#12 Dom Tyson - traded to North for Preuss and a 4th

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah apparently dislocated knee 2 - 12 weeks? he was running today at training apparently.

Also mentioned he approached Goodwin to ask what the benefit of the army style camp was?
listening to the report you provided, it sounds like he said. "tyson raised concerns with the coach Simon Goodwin, although he now sees the benefit in the camp.

Is it just me or am i hearing it wrong?

This also sounds like Richmond preseason training back in 1980. Do a time trial with no water on a 40+ day, because water is a sign of weakness, it's said some needed help from the ambos by the end.

Seems old fashioned, but it did get them a premiership though. Feels like goody is trying to raise the bar, meaning business as coach

Did that report say Tyson was running laps? Surely not that bad then.

Also said the complaint about the camp was a non-issue. From the sound of it with Dom the absolute worst case is he misses round 1 and plays for Casey, I think he'll be fine. He is no doubt a top 10 player in our side but at least he plays a position we have a s**t load of depth in.

This also sounds like Richmond preseason training back in 1980. Do a time trial with no water on a 40+ day, because water is a sign of weakness, it's said some needed help from the ambos by the end.

Seems old fashioned, but it did get them a premiership though. Feels like goody is trying to raise the bar, meaning business as coach
I think Barassi was pretty known for that approach - wouldn't let players take water or wear sleeves if it was cold because they needed to toughen up or something. I don't think the ethos works so well with millennials though. Plus the science is a bit questionable.

Malcolm blight used to do it at Geelong and Adelaide as well, no water allowed during training sessions

s**t for Dom, poor bastard is struggling in pre seasons didn't he miss a lot last year as well?

Luckily Lewis can literally slot straight into his role in round 1 if he misses out, probably guarantees Melksham a shot at playing as well

Good to hear the boys are being pushed to the limits, wouldn't love to do it meself but luckily I don't have too

As long as Fatty Kent makes it through pre season without choking on a souvy then she's all good

Malcolm blight used to do it at Geelong and Adelaide as well, no water allowed during training sessions

s**t for Dom, poor bastard is struggling in pre seasons didn't he miss a lot last year as well?

Luckily Lewis can literally slot straight into his role in round 1 if he misses out, probably guarantees Melksham a shot at playing as well

Good to hear the boys are being pushed to the limits, wouldn't love to do it meself but luckily I don't have too

As long as Fatty Kent makes it through pre season without choking on a souvy then she's all good

Souvy or shoey?

Saw Dean Kent in civilian clothes at a pub here in Melbourne. Hes actually looks a lot leaner up close. Leaner than the average male thats for sure

Saw Dean Kent in civilian clothes at a pub here in Melbourne. Hes actually looks a lot leaner up close. Leaner than the average male thats for sure

Yeah I'm only playing mate, being in an AFL program for 4 years or something you would struggle to not be in at least decent nick

He should probably wear jeans and t-shirt to matches then. Or a tuxedo

He should probably wear jeans and t-shirt to matches then. Or a tuxedo

That may stop my colleagues from commenting on how fat he is at every oppurtunity.

That may stop my colleagues from commenting on how fat he is at every oppurtunity.
He's just one of those people - I think the TV adds pounds or neck rolls or something. He looks pretty good at training. I thought he might of gotten bigger. In a good way; not a beer-belly way. But I think that every pre-season about almost everyone so it might not be accurate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's just one of those people - I think the TV adds pounds or neck rolls or something. He looks pretty good at training. I thought he might of gotten bigger. In a good way; not a beer-belly way. But I think that every pre-season about almost everyone so it might not be accurate.
Just got a big arse, low to the ground.
Wombatish

20km walk with bricks in a backpack for weight
Yeah I know, just think it's hilarious. Have done plenty of that in local footy myself, not fun.
Would have thought professional sportsmen would be using equipment that isn't going to knock them out.

Yeah I know, just think it's hilarious. Have done plenty of that in local footy myself, not fun.
Would have thought professional sportsmen would be using equipment that isn't going to knock them out.

Guess it being an army camp it was supposed to be as uncomfortable as possible

Guess it being an army camp it was supposed to be as uncomfortable as possible
So I guess the idea is that if we don't make finals we can go to war? Or hump bricks around?

I'm actually reasonably glad I'm not a professional sportsperson and AFL player (but if I was one I would probably be like Nat Fyfe or maybe Wayne Carey without the background noise)

So I guess the idea is that if we don't make finals we can go to war? Or hump bricks around?

I'm actually reasonably glad I'm not a professional sportsperson and AFL player (but if I was one I would probably be like Nat Fyfe or maybe Wayne Carey without the background noise)

I'm OK with the idea that if we lose an elimination final to St Kilda then no one leaves the ground alive

I'm OK with the idea that if we lose an elimination final to St Kilda then no one leaves the ground alive

I would level half of Melb

Remove this Banner Ad

Back