1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

exactly, while we do love our sport, i cant hear about tom lynch for over an entire day, he should be focusing on NBA finals etc, Garry and Tim seem to find great journos from the USA to speak to just to mix to up a bit, 3 hours of AFL doesnt work, then comes Andy and Bob......

Time differential. 1 pm our time is 8pm the prev day in LA and 12 midnight in NYC.

Crocmedia announced this morning about a further expansion into Sydney, including SEN 1170 launching with Andrew Voss on breakfast.

If they ever expand properly to Perth (which seems logical), you might expect Tim Gossage to be the one who fronts up the station. There's some other good talent in Perth sports media being underutilised eg.Glenn Mitchell and a couple of the Sport FM blokes. And they might lure across a couple of the 6PR guys.

Hmm, not sure he's the best choice to host given his it seems like his love and interest in sport starts and stops with rugby league. Nothing wrong with that per se but surely somebody with a more rounded love and interest in sport might have been more appropriate.

The money comes from Perth.
SEN is not a major player financially in Melbourne radio, would a similar market share in WA work?

2-3 per cent market share. Probably not sustainable in the long term is it? But they would have much lower overheads in WA to cover.

I'd like to think that a proper SEN WA station would rate better than 2-3 per cent. WA people are parochial. But the precedent in SA with SEN SA hasn't been great (equally parochial, if not more).

2-3 per cent market share. Probably not sustainable in the long term is it? But they would have much lower overheads in WA to cover.

I'd like to think that a proper SEN WA station would rate better than 2-3 per cent. WA people are parochial. But the precedent in SA with SEN SA hasn't been great (equally parochial, if not more).

I'd expect SEN WA to expand to incorporate a few local shows such as a Tim Gossage daily show in the next few months. Like SEN SA I'd expect most shows to be networked from Victoria.

The main problem with SEN SA is access. It's only on the app or narrowband stations.

I think Hutchy's ultimate goal is a commercial SEN station in each state and SEN trackside running on all the narrowband licences. At this point getting the commercial stations will be difficult in SA, Qld and WA.

I still think the bubble will burst, there has been very few Croc Media decisions made in the last few years that wouldn't be a financial strain on the business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its the editorialising correct.

Yeah no issues with either answer. I think these days its difficult to find pure straight news. There's frequently a slant to it.

Just usually when someone complains about anti trump sentiment its usually from a pro trump person.

Yeah no issues with either answer. I think these days its difficult to find pure straight news. There's frequently a slant to it.

Just usually when someone complains about anti trump sentiment its usually from a pro trump person.
Trust me, not every morning but a couple of times her comments would have made even Virginia Trioli blush.

I am getting very tired of the cross promotional hype on sen.

The endless promotion of Murphy as being some sort of 'alternative thinking singing hipster'...when in reality he's an outer south-east bogun with a 10 year out of date haircut who likes Paul Kelly....and has mastered 5 chords on a guitar.

As a muso I find the level of patronisation of his exceedingly moderate talent amongst his colleagues as highly insulting.

That grossly irritating 'your the voice' intro to Whately...that summarises the totality of the pretentiousness of the station by making a hero out of a sports jock.

Its all on a level of 'Robbo-cop'.......it's what happens when you give cretinous 20-somethings with zero life experience free reign in a production studio. It's as shallow as a Trump speech....and just as purile.

The endless promotion of Murphy as being some sort of 'alternative thinking singing hipster'...when in reality he's an outer south-east bogun with a 10 year out of date haircut who likes Paul Kelly....and has mastered 5 chords on a guitar.

As a muso I find the level of patronisation of his exceedingly moderate talent amongst his colleagues as highly insulting.

That grossly irratating 'your the voice' intro to Whately...that summarises the totality of the pretentiousness of the station by making a hero out of a sports jock.

Itscall on a level of 'Robo-cop'.......it's what happens when you give cretinous 20-somethings with zero life experience free reign in a production studio. It's as shallow as a Trump speech.
Bob is more boring than Andy Maher (not a dig at Andy just ironic I think) his schtick is just that and he sounds like he doesn't want to be there half the time.
Please excuse this meme to describe Bob.
1597892594974.png

Hmm, not sure he's the best choice to host given his it seems like his love and interest in sport starts and stops with rugby league. Nothing wrong with that per se but surely somebody with a more rounded love and interest in sport might have been more appropriate.
hes good value vossy,respects and acknowledges NRL's historic past whilst providing atmosphere in the current,once again your left with
no idea who he supports as hes a professional thru n thru imo when calling games

That grossly irritating 'your the voice' intro to Whately...that summarises the totality of the pretentiousness of the station by making a hero out of a sports jock.

Its all on a level of 'Robbo-cop'.......it's what happens when you give cretinous 20-somethings with zero life experience free reign in a production studio. It's as shallow as a Trump speech....and just as purile.
not many on this board like bob for all the reasons mentioned above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back