1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumped in the car on the way to work this morning just after 4am, normally I have the phone plugged in pretty quick and stream music, this morning I caught about a minute of what was airing before getting the music playing and it was a replay of an interview that Gerard had done with Glen Maxwell re the upcoming 2019 summer of cricket.
I lolled and hit play on my phone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is seriously bad news for Marko, I wish him well.

I will also give the public service announcement for those over 50, when you get the test pack in the mail please use it. Even if you have no signs or family history. Only about 40% are returned, and that really needs to be improved.

I got the test April last year, and thought not again. I have always been clear and my system is functioning well. Used it, positive result. GP said lots of false positives etc (which there are). Colonoscopy said not false. Surgery, chemo. Fun.

Take the test, it saves lives. I was told if I had waited 6 months .....

Oh dear, that is is not good to hear. Wish him all the best, and you too Spongebob.

Thank you. I am now doing fine. I am lucky because it was caught relatively early (stage 2a) — although large and in a bad position. No signs of spread and all blood tests currently normal. Big round of ct scans, scopes and bloods for 12 month anniversary this month. Worse physical part was the very short chemo. Stopped because the oncologist believed it would have killed me, very unpleasantly.

Marko is in for a huge fight given the descriptions of stage 4 and spread to the lung. Thoughts are with him and his family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back