1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

There's just no alternative. If there was a better program with enough on air talent, I'd up and go in a heartbeat. But there's not. If 3AW was a 24.7 dedicated sports station they wouldn't have the money or audience they have now. If RSN had more backing they could have been something decent by now. Were tracking ok for awhile. No idea what's going on if they exist, does mark and ox work there?

Not sure about Marko and the Ox but Harf was at RSN for awhile. His show with White was quite good I thought.

I echo the thoughts about needing SEN to continue regardless of its imperfections. It's our equivalent of talkSPORT.

Has SENZ effectively replaced Radio Sport NZ or do the two co-exist? Difficult you'd think in such a small market.

How does the ABC cover sport? I know they have the Grandstand branding and ABC Sport on my DAB car radio but is sport ever broadcast on Radio National or their main 774 station here in Victoria?
BBC Radio 5 is news during the day (though not as highbrown as Radio 4 or World Service) and sport from 7 in the evenings and through most of the weekend until late Sunday evening.

Yes, ABC broadcast a lot of sport on 774 here in Melbourne but mainly only on weekends these days. Test cricket, and footy mostly. I don't believe there is any sport on radio National.

The commentators from Sydney today are f ing hopeless

Everyone at SEN Cricket saying that Steve O'Keefe is a top bloke.

Must be a different Steve O'Keefe to the one that I've been reading about over the past ten years. Maybe this 'alternate' Steve O'Keefe could actually turn a ball too?

Everyone at SEN Cricket saying that Steve O'Keefe is a top bloke.

Must be a different Steve O'Keefe to the one that I've been reading about over the past ten years. Maybe this 'alternate' Steve O'Keefe could actually turn a ball too?
And a great mate of mine who lives in manly near him said he's no good

She is male or female the absolute worst
I like how it legitimately took me eight or nine reads of your post to understand what you were trying to say.

There's a big chance Finey's Final Siren is returning. He mentioned it on the Ruck n Roll podcast. He's been approached again, and said he'll do it if they can do a deal that involves the promotion of his deli. Finey and Kevin Hillier spoke about it briefly at the 6min mark:

Last edited:

SEN owner Craig Hutchinson receives financial lifeline after bank loan runs down to last $1.25 million

'Craig Hutchison has received a lifeline from one of his radio presenters, as his company’s Commonwealth Bank loan has run down to its last $1.25 million. Documents reveal Hutchison has drawn down almost all of his $28.7 million loan with the bank.
The loan has only $1.252 million remaining, with refinance or repayment in full due by August 31.
The details were contained in the Sports Entertainment Group’s quarterly report to the Australian Stock Exchange this week.

Documents also revealed three white knight investors have propped up the company, paying $1.5 million for a 3.75 per cent share of his sports teams. The teams include the Perth Wildcats, three other basketball franchises and a netball team that the Collingwood Football Club walked away from after losing millions.

SEN’s Sunday morning presenter David “The Chief” Alcaro put his money where his mouth is by pouring $1 million into Hutchison’s company. David Alcaro, known as The Chief, has paid $1 million to invest in Sports Entertainment Group. Picture: Facebook
The New York-based share trader has updated his Twitter handle to reflect his new found basketball team ownership. “Futures Trader, Chief Horse Futures, SEN Teams, Perth Wildcats,” his profile page now says.

Alcaro was also known as a producer on the 2013 film Farewell to Hollywood. He appears each week on SEN with Jordan Kounelis, with the timeslot rating 1.7 in Melbourne according to the latest GFK radio report.

Perth Wildcats superfan Bill Bloking, who is often seen courtside at the NBL club’s games, has also tipped in $400,000. Bloking has been well known to the Wildcats family and had regularly travelled with the team. The retired mining company executive was president of Australia/Asia gas division at BHP Billiton until 2007.

Beauty industry entrepreneur Jodi Millhahn, who previously worked for Elle McPherson’s WelleCo, also invested $100,000.
The Perth identity returned to WA after a decade in New York to start her company Wildhood, which makes “clean, natural and sustainable deodorants for tweens and teens”.

The investment values the teams at $40 million, which will assist with dealing with the Commonwealth Bank. Hutchison’s company had breached its banking covenants, meaning the CBA could call the loan in at any time because its debt to value ratio was too high.
SEG company documents also state it has $5 million cash at hand. Revenue was $42.6 million in the December quarter, with “net operating cash inflows of $2.6 million.”

Hutchison declined to comment on Friday on a detailed list of questions about the company’s finances. But he did speak with The West Australian, saying: “We’ve been open to the possibility of a minor share holding group joining us. “We think there is incredible value in the SEN Teams world that we are building that can continue to be reinvested in the respective clubs.

“We will have more to say about that at the end of the month.” Hutchison said he would continue to hold a majority investment in the sporting teams.
Gotta say, for 3 basketball teams (in the same comp? Not sure if one is a WNBL team) and a completely un-tried netball team, $40m seems like a very generous valuation.

Gotta say, for 3 basketball teams (in the same comp? Not sure if one is a WNBL team) and a completely un-tried netball team, $40m seems like a very generous valuation.

It's an imputed valuation. But it's commonly done in the ASX/corporate world.

After paying $8.5m for 100% of the Perth Wildcats in 2021, to sell 3.75% of the SEG Teams for $1.5m is handy coin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine Gerard getting a lappy and describing "the pure sensual gloriousness of the human physique"
I just vomited thinking about the nerd at the strippers

office space o face GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back