley in 30 minutes, then sportsday and wide world of sports once it becomes available on Spotify in the evening. Ads have crept into the podcasts during the program where as it used to just be before and after the episode. When I lived in Melbourne in 2016 I didn't mind the live traffic reports because it was some what relevant and the buzz of walking about Melbourne on a frosty morning made it more (for a lack of a better word, exciting) I say exciting because I've always been rural so actually listening to SEN in the city live was a different experience for me having always been on the app in the country not knowing much about the big smoke.

What sort of content or shows could make sen more interesting? I’d like to listen to more long form interviews with interesting people like Howie does on his podcast.

Sam Edmund does long interviews for this podcast

Sam Edmund does long interviews for this podcast

I find the "This is Your Life" format a bit boring unless I am really interested in the person.

I remember during Covid there was a SEN podcast called 'Uncovered', which was a deep-dive into a specific controversy/story in sporting (AFL only?) history. It would take a fair bit of work to do it well, but I'd love for that to be a regular feature on SEN. You could only do it once a week, probably best suited to Whateley or Maher, and branch it out beyond AFL.

I find the "This is Your Life" format a bit boring unless I am really interested in the person.

I remember during Covid there was a SEN podcast called 'Uncovered', which was a deep-dive into a specific controversy/story in sporting (AFL only?) history. It would take a fair bit of work to do it well, but I'd love for that to be a regular feature on SEN. You could only do it once a week, probably best suited to Whateley or Maher, and branch it out beyond AFL.
This reminds me of a show Jason Bennett used to do on the original Fox Footy which I discovered looking for videos about the formation of West Coast and Adelaide. Great idea but please nothing that gives Maher more airtime!

Im the same , but preferred Peter Donagan

there, i’ve said it
Don't they have a dead air tape?

there, i’ve said it

For a while I was thinking there was something wrong with my digital radio but came to the realisation that SEN's techo's have cocked things up.

This was written after he passed away - all his mates wrote a story about him - there are sone classics - my meagre contribution is that I continually educate the young blokes about the importance of having a good “Puerto Rican fade”
I don't have Remembering Hookesy, but I'm sure I'd like to read it. The one written by Allan Shiel was first published in 1993

I don't have Remembering Hookesy, but I'm sure I'd like to read it. The one written by Allan Shiel was first published in 1993
Get your hand on a copy - I’ll guarantee you’ll love it, so many great vignettes about a real contradiction / chameleon of a bloke, brash, arrogant outlandish and confident on the exterior but that was just a facade, if you knew him relatively well you saw another side that was totally different. I won’t spoil it for you but there are some absolute rippers in there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back