1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure who was being interviewed this morning before 11am, but the host asks question and before the answer ads just cut in all over the person before responding, switched off.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t see how it gets an audience, just be betting company sponsored im assuming… whoever said 3 drunks at the local pub tab summed it up perfectly. 3 idiots yelling at a tv yahooing winners
If you’re referring to that Saturday Trackside nonsense, I absolutely agree with what you said, had the misfortune of having to listen to it a few weeks back and I was so shocked with how bad it was.

A San Francisco radio station dropped its 24/7 sport news talk format for an all 24/7 betting last week and it has not be received at all by listeners over there

However this would be a Hutchy wet dream of a radio station

Iconic Bay Area radio station KGO officially jumps in the sports gambling toilet​

After not-so-subtly hinting at it over the weekend, Bay Areanews radio stalwart 810 AM completed its switch to a sports gambling station Monday.

Longstanding programming was abruptly canceled by owner Cumulus Media on Oct. 6, leaving hosts stunned. The slow death of KGO, the former name of the station, was a familiar story for legacy media, though. "KGO has been in steady decline for years, and that’s unfortunate, but that’s kind of the industry overall," longtime reporter and writer David Lazarus told SFGATE last week. Lazarus, who worked for KGO from the late 1990s until the early 2010s, is now a reporter for a Los Angeles television station.

On Monday, the station formerly known as KGO officially rolled out as "810 The Spread." If its early programming is any indication, the switch is more of a cost-cutting move than an aggressive investment in sports gambling. As of 7:45 a.m. local time, The Spread was airing "BetQL Daily," a syndicated podcast with two guys named Joe. The Spread's weekday lineup appears to be three syndicated betting shows and The Jim Rome Show, followed by CBS Sports programming overnight, according to Barrett Sports Media.

Not sure what my problem is and I agree with the concept of trackside.

But as someone that lives overseas and tuned into for some “home” it does it for me.

They are all degenerate gamblers and Taggert is a ducking strange cat but somehow when I tune in I feel like I am down at the local pub getting smashed wasting money on donkeys and sometimes that’s okay.

SEN has lost one of its biggest assets with Anthony Hudson quitting the radio station.
The acclaimed caller had been a mainstay of the sports station for almost two decades, but has decided to focus on his TV commitments with Fox Footy.

His departure is a huge blow for SEN boss Craig Hutchison, who had built his Friday night football coverage around the pairing of Hudson and chief caller Gerard Whateley.

“There are few that have played a bigger role and contributed as much to SEN as Anthony has, particularly in the early days where his behind the scenes work was critical to SEN’s survival,” Hutchison said.

Not super surprised, there was rumours that Fox were going to call all 9 games starting next year and getting Huddo for Friday nights would be the first step in doing so. Watch this space......

Not super surprised, there was rumours that Fox were going to call all 9 games starting next year and getting Huddo for Friday nights would be the first step in doing so. Watch this space......

Would make sense for Fox to do that as they have their own calls for NRL, although surprising it’s taken this long for them (Fox Footy) to be able to do it

Can’t see how it gets an audience, just be betting company sponsored im assuming… whoever said 3 drunks at the local pub tab summed it up perfectly. 3 idiots yelling at a tv yahooing winners

Oh come on, it costs nothing to put on, its doesn’t require in depth thought bubbles and isn’t pandering to the social justice mob like Maher, Gaze, Whately and Russell…

My wife doesn’t like the races but she enjoys hearing them death riding each other and it’s a cheap laugh..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back